• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Thanks Mr. Lahey!
    Lahey.jpg
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
      Got in 24 this morning, making about 90 for the week. Following JV’s lead, I took the Redbud from Woodlawn to 127th for the first time. That’s some rough stuff to ride on. It was nice scenery but not sure I want to try that again. I like to have my riding surface a little more sure footed than that, even on the gravel bike.

Now I also understand JV’s three bridge comment. They are building three big, expensive bridges in the half mile section of trail between K96 and 127th. I don’t know anything about building codes but those bridges look a little over the top to me. It looks like they are designed to support semi-truck traffic, instead of just bicycle and pedestrian traffic.

A lot of people on these east side paths today, even the unfinished and under construction portions of the Redbud. I hope the city planners understand how popular these are and might take a second look at paving Woodlawn to K96.
      Good to know about the Redbud. The wife and I finally hit the city paths last weekend for the first time. We had a really great time and I was surprised at how well the paths were maintained (for the most part). I think I only saw one small piece of broken glass on the whole 20-mile loop running down Armour to the Gypsum Creek path down to Planeview and then back up the Canal Route. We met friends at the Gnome to start a beer crawl that included Pourhouse, RCB, Norton's and the Brickyard. Hit Lina's on the way home for a life-saving breakfast burrito.

Needless to say, I didn't burn as many calories as I ingested, but it was a helluva great day, nonetheless.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
        I ended up with 87 last week, almost 340 (or about half of what MVJ does in a month) for the month.
        I'm jealous of MVJs splits/averages. There are just so many damn stops and twists and turns. Just to get to a decent section of bike path from college hill, I have to ride 4-5 miles MINIMUM through residential.

When I see his times, all I can think of is which of the following best represents MVJ, and then which one am I? Or anyone else?

MVJ=

now which one am I?

wait....I'm this one (below)

Comment

• I'm not all that fast. I just ride a lot of trails without intersections. There is a flood control lake close, called Prairie Queen, just short of five miles per lap, you can circle the lake without slowing down. Five laps and you did a quick 20 miles. Don't take your wife or its a slow morning on an otherwise racetrack. The path circles the entire lake. No stop signs, no intersections.
          Screenshot_20200901-100213_Samsung Internet.jpg
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I'm jealous of MVJs splits/averages. There are just so many damn stops and twists and turns. Just to get to a decent section of bike path from college hill, I have to ride 4-5 miles MINIMUM through residential.

When I see his times, all I can think of is which of the following best represents MVJ, and then which one am I? Or anyone else?

MVJ=

now which one am I?

wait....I'm this one (below)

Sorry, I just needed a couple of peaks at Gal...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Sorry, I just needed a couple of peaks at Gal...
              How's this?

And on topic in the bicycle forum??

Comment

• Where's the blondes?

Comment

• When I ride, I wear Sansabelts. FB_IMG_1598923360011.jpg
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Welcome Wuzee! I’ve ridden your route several times this year and agree they do keep the paths maintained pretty well. When I rode this route a couple of weeks ago they had the Canal Route path torn up near Douglas. Is that still the case? I’m thinking of going that route later this week.

JV, nice to see you have the thread back on track ;)

Comment

• 31.5 miles. 2 hrs 18 minutes and I didn't get home till almost 9:30pm. My attempt to map the route shown. Saw 4 deer grazing 15-20 feet off the bike path (redbud?) just west of Oliver. Three scampered, but one just stood there looking at me after I stopped and pulled the line from elf....but just kept staring at me.

Note to Maddog and other Wichita people....they've poured some concrete at the junction of the redbud railroad corridor and the K96 bike path. It aint much, but its something. AMC theaters parking lot was PACKED. We went to a movie at east Warren on Saturday, not too busy.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                        Where's the blondes?
                        Trail or road bike? You see why I like riding the mtn bike now. You'd never meet these two on a smooth paved city bike path.

Comment

• 22 miles in an hour and twenty five last night. Got up to a hundred again here yesterday, most of the hot weather would seem to be behind us.....I hear we are getting a front by Tuesday (meaning you guys should get it sometime this weekend).

Comment

• Did an easy paced 26 miles this morning, going to do a 15-20 mile ride with my wife tonight. First time on the saddle since Saturday, so I have a lot of work to make a hundred. That said, I have rides scheduled every day through Saturday, so I'll get at least a hundred .
                            Screenshot_20200902-124854_MapMyRide.jpg

Comment

• MVJ - is this your ride?

Comment

• Its like that, not sure if those photos are from the lake we were riding. I rode to pick my wife up from work. We're taking a little break at Ralston Keno. Cheap food and free soda. I've got a mile to get home. When I'm done, I'll have over 40 today. Screenshot_20200902-163001_MapMyRide.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X