No announcement yet.

Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOVE the pics. Thanks for taking time to do that. Don't know if they would pave one section first and then another a few months later....my guess is YES, they would, just to keep the ground from getting disturbed by cyclists who want to take pictures of the bridge and unfinished bike path.

I'm gonna guess by labor day they have that section paved IF they can get the section of path that crosses the railroad corridor "fixed".

Comment

• Just tried on the other pair of MTB shorts, the chamois is fitting me in a totally different place than the first pair. I like it better so far, but I will have a better idea once I get out there.

Comment

• Screenshot_20200813-185401_MapMyRide.jpg Got almost 40 in today. Up over 80 for the week. My wife is off tomorrow, so I'm sure she and I will do a molasses* ride, then 60 on Sat for more than 150 miles for the week.

* Slower than sh!t
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Good to hear you didn’t lose all your conditioning, ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
            Good to hear you didn’t lose all your conditioning, ha!
            I want to get a century ride in this season. If I can get 60 in on Sat without too much fuss, I'll do 75 next Sat and pretty much be ready.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• mvj - if you don't mind the ask, were were the protocols for the missus going back to work? How often do/will they test her now? Had others at employment had it and gone back to work as well?

Glad to hear you're doing well and that our fearless bike leader is out leading the charge again.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                mvj - if you don't mind the ask, were were the protocols for the missus going back to work? How often do/will they test her now? Had others at employment had it and gone back to work as well?

Glad to hear you're doing well and that our fearless bike leader is out leading the charge again.

Protocol has changed. Originally, it was two negative tests, now it is 14 days from testing positive, you return to work. Healthcare workers at Nebraska Medicine are not tested unless they are symptomatic. According to what I understand, and this is a layman's explanation, there is a timeframe for when the virus is transmissable, 72 hours after the fever breaks, you can no longer pass along the virus. 14 days from the positive test, regardless of having a fever, the contagious time period has passed. There is no need for further tests, and while there is much to be known about second bouts with covid, it is beyond extremely rare. I will never again have a stick shoved up my nose.

Comment

• 22 for me last night. Shorts worked well, I'm going ot order 2 more pair. If I can ride 20-25 miles, they will work well for me, they are pretty good quality and the fit is good.

I'm jealous of mvj, I'm slammed at work, if I wasn't I would probably hit 100 this week. As it is, I should hit close to or over 90. I'm OK with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                    22 for me last night. Shorts worked well, I'm going ot order 2 more pair. If I can ride 20-25 miles, they will work well for me, they are pretty good quality and the fit is good.

I'm jealous of mvj, I'm slammed at work, if I wasn't I would probably hit 100 this week. As it is, I should hit close to or over 90. I'm OK with that.
                    Super busy at work as well. Super jealous of mvj and the relationship he is able to have with his bicycle (like that guy below). 118 for me the past week. Friday is my usual rest day and errand "evening." Start up again Saturday morning with the wife.

Comment

• Good for you guys! I'm done for the week with just 50 miles. Heading to Colorado now for a few days. Plan to get in at least one day of hiking to make up for my slacking off with the bike.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Super busy at work as well. Super jealous of mvj and the relationship he is able to have with his bicycle (like that guy below). 118 for me the past week. Friday is my usual rest day and errand "evening." Start up again Saturday morning with the wife.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                          Good for you guys! I'm done for the week with just 50 miles. Heading to Colorado now for a few days. Plan to get in at least one day of hiking to make up for my slacking off with the bike.
                          Enjoy your trip.....I would normally say vacation, but since you're retired, it's more like a pleasure trip. Where in Colorado are you going?

Comment

• more. On the molasses* ride with my wife. Turned out her new Trek gives her a little stamina. 30 freaking miles! With the ball and chain! 114 so far and I'm riding tomorrow.
                            Screenshot_20200814-134027_MapMyRide.jpgScreenshot_20200814-134047_MapMyRide.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Enjoy your trip.....I would normally say vacation, but since you're retired, it's more like a pleasure trip. Where in Colorado are you going?
                              Platoro, Colorado for me, please. 67 degrees today. Low of 49. All the hiking, and trail riding I could ever want (if I had a trail bike). Fishing too if you like that sort of thing. We spent a day in Platoro when my son was looking at schools and was thinking about swimming in college, took an official visit to a school in Colorado and we drove to Platoro for the day. It was October. There's Road 250 (from Highway 17) going north. Don't recall the exact distance, want to saw about 20 miles, but it took an HOUR to make the drive. So you can imagine the road for a bicycle. And it may have only been October, but in that 20 mile drive, we went from sunny and pleasant 50-60 degree weather to snow covered roads before we reached the valley of Platoro. When you reach the "settlement" they have a big sign that reads "WE FIX FLATS." We think about making a trip next year for our 30 year anniversary.

Comment

• We’re going to Durango for a cousins reunion on my wifes side. Been driving since 6:30 and still have 169 miles to go... long way over here. And it’s been hot. Several hours in 100 degree temperatures in Colorado.

Comment

Working...
                                X