No announcement yet.

Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrapped up the evening with my wife and I on a 17+ mile ride. My wife is slow, but, well it's okay, because "milk and a cow." Funny thing, we did the S Omaha trail. Its hilly and she kept a pace similar to the idiot I rode with this morning. I logged a total of 40 miles today.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Pretty sure this is a vintage Schwinn Fastback...

I like vintage bikes and I cannot lie...

Don't ban me bro!
      That is one nice set of fenders (aka mudflaps) there....

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        I wrapped up the evening with my wife and I on a 17+ mile ride. My wife is slow, but, well it's okay, because "milk and a cow." Funny thing, we did the S Omaha trail. Its hilly and she kept a pace similar to the idiot I rode with this morning. I logged a total of 40 miles today.
        Good for you. I've been riding, 36 in the last two days, but about all I'm getting done is working and riding my bike. Not much time to post, but a little more to lurk.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I took the folder and rode up to Madera Canyon in Green Valley, Arizona Christmas day.

It was a 1000' elevation climb over 10 miles, 20 miles round trip.

My knees bothered me for a couple of days after that.

i really like this bike because I can load it in the back of my car and take it anywhere.

Comment

My parents gave me a red Western Flyer 55 years ago. My son restored it. Today he has an appointment with a surgeon to determine if he needs surgery to repair the collarbone he broke falling off.

Comment

Im limiting my ride time today. Only to the gym and back. Five miles round trip. Easy pace.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

No ride yesterday. Visiting family in town who are relocating. Helpng them look at a house tonight, coming home, and HOPEfully getting a late ride in tonight before dark.

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                    My parents gave me a red Western Flyer 55 years ago. My son restored it. Today he has an appointment with a surgeon to determine if he needs surgery to repair the collarbone he broke falling off.
                    Still trying to figure out why you'd ride a restored bike, it looks like a collector's item.

Comment

Also, I'm not smart enough to even pretend to understand how hub gears work. That's some crazy magic.

Comment

Comment

You guys living close to bike paths are lucky. I live in Rural Butler Co and only get to ride once a week because I have to load up the bike and transport to the Wichita bike paths to ride. Last week started In Sedgwick County Park, took the River trail to the south end, connected up with the Derby bike paths, then headed back on the Canal Route path. 45 miles in total. This week just did Chisholm Creek Park to Andover and back for 27 miles. I’ve got a weird eye thing going that after 30 miles I get double vision. Not a good thing to have when riding a bike! New glasses with prism adjustment on the way. In the meantime, have to keep the rides short.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                            I’ve got a weird eye thing going that after 30 miles I get double vision. Not a good thing to have when riding a bike!
                            I don't mean to overstep here, but my father-in-law had a similar issue. After some sustained exertion his vision would get a little wonky on him. I think it was more like he would see sparkles than double-vision, but can't remember. That didn't trip any triggers with the eye doctor, but he eventually ended up needing heart surgery with a blocked widow-maker and after that all the vision issues went away. Just a thought that if you haven't had the ticker checked out recently, this could be an early warning sign to do so.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Kung Wu, I appreciate the suggestion. I had a similar problem to your father in law ( seeing stars) when riding with my son in Houston last year in August. That turned out to be dehydration due to the extreme humidity down there. Luckily son recognized the problem and found me some Gatorade which solved the problem. Lesson learned, on hot days here I now fill those water bottles up with Gatorade!

As for the seeing double at exertion, I had an eye exam and the Dr had removed the prism from my last prescription. Dr said it is very common that “as we age” ( I hate that term!) the muscles that allow our eyes to work together can get tired and can’t hold the single image in that situation. Apparently a fairly common problem. New glasses coming in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

erythritol seems to be the real deal.. sweet and doesn't mess with the glucose in the blood.. only downside is that it can make you toot like a french horn.
                                Erythritol side effects typically include digestive problems and diarrhea. It may also cause bloating, cramps, and gas. Additionally, erythritol and other sugar alcohols frequently result in more water in the intestines, causing diarrhea. Nausea and headaches may occur as well. The latter symptom is often a result of excessive diarrhea because the body is dehydrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X