No announcement yet.

Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

As mentioned in my original post, the Wal-Mart bikes are not for the butt cream/spandex guys, they're just for regular old Joes and Janes who wanna peddle around the city a little. I used to have a "Hyper" bike from a big box store. Independent reviews compared it favorably to hobbyist bikes costing many hundreds more. Damn Chinese!!! I rode it quite a bit for years until I bought a bigger/"better" one. It had Shimano gears, aluminum frame, etc. Never had a complaint and you can usually buy a 3-year warranty for fairly cheap that covers everything except a flat tire.

I'm killin' the small business owner here aren't I? Okay, I'll stop.

T

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        Butt cream, dont leave home without it.
        I prefer powder...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

22 miles today, relaxed pace, did some sightseeing along the way. Rode through the Old Market, the Vinton neighborhood and Little Italy. Beautiful relaxed ride, but I think I'll go out this evening and push it.
          Screenshot_20200612-154438_MapMyRide.jpg
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Took my wife on the Wabash Trace today, 30 miles. This trail goes all thre way ti the Missouri border. It's a rails to trails crushed limestone trail. Trees canopy al.ost the entire ride. My wife is slowwwww.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I just read what MoValley John does, and when the wife doesn't go and its hot and sunny, try to match him in some way. Little over 26 miles today. Hot and sunny. Needed an extra bottle but forgot to take one. Red lines indicate route, and for reference, the green areas indicate areas where I feel comfortbale riding as hard/fast as I would like without fear of being hit by a car. Did make the parking garage challenge on WSU campus today. Slowly gettiing better, Started (weeks ago) at 1:01 and have now cut it to :51 from a standing start. Hope to get under :50 in the next couple weeks. Goal is :45 by high summer.

Comment

Forgot to add: Came home, ate lunch, incuding a large bowl of homemade ice cream. Then off to the bike store. Going to pick out some new handlebar tape because mine is trashed right now.

Comment

Jesus... Bug'aha named a part of their city Little Italy........

Nebraskan's.

T

Comment

Bike store is nirvana.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      Jesus... Bug'aha named a part of their city Little Italy........

Nebraskan's.

T

Just for giggles, I'll play, just once. Im sure Wichita. Des Moines and Tulsa have areas named after immigration influxes of different ethnic groups, Omaha is no different. Two key ethnic demograhics in Omaha are the Italians and the Bohemians. While it is a slur, in Omaha, South Omaha particularly, it's not uncommon to hear the racial slur "Bohunk" and people not getting up in arms. As for Little Italy, it is a quaint area south of downtown with tiny restaurants and bakeries. I looked for you, there's even a wiki page on Little Italy. It's a cool place to ride your bike through.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Just for giggles, I'll play, just once. Im sure Wichita. Des Moines and Tulsa have areas named after immigration influxes of different ethnic groups, Omaha is no different. Two key ethnic demograhics in Omaha are the Italians and the Bohemians. While it is a slur, in Omaha, South Omaha particularly, it's not uncommon to hear the racial slur "Bohunk" and people not getting up in arms. As for Little Italy, it is a quaint area south of downtown with tiny restaurants and bakeries. I looked for you, there's even a wiki page on Little Italy. It's a cool place to ride your bike through.
                        Don't call it Little Italy. Ever. Not in Bugz. Not with cattle running loose downtown...

NYC and Philly have "Little Italies".

The End.

https://www.omaha.com/news/local/cow...978a87b15.html

Cow on the mooove: Heifer escapes, ends up on lawn of north Omaha home

"Little Italy of the Plains"

T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; June 13, 2020, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Wichita on the other hand has a rich international culture firmly established in our city limits. It goes by the name of Spangles.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            Wichita on the other hand has a rich international culture firmly established in our city limits. It goes by the name of Spangles.

T

The last time I was in Wichita, about a decade ago, I went out of my way to find, and eat at Spangles. It's pretty friggin' good. On the other hand, if I lived in Wichita, I'd be pissed I couldn't get a White Castle. I effing love White Castle and the closest place to get them now, I think is St.Louis. I'd give my left nut for a White Castle within 20 miles!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

The last time I was in Wichita, about a decade ago, I went out of my way to find, and eat at Spangles. It's pretty friggin' good. On the other hand, if I lived in Wichita, I'd be pissed I couldn't get a White Castle. I effing love White Castle and the closest place to get them now, I think is St.Louis. I'd give my left nut for a White Castle within 20 miles!
                              You can have my entire share of the Spangles tripe. I will eat the turkey on pita though.

I don't eat red meat... *GASPS FROM THE CROWD*

T

Comment

• When I was in Omaha last year, I took the family to an Italian market/pizza joint. The photos showing the history on the walls was interesting. The pizza wasn't bad either.

Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                                X