No announcement yet.

Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euros get the full point in the last match 4 and 2. The 3rd (last match on the course) is winding down. The Americans are going to need a minor miracle to get a half. Allisen Corpuz has about a 20 footer for birdie and she'll have to make it as the Euros have both players chipping for eagle.

The course is set up beautifully with a couple of drivable par 4s, 3 shot par 5s and 1 or 2 par 3s that can yield ones.

Jennifer Kupcho hits the flag and damn near chips in for birdie to make it interesting. 3 players putting for birdies with Corpuz going first, having by far the longest and most difficult putt. She makes and guarantees a half for the Americans. Effing DRAINS IT. US Open winner with the CLUTCHEST of clutch shots.

Now the Euros have 2 putts to salvage a half. Geez that was a HUGE putt. Stark is first and rams it in for the half. Incredible golf this afternoon. Not sure how they can top it the next 2 days.

5-3 USA after the first day.

Comment

• This sounds like a complete cluster: World No 1 golfer Scottie Scheffler was taken to jail​
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        With prayers to the accident victim, social media’s having a heyday… it’s gotta be a misunderstanding where a “supercop” just lost his $hit…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I can't believe Scottie was driving himself to the course. As much as he leans on his group, this is absolutely stunning to me.

Hard to believe a pedestrian was killed with all the safety procedures in place (and if you don't know what's going on, Scottie was not involved in this incident at all).

If he manages to shoot par or better, given his arrest and the weather....my goodness.

Is there ANY chance he wears orange tomorrow or Sunday? Because that would be elite.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

With prayers to the accident victim, social media’s having a heyday… it’s gotta be a misunderstanding where a “supercop” just lost his $hit…
            Exactly what I think too. But what the heck ...

FREE SCOTTIE

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Is there ANY chance he wears orange tomorrow or Sunday? Because that would be elite.
              Dude. Coffee everywhere.

Comment

I can't believe Scottie was driving himself to the course. As much as he leans on his group, this is absolutely stunning to me.

Hard to believe a pedestrian was killed with all the safety procedures in place (and if you don't know what's going on, Scottie was not involved in this incident at all).

If he manages to shoot par or better, given his arrest and the weather....my goodness.

He could borrow 'threads' from Rickie Fowler...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

He could borrow 'threads' from Rickie Fowler...

Comment

I can't believe Scottie was driving himself to the course. As much as he leans on his group, this is absolutely stunning to me.

Or in future tournaments, he should make orange his second day color to link it to the day it happened in this tournament.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• How about instead of wearing orange, Scottie slows down a little bit and stops when a police officer tells him to. I personally think that would be a better idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                          How about instead of wearing orange, Scottie slows down a little bit and stops when a police officer tells him to. I personally think that would be a better idea.
                          What were the details around Scottie not responding to the officers request?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

What were the details around Scottie not responding to the officers request?
                            "

Scheffler was driving past the scene at around 6 a.m. when a police officer told him to stop. Police say the officer attached himself to the vehicle Scheffler was operating. Scheffler stopped, and the officer ordered Scheffler out of the car before putting him in handcuffs.

Louisville police say the officer was sent to the hospital after being dragged “to the ground” and suffering “pain, swelling, and abrasions to his left wrist” after Scheffler’s vehicle “accelerated forward.”
                            ​"

I know if a police officer attached himself to my car and got dragged to the ground and had to goto the hospital, I wouldn't be playing golf in a few hours.

I don't think he did this on purpose, but lets not treat him like the victim.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

"

Scheffler was driving past the scene at around 6 a.m. when a police officer told him to stop. Police say the officer attached himself to the vehicle Scheffler was operating. Scheffler stopped, and the officer ordered Scheffler out of the car before putting him in handcuffs.

Louisville police say the officer was sent to the hospital after being dragged “to the ground” and suffering “pain, swelling, and abrasions to his left wrist” after Scheffler’s vehicle “accelerated forward.”
                              ​"

I know if a police officer attached himself to my car and got dragged to the ground and had to goto the hospital, I wouldn't be playing golf in a few hours.

I don't think he did this on purpose, but let’s not treat him like the victim.
                              No one knows for sure all of the circumstances surrounding this incident. Several people have come to SS defense and said that his personality isn’t the type to defy law enforcement. They went on to explain that they felt it was more likely a misunderstanding, and that SS didn’t hear or understand the Police orders that were being verbally communicated.

The cuffs may have been an unfortunate result of this misunderstanding. If it results in a court hearing, maybe we will find differently. If the charges are just dropped, the misunderstanding theory is probably correct.

Comment

• First, don't attach yourself to a moving vehicle...the vehicle will win every time. There are also reports that indicated Scheffler was unaware of where he was asked to go. There was chaos due to the unfortunate accident that killed a man. None of us know Scheffler personally, but from all accounts he is one of the most popular players on tour and has a high level of morals and values. Some fellow players indicated it would be out of character for Scheffler to purposfully and knowingly drag someone that attached themselves to his car. None of us were there. Let's let the investigative portion of this unfortunate situation play out. If it is proved he purposfully did this...shame on him and he should be punished. If he truly wasn't aware of it...shame on the party that claimed this happened. The tee times Friday were delayed 2 hours for a couple of different reasons. If the original tee times were played out Scheffler was still in jail and would have been DQ. The 2 hours allowed his process to finish in time for him to play. Let's not vilivify him for getting out quickly. I have no doubt that once all parties knew there was a chance he could make his 2-hour delayed tee time, all aces up the sleeve were played. Don't think for a minute any of us in his position would have declined fast process to get us on the course.

Comment

Working...
                                X