No announcement yet.

Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 miles for me this morning. Took some pics of the construction of the new section of the Redbud path.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• 25 in today, 50 planned tomorrow.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        25 in today, 50 planned tomorrow.
        Where do you find the time?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
          23 miles for me this morning. Took some pics of the construction of the new section of the Redbud path.
          Thanks so much for the good news!

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Where do you find the time?

Early morning, then afternoon. My wife works at a hospital, it's a 9 mile ride. She rides at 530 am. I go with her then come home. I'll put a few extra miles on the way home to get to 20, 25 or 30. Then I'll ride late afternoon or evening. Sometimes I do both trips to the hospital.

The ride to my wife's work (believe it or not) is mostly uphill and slower. The ride back is a sprint.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• 22 for me yesterday, pace was a little slower (14.5). Heat index over 100 when I started.

Got my folder loaded in the car and I'm ready to leave for H-town at the end of the working day.

And now for a question: Anyone have a recommendation for a good light? I think I need to get one. I have a small one that will work for a little while, but I would like to upgrade. I would like one that has the battery integrated into the light and uses a charging cord.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Early morning, then afternoon. My wife works at a hospital, it's a 9 mile ride. She rides at 530 am. I go with her then come home. I'll put a few extra miles on the way home to get to 20, 25 or 30. Then I'll ride late afternoon or evening. Sometimes I do both trips to the hospital.

The ride to my wife's work (believe it or not) is mostly uphill and slower. The ride back is a sprint.
                Um, yeah, I don't do 5:30 AM, even downhill. Most mornings I don't get up till 7:45 or 8:30 depending on how busy I am at work. So see, you're saying about 3 hours earlier than I normally get up, and that's just not going to work. How can I pedal and make necessary turns if I'm still asleep?

But yeah, I do get it. You have the "lifestyle" where you can bike everywhere and its a great way to maintain fitness, get lots of little (extra) miles in. I had about 2 years of that lifestyle when my kids were young, and I would bike them to school, then bike to work, then bike back to pick them up, and then go on an evening ride.

Comment

• Another 20 for me this morning. You guys and your big weekly mileage totals are inspiring me! 83 so far this week and will crack 100 for the week tomorrow assuming it’s not raining.

BTW, still awaiting a report from WstateU on that new bike and how that’s working out. Have you got that first ride in yet?

Comment

Another 20 for me this morning. You guys and your big weekly mileage totals are inspiring me! 83 so far this week and will crack 100 for the week tomorrow assuming it’s not raining.

BTW, still awaiting a report from WstateU on that new bike and how that’s working out. Have you got that first ride in yet?
                    That's what we're here for.

Comment

• Comment

Another 20 for me this morning. You guys and your big weekly mileage totals are inspiring me! 83 so far this week and will crack 100 for the week tomorrow assuming it’s not raining.

I did purchase the bike as mentioned and have only ridden it once... a few miles. Unfortunately, the next morning my culo and back were pretty sore (I've had back trouble for 40+ years). Not sure it's the hobby best suited for me, but I do enjoy this thread and admire the commitments from all of you. I rode dirt bikes back in the day and I prefer motorized biking. I still do some walking and play a little golf (when my back allows) and that's about it for exercise, other than 12 oz. curls.

P.S. Don't give up on me yet... I still might surprise you.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

That's what we're here for.

WTH!! Last time I checked this thread it was full of Puck shots, now this? I need a good Puck fix on her apparatus.

Comment

• Wife, two kids and I will be doing the taco ride tonight. I guarantee we will social distance. My two youngest boys aren't thrilled to go, but dinner is tacos in Mineola, Ia. They can bike with us or go hungry.

It was my wife's idea.

Comment

• Did the taco ride. One beer, no margaritas, wife and kids in tow. Fun, but much more reserved than when I go with a group of guys. I had to pretend to not notice the handful of braless females. Yes, "handful" can be used in more than one way.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Puck Moonen was a cyclist for Lotto Soudal. She now rides for Chevalmeire Cycling.

Marion Rousse was one of her teammates at Lotto. Do Gentlemen prefer bondes?

Comment

Working...
                                X