No announcement yet.

Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 miles yesterday, 23 this morning, probably 10-15 tonight. Day off tomorrow, Thursday will be my first taco ride of the year! I'm going with a group of guys that want to party, so this could get wild. I need to explain to them that the guy handing out gummies at "Margaritaville" isnt giving away candy.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I pulled this photo off the internet. This is "Margaritaville" on the taco ride. It's near the halfway point between Council Bluffs and Mineola. This is a party atmosphere with loud music, drinking and maybe a little lettuce smoking. I don't drink while I ride and I never smoke, so I just stop here and idiot watch, I mean people watch for a few minutes before heading to the Steakhouse for tacos. There are 2,000 bikers or more each Thursday.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        I pulled this photo off the internet. This is "Margaritaville" on the taco ride. It's near the halfway point between Council Bluffs and Mineola. This is a party atmosphere with loud music, drinking and maybe a little lettuce smoking. I don't drink while I ride and I never smoke, so I just stop here and idiot watch, I mean people watch for a few minutes before heading to the Steakhouse for tacos. There are 2,000 bikers or more each Thursday.
        2000? Every Thursday? Social distancing out the window on this one?

Comment

• Enjoy yourself, it looks like fun and it would be free for me (to boot!) but I'm practicing social distancing so I'd pass, but take some pictures and share them with us!

Comment

• More Puck Moonen... definitely on the first team all-name team.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Do we have a convert in ya Wstate? My wife keeps me up with Puck's Instagram.

Comment

• This thread CANNOT, WILL NOT be pushed into the bottom rungs of this forum. So this is an official <bump>.

Today its just pics for the trail riders.

Comment

• So much tension on this board concerning disease, riots, and political skullduggery... this bike nerd thread is a welcome reprieve.

T

Comment

• A little over 50 miles today... Sedgwick County Park to the south tip of Derby. Interestingly there is a brand new path under construction on Rock Rd just south of Chet Smith rd that will connect Derby and Mulvane. May be able to extend this ride to 60 miles in the next couple of months.

Bad news on my new gravel bike on order. I was supposed to get it at the end of June, now Specialized apparently can’t tell any LBS when any bikes will be delivered. Unbelievable demand for bikes. Note to self... if we have another pandemic, buy cycling manufacturers stock!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                      A little over 50 miles today... Sedgwick County Park to the south tip of Derby. Interestingly there is a brand new path under construction on Rock Rd just south of Chet Smith rd that will connect Derby and Mulvane. May be able to extend this ride to 60 miles in the next couple of months.

Bad news on my new gravel bike on order. I was supposed to get it at the end of June, now Specialized apparently can’t tell any LBS when any bikes will be delivered. Unbelievable demand for bikes. Note to self... if we have another pandemic, buy cycling manufacturers stock!
                      You will like your gravel bike, sorry to hear about the delay. It might not be as bad as it looks, though, I needed new brake assemblies for my folder (quick-release brake on the front broke a rivet). I thought it would be a month before I got them, just took two weeks, so perhaps you will have the same luck.

Comment

• I hope you’re right. I’m anxious to get out and ride the rail trails. Nothing new to see on the Wichita bike paths I’m afraid...

Comment

• back-to-back 21.5 mile days. Feel pretty good this morning, maybe I can make it 3. Average pace just over 15, so (at least for me) the workouts were pretty intense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                            This thread CANNOT, WILL NOT be pushed into the bottom rungs of this forum. So this is an official <bump>.

Today its just pics for the trail riders.

Let me grab my loofa sponge and get her in the shower!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                              I hope you’re right. I’m anxious to get out and ride the rail trails. Nothing new to see on the Wichita bike paths I’m afraid...
                              Unless you intend to do easy to moderate trails, if the bike comes with knobbies, I'd ditch them and get somthing with a smooth tread, which would work well on gravel trails and country roads.

If you're going to do anything more challenging than a moderate trail, I'd suggest a mountain bike :)

That's the way my bike is set up, other people here have similar setups and are very happy with them. It maximizes the utility of the bike without making a great speed sacrifice.

Comment

• The tires are Pathfinder Sport 700x38. They have a smooth center strip for street riding and smallish knobs on the sides. I’m planning to ride the dirt/gravel roads in my area plus take it on rail trails which are supposedly crushed limestone. There are some mountain bike trails about 5 miles from my house, but I have no plan to ride those. Falling off a bike is not my idea of fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X