No announcement yet.

Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, should I ride th 30vextra miles, or just let what happens. Happens.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• RODE 60. Actually, 61. Somehow, we got fudged out of five-six. Regardless, great week. Tomorrow will be zero. Or close to that number.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Very impressive MVJ!

I got my tire fixed today. Apparently I had a small thorn puncture the tire and inner tube. The LBS pulled something small out of the tire which looked like a small thorn to me. Plan to be back on the bike tomorrow.

Comment

• Screenshot_20200829-222544_MapMyRide.jpgScreenshot_20200829-222230_MapMyRide.jpg I don't know what happened to my tracker, but it shut down six miles fro the finish. You can see the green start and red finish and can assure you we didn't walk the last sox miles. Not too much too protest, though, 170 miles logged in a week ain't too bad.

Comment

• Weather was beautiful here today. Unfortunately our AM ride turned into "go into work for 3-1/2 hrs for customer. when the email notification hit at 7:45 am). Pays the bills I guess.

I hit that SUBSCRIBE button on NBC Gold Cycling Pass because the Tour de France started today. Amazing first day of racing. Heavy rains made a mess of more than one rider. Tomorrow is a big climbing day.

Didn't set out on the bikes today until 8:30 pm. Weather was super cooperative at that point. Calm, cool, if not a bit humid. Got the wife out on her first real night ride including some time on the redbud trail after dark. You can see from the 2nd pic it gets pretty dark. 17 miles in an hour and a half, not bad considering the slow crawl on the redbud trail as she wasn't as reckless as I like to be. Just under 125 miles for me this week. Last week I was going to replace some spokes (4) in a broken wheel, and noticed microcracks along many of the nipples on the wheel. Took the wheel in (front appeared OK), and got the spokes replaced free of charge, and purchased another set of wheels for the road bike (switched the cassette from the old wheel to the new one. Thought about painting them black, but am going to leave them shiny chrome. The old Trek bike wheels (Matrix, I think) were standard, but the new wheels are a bit (more) aero than the originals, so I'm guessing my average speed will increase by .0001. LOL Already got the tires on and will hit the road bike Monday (still loving the mtn bike). If the weather is super cool in the AM, will probably go for a road bike ride (in the AM) and then a mtn bike ride tomorrow night. Hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

• A few pics from rural Iowa.20200829_144545.jpg20200829_113809.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                A few pics from rural Iowa.20200829_144545.jpg20200829_113809.jpg
                Madison County?
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Got in 24 this morning, making about 90 for the week. Following JV’s lead, I took the Redbud from Woodlawn to 127th for the first time. That’s some rough stuff to ride on. It was nice scenery but not sure I want to try that again. I like to have my riding surface a little more sure footed than that, even on the gravel bike.

Now I also understand JV’s three bridge comment. They are building three big, expensive bridges in the half mile section of trail between K96 and 127th. I don’t know anything about building codes but those bridges look a little over the top to me. It looks like they are designed to support semi-truck traffic, instead of just bicycle and pedestrian traffic.

A lot of people on these east side paths today, even the unfinished and under construction portions of the Redbud. I hope the city planners understand how popular these are and might take a second look at paving Woodlawn to K96.

Comment

• Bad thing about a 60 mile ride on crushed limestone, the dust. There is dust in everything. My water bottle was disgusting, inside and out. Evry nook, every cranny, under the seat, handlebars, pedals, even my waterproof tool bag had dust in it.

I guess I need to wash my bike.

Comment

• Washed the mtn bike today. We only got in 15 miles tonight, but it was super enjoyable. Tomorrow, back on the road bike for a hard test on the new wheels.

TDF finish today was just amazing. Three man sprint in the last 900 meters or so ( all slowing down watching each other to see who is going to go first.) Meanwhile, 100-200 yards behind is the main pack and they look like a tsunami wave that is going to swallow the three riders, until one guy (Alaphilippe) breaks and makes a go of it and wins by a tire. We were literally screaming GO GO GO at the tv at the finish.

Comment

• 27.3 miles back on the road bike. 2 hrs 5 minutes. I don't know how it possible, but I rode north and east out to Andover sports park into a headwind, and then about halfway home, I ended up riding SOUTH and WEST into another headwind. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoy the slightly cooler temps like we are.

Comment

• The winds are like the drive thru, you always get f@$ked in the drive thru.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            The winds are like the drive thru, you always get f@$ked in the drive thru.
                            $hit winds are a comin...
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

$hit winds are a comin...
                              Thanks Mr. Lahey!
                              Lahey.jpg

Comment

• I ended up with 87 last week, almost 340 (or about half of what MVJ does in a month) for the month.

Got the first set of shots in my knee yesterday, my knees felt better immediately. Get the second set Friday. I'm going to Houston and needed to get the first two rounds this week. and wrap up at the end of the month.

Going riding tonight, I don't have too many nice pictures (like most of the rest of you), just my boring lap rides, but at least I'm getting in quite a few miles.

Have to get upstairs for meetings, I'm riding today and will try to post more later.

Comment

Working...
                                X