Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    I suggest this thread be re-titled to Retired Guys Riding Bikes. It certainly ain't so much us working slugs, based on time/date stuff.
    I may resemble that remark, but I'm still working. It's more like always on. I work 60 or so a week these days. I ride my bike for about 6 hours a week. That's 5-1/2 days of 12 hours a day. Last week was 65 hours, so that would be a full 6 days. Trust me when I say I don't have much extra time, but I don't mind.

The length of my day depends on a number of factors. We just got done with a quarterly submission at work, so it is a little lighter tonight. I acually only worked 9 hours today and I'm not riding the bike (need to rest my legs, I've logged 55 miles in the last 3 days). That's why I have time to post at a more normal hour today.

Comment

• NM
      Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; June 17, 2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• 20191017_103318.jpg Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
        Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; June 17, 2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• NM
          Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; June 17, 2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Tanat, a popular wine in Uruguay. The Tanat is a fussy grape (or at least ot was to the french). Sort of like Malbec, which is another grape that grows well in that area.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; June 17, 2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• NM
              Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; June 17, 2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• View from the steakhouse. This is on the Rio De La Plata (Silver River) in .Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay You like a gin and tonic. I like wine. Tanat is a nice red, Malbec is better. Probably have that with a nice fillet this weekend. Sucks to be stuck at home instead of being on vacation this year.

Everybody have a nice evening!
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; June 17, 2020, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Forgot to post. 34 miles. Beautiful weather, low 80s and light wind. First time I had ridden the bike aths along K96 between Oliver-Woodlawn. Lots to explore in that area.

Comment

• I did 25 on Saturday and anotehr 22 on Sunday. 93 for the week. Legs are really tired. Very humid here right now.

And the African dust is coming in. Please post if it affects you guys up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Bought one of these at a garage sale last weekend for $20; it's a Panasonic Sport DX, 12 speed with a skinny azz seat and very thin 'Bontrager' tires. If you see an 'old man' cruising on the east side of town and passing your 'platoon', I advise you to watch out!

P.S. Probably going to need a case of Monkey Butt powder...

if you want to try clipless pedals, I have several sets of Shimano kicker pedals. You will need to buy MTB shoes and make sure you have cleats with them (I got these really cheap - they are about $70 per pair and I paid $12.99, I used the cleats in most of them for my shoes, at the price I paid for them, I bought for the clipset and got the pedals for free). I kept 3-4 sets so I would have something to use if I built another bike. I kinda' doubt at my age that I will use all of them.

Just let me know here if you want them so I can get them in the mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                        I did 25 on Saturday and anotehr 22 on Sunday. 93 for the week. Legs are really tired. Very humid here right now.

And the African dust is coming in. Please post if it affects you guys up there.
                        I love hot humid bike rides. When I feel the effects of the ride I know I'm doing something. We biked this winter for the first time ever. I used to get cold when the temperature dropped below 60 degrees F. This past winter we took a few rides when the temp was at freezing.

African dust? Which continent are you riding in? LOL As for total miles, I almost broke 125 this week. A long way off from the "good ol days" of 200 miles a week, but still lots of fun bicycling.

Comment

• Catastrophic Sunday ride. Wabash Trace, crushed limestone trail. 15 miles in and sidewalk blew out. I run tubeless, but keep a tube on hand w/ 4 co2 cartridges. Tube got me to within 3 blocks of the parking lot. Came home, cleaned up my groupset and put on the pair of 700x50's that came with the bike. Ordered a pair of 700x32's on Amazon, will be here Tuesday. It only takes 20 minutes to switch out tires. I think the next time I go on gravel, I'll put the gravel tires back on.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Look how clean I got my cassette! All the mech's are that clean. Unfortunately, I have a 7 AM ride tomorrow and I'll be dragging these fat tires around.
                            This gallery has 2 photos.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I love hot humid bike rides. When I feel the effects of the ride I know I'm doing something. We biked this winter for the first time ever. I used to get cold when the temperature dropped below 60 degrees F. This past winter we took a few rides when the temp was at freezing.

African dust? Which continent are you riding in? LOL As for total miles, I almost broke 125 this week. A long way off from the "good ol days" of 200 miles a week, but still lots of fun bicycling.
                              Here you go.....we're being told that if you are part of a sensitive group (i.e. lung issues and or alergies) you might want to be a bit more cautious.
                              https://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/weath...-week/2391700/

The meteorologists around here are saying it will impact the weather up to the Great Lakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                Catastrophic Sunday ride. Wabash Trace, crushed limestone trail. 15 miles in and sidewalk blew out. I run tubeless, but keep a tube on hand w/ 4 co2 cartridges. Tube got me to within 3 blocks of the parking lot. Came home, cleaned up my groupset and put on the pair of 700x50's that came with the bike. Ordered a pair of 700x32's on Amazon, will be here Tuesday. It only takes 20 minutes to switch out tires. I think the next time I go on gravel, I'll put the gravel tires back on.
                                20 minutes???
                                As dad says....4 minutes....TIME ME!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X