Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I'm a little more adventurous than some of the other people on here, but if you've done much riding in the country in Texas, you will either find out you need to be on a county road OR a farm-to-market with a shoulder or you might end up in a body bag.

Comment

• You adventurous types need to get your mountain bikes out and ride those bike trails at Purgatory ski resort. Many of the bike trails are on black diamond ski slopes. Having just hiked on them, the best way I could describe the experience would be like riding your bike down a roller coaster hill without the uphill to slow you down. Lots of folks (30 and younger) doing it and having a great time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
        You adventurous types need to get your mountain bikes out and ride those bike trails at Purgatory ski resort. Many of the bike trails are on black diamond ski slopes. Having just hiked on them, the best way I could describe the experience would be like riding your bike down a roller coaster hill without the uphill to slow you down. Lots of folks (30 and younger) doing it and having a great time.
        That 'aint us.

Although if you take it completely out of context, the message is completely twisted...

Lots of folks (30 and younger) doing it and having a great time.

Comment

• JV, I would be disappointed if you didn’t take that
          out of context

I also figured if your going full speed on the rough part of Redbud at night with minimal lighting, you’d be ready to up your game a bit?

Comment

JV, I would be disappointed if you didn’t take that
            out of context

I also figured if your going full speed on the rough part of Redbud at night with minimal lighting, you’d be ready to up your game a bit?
            I love going downhill, but that's SNOWSKIING. When I fall while I am snowskiing, I have somewhere soft to land (most of the time). Hit the redbud again tonight, though not nearly as aggressively as yesterday. More of a "recovery" ride. Almost 19 miles tonight, same 1.5 hrs, so much more relaxed pace. Have to be honest, it is going to be difficult to go back to ONLY riding my road bike. Might even move my aero bar and pads from the roaad bike to give it a spin. But I will definitely be spending some time between the two different bikes from here on out.

Comment

You adventurous types need to get your mountain bikes out and ride those bike trails at Purgatory ski resort. Many of the bike trails are on black diamond ski slopes. Having just hiked on them, the best way I could describe the experience would be like riding your bike down a roller coaster hill without the uphill to slow you down. Lots of folks (30 and younger) doing it and having a great time.
              I've thought about buying a new mountain bike (more specifically a downhill bike), but I am more around making sure I use the bikes I have if I'm going to buy a new one. Buying a downhill bike would mean I would have to haul it to the trails (which there are some very close). I usually stay close to home because I don't want to spend the extra half hour to hour to do that. I have a really nice (but old) mountain bike, one that I can't get parts for the shock for anymore, so it mostly sits around and is not heavy trail-worthy anymore.

I know of a couple of places in the Hill Country where they have set up nice downhill trails and have the bikes to rent, so there's always that option as well. Neighbors in Houston have a son who likes to go out there, and I've been invited, so perhaps I will, after reading all the great reviews. It won't be as good as going to Colorado, but it's a lot closer, I could easily do that on a weekend.

Comment

• Rode another 22 last night, back to back 22's. Taking a rest day today. Goal is 100 miles this week so I can hit my 300+ this month (I did not last month, too many interruptions).

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                  Rode another 22 last night, back to back 22's. Taking a rest day today. Goal is 100 miles this week so I can hit my 300+ this month (I did not last month, too many interruptions).
                  That's what the wife says here. "No I can't go riding tonight, I have too much to do." She makes me think of this 10 second clip from an episode of King of the Hill:

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

That's what the wife says here. "No I can't go riding tonight, I have too much to do." She makes me think of this 10 second clip from an episode of King of the Hill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzLBSFI1PvA
                    King of the Hill.....good times. I lived in Elgin at one time. Elgin is about 18 miles northeast of Austin on 290. Mike Judge is from Austin. For the longest time I thought Judge roughly modeled the show after Elgin. Found out later that was not the case, but I got a big kick out of it (he was born in Richardson, just like Lance Armstrong).

Comment

• I have some good news. Apparently the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Amazingly my new gravel bike showed up and I got to take it home today! Also my bike jerseys and shorts made it 5 days on the porch while I was in Colorado without getting ripped off. I’m set now. Unfortunately didn’t have time to try any of the new stuff out today. Hopefully tomorrow!

Comment

I have some good news. Apparently the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Amazingly my new gravel bike showed up and I got to take it home today! Also my bike jerseys and shorts made it 5 days on the porch while I was in Colorado without getting ripped off. I’m set now. Unfortunately didn’t have time to try any of the new stuff out today. Hopefully tomorrow!
                        Photos or it didn't happen.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I did get a quick 4 miles around the neighborhood last night which is why it’s already dirty. Jersey pics to follow.
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I did get a quick 4 miles around the neighborhood last night which is why it’s already dirty. Jersey pics to follow.
                            what was the story about how/why it arrived? Was this the original order with BP?

PS...if you leave it out like that at night someone may take it. Not saying I would take it but, ya know...

Comment

• So about 2 1/2 weeks ago BP told me based on what was showing in their system that it would be a Jan 2021 delivery, “but a lot of times they come earlier”. They also told me they would get with their sales rep To see what could be done and get back to me. After a week I had not heard anything so I went back to BP to find out what the sales rep said. BP looked up my bike again and this time it was showing late October. Still no good. I grumbled some more and they looked up one other screen and low and behold there was my name, and the bike had a FedEx Ground ticket assigned. Now I ain’t too smart, but smart enough to know that if there is a FedEx Ground ticket, the bikes not in Taiwan any more. BP called me a few days later when I was in Colorado and my bike was waiting on me when I got home.

I don’t know if it was me dogging them, or if I just got lucky, but I guess it was my day :)

And no worries JV, both bikes are locked up every night.

Comment

• And these are the seven jerseys I got for $99. Three alcohol themed, a couple US themes, an international jersey, and a college jersey. If your not real particular about what you get, it’s a great deal. All seven fit, and I do like the wide variety of colors. I’m pretty happy with them. And so far so good with the $39 biking shorts. I need more than four miles to tell much of course, but I like them so far.
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X