Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Did the taco ride. One beer, no margaritas, wife and kids in tow. Fun, but much more reserved than when I go with a group of guys. I had to pretend to not notice the handful of braless females. Yes, "handful" can be used in more than one way.
    Its not one of those "nudie" bike rides is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I did purchase the bike as mentioned and have only ridden it once... a few miles. Unfortunately, the next morning my culo and back were pretty sore (I've had back trouble for 40+ years). Not sure it's the hobby best suited for me, but I do enjoy this thread and admire the commitments from all of you. I rode dirt bikes back in the day and I prefer motorized biking. I still do some walking and play a little golf (when my back allows) and that's about it for exercise, other than 12 oz. curls.

P.S. Don't give up on me yet... I still might surprise you.

Start slowly. Keep the riding to FLATS and neighborhoods. Think of "spinning" and high pedal cadence over big heavy gears and hard grinding pulls. Your back will thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Its not one of those "nudie" bike rides is it?

No. But it is a party atmosphere. Where there is a party atmosphere, you bring in people, of both genders, looking for fun. Many are dressed more to party than cycle. There are several pull offs with picnic tables on the trail; small parties break out along the way. The odor of marijuana along the trail is common. The Potowattamie County Sheriff will have deputies riding, but just to make sure nothing gets out of hand.

This is a social ride. If you make the ride trying to set a personal best, you will probably fail, plus piss off a bunch of leisure riders. I'm going fast at 18 mph downhill. This is the ride where you stretch your legs without going all out. And if you're single and knock a little tail out along the way, more power to you.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• No ride today. Smoking ribs, making potato salad and baked beans. Oh, and my own bbq sauces. It's an all day job.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            No ride today. Smoking ribs, making potato salad and baked beans. Oh, and my own bbq sauces. It's an all day job.
            See ya soon!!

Comment

• Fun Independence Day ride today with the wife.

Happy 4th everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                Fun Independence Day ride today with the wife.

Happy 4th everyone!

It may be fun, but you wont set a speed record.

Comment

• I don’t even own a bike. I keep coming back to this thread because of JVShocker.

Im a big fan of Puck. Is she good at her sport?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• What do you serious cyclist think about the E-Bikes?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      What do you serious cyclist think about the E-Bikes?

This is a Ribble e-bike.

Endurance SL e
                      Shimano Ultegra
                      • Shimano Ultegra 2x11 speed groupset.
                      • Shimano 34-50T x 11-32T gearing.
                      • Shimano Ultegra hydraulic disc brakes.
                      • Mavic Aksium Elite Evo EBM wheelset.
                      • Level 1 Alloy cockpit.
                      • Prologo Kappa RS saddle.

About $3800 retail.

Its a beautiful bike. I enjoy pedaling, but with an ebike, I could possibly go farther outside my comfort zone and easily "coast" the extra distance home. I'm just so used to making a closed loop type of ride, or out and back, that it really limits the options for exploring in what can typically be a short window to ride in for me (1-2 hrs) weeknights. I would love to get one. And I've set up a gofundmyride - LOL........seriously, though I can't justify the expense. But yeah, on an unlimited budget, I'd own one this evening.

Comment

What do you serious cyclist think about the E-Bikes?
                        Sales of electric bikes are soaring. Here’s why everyone loves them—and why you probably will, too.

Comment

I don’t even own a bike. I keep coming back to this thread because of JVShocker.

Im a big fan of Puck. Is she good at her sport?
                          Copied this from something I read:

just turned 24 and was struggling with an injury (she broke her knee) for a lot of the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

Women's cycling doesn't have the glitz and glamour and stars of men's professional road racing. But last year American Chloe Dygert made big waves in women's cycling (and early this year)

Watch to see and believe: and each is worth the 3 minutes of your life.

American Chloe Dygert Owen collapses in exhaustion after becoming youngest world time trial champion by a record margin #NBCSports #ChloeDygertOwen #Cycling»...

Chloe Dygert extended her perfect world track cycling championships record with another world record, winning the individual pursuit at the 2020 World Track ...

Phenomenal talent on the track, and a great road racer as well. Youngest world time trial champion in the world. Dominated (decimated) the field in the Colorado Classic in 2019, winning damn near everything in the race. Chloe is a phenom. Puck is just, well, Puck. Thankfully GCN had been covering some of the women's road races. We watch all the Grand Tours (men's races) and some of the one day classics. Current favorite male riders: Peter Sagan, Tom Dumoulin, Julian Alaphilippe, Roglič Primož, Sam Bennett. Historical favorites include Americans Gregg Lemond and Lance Armstrong, and Marco Pantani and Alberto Contador.

Comment

• This is for wufan. Get out and go bike riding for 30 minutes.

Comment

• 17 miles yesterday, 29 today, all on the folder.

Riode Terry Hershey park in Houston, the Buffalo Bayoi trail.

Today's average was 17.2. Yesterday was 13.9.

They were releasing water from Barker dam.

First day I noticed the release (and the smell).

Today, I saw why they were releasing water.

The pool level is high enough that part of the trail was underwater. The smell of rotting duckweed was everywhere.

Probably trying to drop the lake level so they are ready for hurricane season.

I grilled today, I have an old Napoleon gas grill, hadn't used it in two years, it did a great job!

I hope everyone enjoys their fourth!

Attached Files

Comment

• 11 today, 102 for the week. Took it easy today. Will post another Houston Pic......

Comment

Working...
                                X