K State Athletes show their cancel culture and Snowflake attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shox526 View Post
    First time I have allowed myself to get into a political debate on SN. I regret it.

At a minimum I hope we can all agree that the comments served no positive purpose and that there is no place for them in a civil society.
    Please do not confuse the rights of free speech with posters agreement with what he said. I haven't seen anyone "agree" with his statement. We all "draw lines in the sand" in different places at which we feel it could get out of hand. If someone says something I disagree with, or worse, distasteful, about me, my friends, or family, I first consider the source. It's like trolling. The person is most likely not worth my breath and I'm certainly not going to give more line. But just look at all the line he just got. Just what he wanted.

Comment

First time I have allowed myself to get into a political debate on SN. I regret it.

At a minimum I hope we can all agree that the comments served no positive purpose and that there is no place for them in a civil society.
      Do you have a Facebook account? Do you see all of the heinous comments spewed about cops, Republicans, etc? Do you think that’s ok?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I didn’t say it was.

If your first reaction to this kid isn’t disgust, then I can’t help you. The particulars of what punishments are or are not permissible under the law can be argued I’m sure. But if you feel more compelled to defend him than you do to call out the destructive, incendiary nature of his comments... I hope you are the beneficiary of more empathy in your life than you are apparently capable of.
        I’m just going to recap this thread and my responses for you:

Me: he should have consequences for his harrassment
        B1ShockFan: this is a distasteful joke and anyone who doesn’t think he should be shunned from the community is evil.
        Me: if it’s a joke then who cares what he was saying.
        You: he should have consequences for his threatening, racist or distasteful Comments.
        Me: what’s threatening?
        You: you’re horrible if you don’t think this person is disgusting.

WTF?
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I'm not sure everyone on here would agree with you, but I do. Not only that, if it was my kid that posted that kind of stuff that started all this, Kansas State woudn't have to worry about it, I'd already have my foot about halfway up his butt.

Just about the first thing I would do is to get a list of charitable organizations and find the hottest, nastiest job, then I'd make sure he volunteered and showed up. About two weeks in the heat and dirt would probably do wonders for his entitled attitude Then, I'd make him apologize to the entire community for being such a douche'.

He needs to have his entitlement driven out of him and replaced with feelings of gratitude. When you're grateful to have something, rather than think you are entited to it, it does make a lot of difference in how you view things.
          Whipping him might be an appropriate response

Comment

If what I said made you think that, I wasn’t clear. My point was that IF he doesn’t have the sense to apologize, he’s gotta go.

Our society needs more empathy. I am realizing that SN is the wrong place to look for it.
            Never apologize to the mob!!!! They will take their pound of flesh regardless.
            Livin the dream

Comment

He should apologize to George Floyd’s family if they request it. Otherwise, everyone needs to stop being offended on behalf of someone else.

Puritanism is a bigger problem than racism.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

He should apologize to George Floyd’s family if they request it. Otherwise, everyone needs to stop being offended on behalf of someone else.

Puritanism is a bigger problem than racism.
                It’s duscipline or cancel by MOB culture.

Comment

I'm willing to bet most of our players wouldn't spend 5 minutes in a room with many of you as you stand in opposition to most of their beliefs (if you had the mixture of balls and gauche to spout it in their faces ). Some of you really cross the line regularly into racism, much like the kid from KState.

As far as that dipshit goes, I don't see how the University can legally punish him without inviting a host of trouble. They can and should repudiate it and call it shameful. Maybe the players should make good their threats. What a ****ed up system college sports are.

As far as this board goes, I've always known there were some reactionary mother****ers on here, but I've been surprised how much some have doubled down. I guess I shouldn't be. I'm a long way from woke, but I'm honestly saddened by some of what I read in here.
                  Last edited by BOBB; June 28, 2020, 08:59 PM.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Whipping him might be an appropriate response
                    Please expand on how it might be particularly appropriate.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      I'm willing to bet most of our players wouldn't spend 5 minutes in a room with many of you as you stand in opposition to most of their beliefs (if you had the mixture of balls and gauche to spout it in their faces ). Some of you really cross the line regularly into racism, much like the kid from KState.

As far as that dipshit goes, I don't see how the University can legally punish him without inviting a host of trouble. They can and should repudiate it and call it shameful. Maybe the players should make good their threats. What a ****ed up system college sports are.

As far as this board goes, I've always known there were some reactionary mother****ers on here, but I've been surprised how much some have doubled down. I guess I shouldn't be. I'm a long way from woke, but I'm honestly saddened by some of what I read in here.
                      the K-State kid may or may not be racist, but that joke is not racist

Comment

I suggest we shut down the humor thread now. Pretty sure it contains more than a few jokes that many would find offensive.
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

I didn’t see any racism in this thread. I did some doubling down and am reactionary. That’s fair!

The woke left has gone too far. Laureal will no longer use the term “white” in their whitening cream. The far left is trying to tear down this country with violence. It’s important to protest that. I chose to do it with speech.

“I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend with my life you’re right to say it.”

Why isn’t this a thing anymore? Instead we have, “you’re words are violence and your silence is consent.” I won’t stand for that.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

What is it exactly that "many" of us has said that is racist?? We believe in freedom of speech?? We think it is distasteful what he said. Better to know who your enemy is than to silence him.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’m just going to recap this thread and my responses for you:

Me: he should have consequences for his harrassment
                              B1ShockFan: this is a distasteful joke and anyone who doesn’t think he should be shunned from the community is evil.
                              Me: if it’s a joke then who cares what he was saying.
                              You: he should have consequences for his threatening, racist or distasteful Comments.
                              Me: what’s threatening?
                              You: you’re horrible if you don’t think this person is disgusting.

WTF?
                              I think you need to read my response again - "Sometimes I cannot believe what people write on here, maybe some of you should wear the shoes of others and see how these comments would sting. You stated "basically, making a bad spirited joke is probably not grounds" Do you really think this is a bad spirited joke, think about it, this is just keeping the hate going.

This was/is not a joke.
                              Last edited by B1ShockFan; June 28, 2020, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post

I think you need to read my response again - "Sometimes I cannot believe what people write on here, maybe some of you should wear the shoes of others and see how these comments would sting. You stated "basically, making a bad spirited joke is probably not grounds" Do you really think this is a bad spirited joke, think about it, this is just keeping the hate going.

This was/is not a joke.
                                Yep. Conflated you and shox526. My bad
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X