Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

I was there Sunday...cool course and great atmosphere. Stayed between the fairways of 2 & 7 and saw a lot of great shots and players. Saw three spectators hit as well. One in the shoulder, one in the knee, and a guy in a KU hat almost right in the junk. Tommy Fleetwood hit him and just gave him a handshake. Other spectators received signed glove or ball. Went to 17 when the leaders where coming and saw JT make the birdie in regulation to get within one and also saw him make the birdie to take the lead in the playoff. Good times yesterday!
    I refuse to use the word...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Didn’t see it live but heard about it in the course Holes 2-7 are compact and overlap at some points. Was definitely something I have never seen before

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

Didn’t see it live but heard about it in the course Holes 2-7 are compact and overlap at some points. Was definitely something I have never seen before
        I actually witnessed Nicklaus do something similar in ‘82 at Southern Hills. The ole memory isn’t the best. He might have actually topped a shot after thinking about it, but regardless, it was ugly and something a weekend golfer can relate to.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Comment

• I saw the other day that the Michelob Ultra guy basically got a NIL deal :) In case you missed it, someone shared a picture on twitter of Tiger hitting a shot and almost everyone behind him had their phones out filming it except for one guy who was holding a Michelob Ultra. The company tracked him down and signed an agreement with him. The full story and tweet can be found at https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...a-ad/50295249/
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• I've watched a little of the Women's US Open. I attended the Open at Prairie Dunes years ago and remember that the course set up was starkly different than when I played it previously. However, it still retained some "US Open" features. Penalizing rough for the most part and quick greens.

This year is ridiculous. Seriously, enough with this crap. Make it a test. If you want other tourneys to be pitch and putts for the ladies with 112 yard par 3s, 430 par 5s and no par 4 over 375 with funneled pin placements and greens that roll about a 5 so that morons that don't know better will think women are as good as men with the low scores, fine. But the Open should be a test.

You could land C-17 transport planes side by side on many of these fairways and the greens....the greens....way too easy. Total joke.

I think next year is Pebble. That should be better, but they could also be ruining the course for other golfers for months, if not years, to make it "playable" for the ladies.

Comment

• DJ, Kevin Na, Phil, Sergio, Bryson all going to the LIV Tour.

I can't fault them for chasing the money, but I can virtually guarantee you that their value immensely decreases when they're not playing against fellow PGA Tour players as much, and not playing in tournaments with the same cache as the PGA Tour.

The Saudis have insane oil money, but I do wonder if they'll truly see a return on investment here. People aren't going to watch a tour that features lower-tier events compared to the US Open, the Masters, The Open, and the PGA Championship.

Regardless, I think it's a lesson in understanding where the value lies, just like college athletics. If a few jump ship, it doesn't change (for example to the G League), but if everyone does, that's a different story. The value is in the PGA Tour, just like it is in the college you attend, but there's a critical mass.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Don't have the link handy at the moment, but I did see that there will be two guys from Wichita and four overall from Kansas in the Open. I believe the Wichita guys went to HS at KMC and Heights.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Don't have the link handy at the moment, but I did see that there will be two guys from Wichita and four overall from Kansas in the Open. I believe the Wichita guys went to HS at KMC and Heights.
                    The others are a player from Washburn and of course Gary Woodland.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Don't have the link handy at the moment, but I did see that there will be two guys from Wichita and four overall from Kansas in the Open. I believe the Wichita guys went to HS at KMC and Heights.
                      https://www.kake.com/story/46645395/...t-2022-us-open

Side Note: Slade Adams was a playa! Played HS golf against him. Never stood a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                        DJ, Kevin Na, Phil, Sergio, Bryson all going to the LIV Tour.

I can't fault them for chasing the money, but I can virtually guarantee you that their value immensely decreases when they're not playing against fellow PGA Tour players as much, and not playing in tournaments with the same cache as the PGA Tour.

The Saudis have insane oil money, but I do wonder if they'll truly see a return on investment here. People aren't going to watch a tour that features lower-tier events compared to the US Open, the Masters, The Open, and the PGA Championship.

Regardless, I think it's a lesson in understanding where the value lies, just like college athletics. If a few jump ship, it doesn't change (for example to the G League), but if everyone does, that's a different story. The value is in the PGA Tour, just like it is in the college you attend, but there's a critical mass.
                        I like what JT and Mcilroy had to say. Certainly respect their and everyones right to make their own decisions based on their personal beliefs and desires. Any time you are making a decision solely based on the money, it will most certainly not turn out how you want in the end. I see many lawsuits coming out of this between the PGA and the players.

"It's a bummer. I mean, I think a lot of us are -- I don't know if annoyed or tired is the right way. I mean it's just one of those things," said Thomas. "I've thought a lot about it and it's like, look, like, people are entitled to choose as they wish.

"I don't dislike D.J. now. I don't think he's a bad dude. I'm not going to treat him any differently. It's, like, he's entitled to choose as he wishes. I think that the day and age that we live in now, it's just so negative that you see it in everything. Sport, politics, whatever it is, it's, like, if you disagree with someone you just feel that you're entitled to, like, hate them and talk bad about them and just bash their decision, when everybody's entitled to their own opinion, you know what I mean?

"Like I said, it doesn't make him a bad person. Now I'm disappointed, and I wish that he and others wouldn't have done it, but that's their decision. I've said it all along, it's like guys can do as they wish. If they want to go, they can go. If they want to stay, they can stay.

"Selfishly, I think and I know that the PGA Tour is the best place to play in the world and it's just the decision is theirs and it is what it is, but ... I wish that it wouldn't take away or I wish it wouldn't be taking away from the great storylines and things that are going on on a Tour that's been around for a very long time and is in one of the best places it's ever been. It's just a bummer that those guys won't be a part of it."
                        "I think my stance on it has been pretty clear from the start," said McIlroy. "It's not something that I want to participate in. I certainly understand the guys that have went. I understand what their goals and their ambitions are in their life. I'm not, certainly not knocking anyone for going. It's their life, it's their decision, they can live it the way they want to.

"But for me I want to play on the PGA Tour against the best players in the world. And I think for me, speaking to a few people yesterday and one of the comments was ... any decision that you make in your life that's purely for money usually doesn't end up going the right way. Obviously money is a deciding factor in a lot of things in this world, but if it's purely for money it's not, never seems to, you know, it never seems to go the way you want it to."
                        https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/...-for-liv-golf/

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          I like what JT and Mclroy had to say.
                          Happened to watch the video of both of them just now, haha. Really good stuff.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Not big on cancel culture, but won't hurt my feelings to not see DJ or Bryson on Ryder Cup etc teams for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

https://www.kake.com/story/46645395/...t-2022-us-open

Side Note: Slade Adams was a playa! Played HS golf against him. Never stood a chance.
                              Yes he was, sad story for sure.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Day one LIV leaderboard. Only a few names even recognizable. Only way to watch is streaming on the LIV website or Facebook/Youtube.

The LIV Golf International Series' final round is underway. Charl Schwartzel had a three-shot lead to start the day. Dustin Johnson is within striking distance. Follow the action here..

Comment

Working...
                                X