70’s and 80’s Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Screw the 70's and 80's. Ross and I were known to 'devour' bags of 5 cent WhiteCastle burgers in the Roaring 20's...

Maybe shock Is right after all. You are old!

Comment

Screw the 70's and 80's. Ross and I were known to 'devour' bags of 5 cent WhiteCastle burgers in the Roaring 20's...

A little OT but…. Does Braums still do the bag of burgers? Those got me through long hot days in the shop. Each tech would order a bag and a milkshake.

I think I just found something else I miss…
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

A little OT but…. Does Braums still do the bag of burgers? Those got me through long hot days in the shop. Each tech would order a bag and a milkshake.

I think I just found something else I miss…
        Looks like they do; good burgers...

Braum's Bag of 5 burgers for under $6 | Braum's (braums.com)
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Dang. Now I need to go check flights…
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Dang. Now I need to go check flights…
            Come on down! Think the heat index today is supposed to be 105 or 110 or something. Enjoy!

Comment

• Macy's Tea Room. We used to dress up and my Dad's sister & B-I-L would take us there for dinner. What a treat. Much better than the liver & onions my mom would feed us.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Come on down! Think the heat index today is supposed to be 105 or 110 or something. Enjoy!
                ugh. never mind. 57 here right now and termination dust on the mountains. Time to start thinking about moose and caribou hunting.

Comment

• What was the name of the seafood place on the northwest corner of Towne East Square?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    What was the name of the seafood place on the northwest corner of Towne East Square?
                    Joe Kelly's Oyster Dock

Comment

• What I truly miss about 80’s food in Wichita is Pizza Hut.

Yes, they are still around, but it’s truly no where near the same. Fresh dough. Great ingredients. Places for people to gather.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

Joe Kelly's Oyster Dock
                        Bingo! Thanks for that!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Are Bierock's still around in Wichita? Used to love those as a kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                            What I truly miss about 80’s food in Wichita is Pizza Hut.

Yes, they are still around, but it’s truly no where near the same. Fresh dough. Great ingredients. Places for people to gather.
                            I think it's a cultural and generational shift in dining trends. As a teen in the 80s, going to the Hut, Godfather's or Ken's (Hutch) for pizza and pop was definitely a thing. Now pizza is viewed more as a carry-out/delivery meal to eat while watching TV.

It's been replaced with half-priced apps at Applebee's. Dats wut da kidz ah doin deez dayz round here.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Are Bierock's still around in Wichita? Used to love those as a kid.
                              Oh yeah, love me some Bierock's with a lot of katsup...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                Are Bierock's still around in Wichita? Used to love those as a kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X