Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
    Upon what planet are the temps supposed to be in the mid 70s tomorrow? Is this AM or mid-late afternoon temperature? It does sound nice.

26 miles tonight. Lots of activity and new construction on WSU Campus and around campus. Hot (again) and a fair amount of wind tonight. No wife in tow so I rode my pace. Kinda medium tonight. After WSU I rode to the K96 Redbud path (Nature Center) down Oliver. Saw a huge deer along the path near K96 (Nature Center) grazing about 40 feet off the path.

BTW, is this Dubrovnik, Croatia? Seems like it could be, looks like it coule be. There's a wall around the old city, it sits next to the sea and they have rock outcroppings

Now I get it, I backed into this, it is actually in Spain, off the eastern coast. Probably close to where I was going to go on vacation this year. Bluffs that go straight to the sea. Was also going to visit Barcelona and Madrid. Countryside looks a lot like Dubrovnik, which is a great place to visit if you ever get the opportunity.

Ridley makes a good bike, but the scenery is better. :)

Rode 21.8 yesterday, will not ride further until this weekend. I should get close to 90 this week, I'm OK with that. I just want to get 300 for July. It's really hot here right now, Heat index was 100 (again) at 7 p.m. wnen I left.

I will have some disruption later in the month - going back to Houston I sold my house. Need to do a walkthrough with my renter, meet with my real estate agent and (probably) celebrate my birthday (early August), so I will leave south Texas on the 24th and will be back after the first week in August.
    Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; July 10, 2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

MoValley John said he rode 25 miles and went to the gym. There it is done. I took a rest day because the previous 3 days were intensive efforts, and because I had to work late. SWAMPED at work. Everybody gets a rest day once in a while.
      Pu$$y.

Just kidding. Tomorrow is a day off for me.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• 30 for me today. Golf tomorrow. More riding Sunday. More golfing (and possibly riding) Monday.

Retirement is good!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
          30 for me today. Golf tomorrow. More riding Sunday. More golfing (and possibly riding) Monday.

Retirement is good!
          Still have a way to go to reach that number. No need to rub it in. Color me jealous.

Comment

• Can you say sh**** on Shockernet? 16 miles in, six miles from home, broken chain.....
            Double shtick. Sitting at Mc Donald's waiting for a pickup. 20200710_180240.jpg20200710_180251.jpg
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              Can you say sh**** on Shockernet? 16 miles in, six miles from home, broken chain.....
              Double shtick. Sitting at Mc Donald's waiting for a pickup. 20200710_180240.jpg20200710_180251.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• In the days before cell phones (almost 30 yrs ago), when I first started bicycling, I got a flat. Had to leave my bike at a liquor store and jogged 8 miles to my vehicle at Cowtown. Next day I bought a repair kit. Now I routinely carry spare tubes. Fixing a flat is barely 5 minutes work. Had a pedal brake 200 feet from the house once (whew!). Have broken a spoke on a ride and now carry wire with me to tie spokes together should it ever happen again (helps to keep the wheel trued and centered until I can replace the spoke).

Comment

Pu$$y.

Just kidding. Tomorrow is a day off for me.
                  I knew you were kidding. I don't offend easily anyway, not an an internet message board. I'm probably more protective of this forum than my ego.

What's cool about this photo, just off the (ahem) rear of the cyclist, you can see at least 4 other cyclists on the same route. I've thought for many many years that I'm just living on the incorrect continent (and with my Dutch surname).

Last edited by JVShocker; July 10, 2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

30 for me today. Golf tomorrow. More riding Sunday. More golfing (and possibly riding) Monday.

Retirement is good!
                    Congrats on your retirement. I don't really want to retire until this crap is all over with. I'd just be sitting here without anything to do. I moved to this area a couple of years ago, I (probably) work too much, I DO know my neighbors, but did not get out and do much until the lockdown, and now I can't do anything (except lurk here and ride my bike).

I rode a little over 25 today in about an hour and 35 minutes (average speed of 15.3). It was 85 with humidity in the low 60 percent when I started and 90/50 when I got done. Tomorrow will be worse, want to get started earlier (hopefully).

Monday (my usual day off) will be 106, dropping a little but staying over 100 every day for the next week. I know you guys in Wichita will be impacted by this heat wave, so stay hydrated!

Comment

• I like to get out and ride early... 6:30 to 7:00 am, before it gets so darn hot. This week’s weather has really been messing with things with these early morning storms. Supposed to ride at 7:30 tomorrow but more storms in the area. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

• So Shaka, I’m a little confused. Did you just move to Houston, or just leave Houston? I thought you said you just sold your house in Houston? Just trying to keep up here!

Comment

So Shaka, I’m a little confused. Did you just move to Houston, or just leave Houston? I thought you said you just sold your house in Houston? Just trying to keep up here!
                          I live in central Texas, I left Houston in 2017, lived in Dallas for a little more than a year and then moved to where I am now. I got a pretty good deal moving here, they paid to move me and paid the closing costs on my current residence. It fit perfectly into my long-term plans, now that I'm selling my old home in Houston, I can get my mortgage on this place paid off.

If I continue to work a few more years, I'd like to buy a second home. Preferences would be either Calgary, Alberta (first) so I could be somewhere cooler in the summertime or Guanacaste, Costa Rica (second), and would prefer a small place.

I rode 22 today. 91 for the week. It was pretty hot again this morning. Your early morning rain is clouds by the time it gets here. We appreciate it (but would rather have the rain), because the clouds should 'only' keep it down to 103 here today.

Comment

• NM

Comment

Can you say sh**** on Shockernet? 16 miles in, six miles from home, broken chain.....
                              That sucks. Last time I had a flat, I had to call an uber, I was on an out and back and couldn't get the tube off.

Comment

• Sounds like a great plan Shaka. I hope you’re able to pull it off.

No rain this morning. A beautiful day to ride. Temps in the 70’s to low 80’s when we finished. 34 miles for us this morning. Planning for 20 tomorrow morning. Got to shut it down early tomorrow and save something for golf league in the afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X