Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few twitter nuggets:

From the bunker to the tee, Scottie will be free.

Scottie should serve baloney sandwiches at the Masters Champions Dinner next year.

He was arrested, released and will make his tee time is the whitest thing I've ever heard.

If he's next on the tee, he must be set free.

You know who else was arrested and taken away in chains 3 days before a big Sunday?

If you think is reckless driving and criminal mischief, just wait until Jordan Spieth tees off.

Way too many pics and gifs to mention, but my favorite is a recreation of the low speed OJ chase with the blanco bronco replaced by a white EZGo cart with Tiger driving and Scottie shotgun. I spit coffee all over the screen when I saw that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      A
      Way too many pics and gifs to mention, but my favorite is a recreation of the low speed OJ chase with the blanco bronco replaced by a white EZGo cart with Tiger driving and Scottie shotgun. I spit coffee all over the screen when I saw that one.
      I’m looking for that one… post a link if you can.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• FWIW, one of the all-time best movie endings… it gets me every time.

”I hope to see my friend and shake his hand … I hope the pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams …​”

You knew it was coming…

187 likes, 5 comments - betonline_ag on May 19, 2024: "“There must be a con like me in every prison in America” . . . #scottiescheffler #shawshankredemption #golf #pgamemes #golfers #pgach...".
        Last edited by WstateU; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• On a more serious note…

Comment

• One more…

Comment

• 47K likes, 663 comments - golficity on May 18, 2024: "“What?!” ? ? @kneeland_hibbett #golf #golfer #pgachampionship #golflife #golfing".

Comment

• 2,700 likes, 46 comments - onthegreentv on May 17, 2024: "Summarizing Scottie’s Morning @jeffdarlington @golfdigest @onthegreentv #remix . . . #pgachampionship #masterschampion #golf #golfmemes...".

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Doesn’t get much better than this…

187 likes, 5 comments - betonline_ag on May 19, 2024: "“There must be a con like me in every prison in America” . . . #scottiescheffler #shawshankredemption #golf #pgamemes #golfers #pgach...".

Comment

• All Charges Dropped Against Scottie Scheffler, Top Golfer's Response Was Nothing but Class

Jefferson County Attorney Mike O’Connell filed a motion with the court to have all charges against the two-time major winner dismissed after finding that evidence in the prosecutor’s investigation corroborated Scheffler's claim.

"Based upon the totality of the evidence," O'Connell told the court, "my office cannot move forward in the prosecution of the charges filed against Mr. Scheffler. Mr. Scheffler’s characterization that this was ‘a big misunderstanding’ is corroborated by the evidence."
                      The judge accepted O'Connell's motion to dismiss the charges with prejudice (charges cannot be refiled).

Shortly after the charges were dropped, Scheffler released an emotional statement that was pure class.​

Earlier today, I was informed by my attorney, Steve Romines, that all charges were formally dismissed in regard to the incident outside of Valhalla Golf Club on May 17.

As I stated previously, this was an unfortunate misunderstanding. I hold no ill will toward Officer Gillis. I wish to put this incident behind me and move on, and I hope he will do the same. Police officers have a difficult job and I hold them in high regard. This was a severe miscommunication in a chaotic situation.

I appreciate the support during the past two weeks and want to again encourage everyone to remember the real tragedy of May 17. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with John Mills and his family, and I hope to personally offer my condolences now that the case is over. Thank you, Scottie.

​No countercharges, no threat to sue, no hard feelings. The world's top-rated golfer even spoke kindly of the arresting officer and said his thoughts and prayers continue to be with the volunteer who was killed and his family.

Comment

Working...
                      X