K State Athletes show their cancel culture and Snowflake attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Do you have a Facebook account? Do you see all of the heinous comments spewed about cops, Republicans, etc? Do you think that’s ok?
    Do you want a little whine with your cheese?

If you hang out on this chatroom and you're a little left of center, you constantly read insults spewed about democrats, liberals, etc. So could we ask you if you think that's OK, too? Or is this a one-way street. Most people like me have a pretty thick skin, but I believe this merits asking.

Note most of the time, I just shake my head, but I think you're being a little whiny here, so that's the reason for the question.
    Note my comments are directed to your specific political party comment, not the one dealing with police. I'm a law and order guy, our police need to be supported. Support of the police is not and should not be confined to a political party. We should all support them. My thought is that they may need additional training in some areas (to address some of the specific issues that have been aired), but if we don't have police we don't have a democracy.
    Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; June 29, 2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

There are a few questions I would need to be answered before I would have an opinion about what K-State should do to the student who made the post.

Did he make it using K-State resources or was this on his own private time/using he own private computer?

Did he post this toward another K-State student or was it a public post?

As a public institution there should definitely be limitations on what they can and should be able to do towards someones free speech.

As an idiot I have no problem with no one inviting him over for afternoon tea and crumpets.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

If you hang out on this chatroom and you're a little left of center, you constantly read insults spewed about democrats, liberals, etc. So could we ask you if you think that's OK, too? Or is this a one-way street. Most people like me have a pretty thick skin, but I believe this merits asking.

Note most of the time, I just shake my head, but I think you're being a little whiny here, so that's the reason for the question.
        Note my comments are directed to your specific political party comment, not the one dealing with police. I'm a law and order guy, our police need to be supported. Support of the police is not and should not be confined to a political party. We should all support them. My thought is that they may need additional training in some areas (to address some of the specific issues that have been aired), but if we don't have police we don't have a democracy.
        Most of the time (in fact, hardly ever) I don’t agree with what you have to say, but that last half of your post is spot on.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Please do not confuse the rights of free speech with posters agreement with what he said. I haven't seen anyone "agree" with his statement.
          And right here is the crux of the problem. The inability for some to recognize that defending someone's right to say something and not agree that the person's life should essentially be destroyed, is NOT an endorsement of what they said.

How the hell did we get to this point?

Where will it stop? K-State athletes want the university to enact a policy that allows them to expel someone for saying something offensive. I find that reprehensible. But I'm sure the school will capitulate.

Comment

K-State is in a horrible position.

Comment

Someone DM’ed a photoshopped pic to a K-State WBB player of her head in a noose, which is horrendous and incomprehensible.

But (and I feel horrible for thinking this) it’s starting to feel a little fishy. She only tweets the photo, but never tweets the actual DM (many have asked), which would reveal the account. She doesn’t appear to be pursuing much with it after the original tweet either.

Idk I want to believe her, but showing the DM would be real easy to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post
                Someone DM’ed a photoshopped pic to a K-State WBB player of her head in a noose, which is horrendous and incomprehensible.

But (and I feel horrible for thinking this) it’s starting to feel a little fishy. She only tweets the photo, but never tweets the actual DM (many have asked), which would reveal the account. She doesn’t appear to be pursuing much with it after the original tweet either.

if that's true, you can surely get expelled for THAT

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post

Like you, I think that sounds extremely fishy.

If it's true, the person who did it should be expelled for threatening another student (and perhaps face legal consequences). If it's not true, the player should be expelled for perpetrating a hoax.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

My question was directed to the poster who said negative comments have no place like that in civilized society. So then I assumed he believes all comments like that should be ousted. It sounds like some football players are the ones that should be thickening their skin. I’m not the one threatening to boycott my company because somebody made some childish remarks on twitter. I tend to like positive more than negative so yes it would be nice to rid the negative, but that’s not realistic and does not lie only on one side of the fence.

The rest of your post regarding law enforcement I totally agree with you.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

https://1350kman.com/k-state-preside...-led-protests/

Comment

Originally posted by shox526 View Post
                        First time I have allowed myself to get into a political debate on SN. I regret it.

At a minimum I hope we can all agree that the comments served no positive purpose and that there is no place for them in a civil society.
                        Yep, no place for them but still legal and within the scope of the 1st amendment. KSU definitely has a mess on its hands. However free speech is free speech. Where does cancel culture stop? Do KSU athletes start searching through old social media post from alumni and demand that there association with KSU be severed because they said something insensitive 10, 20, 50, years ago? People change, I know I have. If I was to be judged by my current peers based on the way I acted and thought when I was 17 I would be unemployable.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post

Yep, no place for them but still legal and within the scope of the 1st amendment. KSU definitely has a mess on its hands. However free speech is free speech. Where does cancel culture stop? Do KSU athletes start searching through old social media post from alumni and demand that there association with KSU be severed because they said something insensitive 10, 20, 50, years ago? People change, I know I have. If I was to be judged by my current peers based on the way I acted and thought when I was 17 I would be unemployable.
                          Lucky for me a Polaroid was the only way to preserve and document my idiocy. We are going to need to find a little grace as a society.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

How about a full review of all athlete's social media. If anything could be construed as hatred, regardless of the intent or the target, and especially if it was disguised as a joke, that athlete should be expelled or at least have their scholarship taken away. If they make their accounts private and refuse to share it, we assume they have something to hide and are expelled for non-compliance. Hey, privacy comes at a price.

Let's go ahead and take this to it's full conclusion.

Comment

I cannot see how this joke was racist or was hate speech. On the flip side, all that matters is how the black athletes view it, cause you cannot compete in the NCAA with only white athletes

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                How about a full review of all athlete's social media. If anything could be construed as hatred, regardless of the intent or the target, and especially if it was disguised as a joke, that athlete should be expelled or at least have their scholarship taken away. If they make their accounts private and refuse to share it, we assume they have something to hide and are expelled for non-compliance. Hey, privacy comes at a price.

Let's go ahead and take this to it's full conclusion.
                                A friend of mine that is close to the KSU football program said they are going to have real problems if some of the players DMs ever make the light of day. The LGBTQ community will not like what they see.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X