Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
    Never tried this before so hopefully it will look OK. Map of today's ride. Circled and toured WSU Campus quite a bit so that's always fun.

On the bike path on the east side of Wichita there's a climb about 1/2 mile long. Best part of the ride. Straight int that headwind today, I left the wife way back and passed another rider on the way up at 17-18 mph. Thankfully I got to slow down a bit near the top and wait for her so I could catch my breath. Seriously, riding north first when the wind is blowing out of the south at 10-20 sucks.

Nice ride! Headwinds suck. And you are always supposed to plan your ride coming back WITH the wind.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Some of Wichita bike paths...

I'd ride those all day long. In about a half hour, I'm heading out to ride and Meet my wife at work to ride with her home. Since all of the rioting in Omaha last night, there is an 8 PM curfew. She better not screw around getting out, I dint want to get back late and have to deal with cops.

The ride with my wife is slooooooooowwwwww.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

The above photo is from the zoo, where they have almost 9 miles of ridable paved paths, and a lot of it is canopied with trees.

Here's another if you've not been out there.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

If you don't know of him or checked out his YT videos, Terry is amazing. He has dozens of video tours you can watch and they're just mesmerizing and jaw dropping. I guess those are the differences between living in the Midwest vs. living in NYC.. The first one is 14 minutes long and is an older video. There are other videos he was making at the start-middle of the Covid 19 pandemic and the commentary is priceless. Eerie watching NYC go from being full of life to zombie-like warzone. Some crazy bat-sh*t goin on in NYC. Just look for his videos from March-April - they're almost hypnotic and its hard to stop watching.

RoughCut: Hotline, one shot no cuts following Cooper Ray (@coffeeandbikes) through lower Manhattan, NY.Give him a follow: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cooper...

Found one just prior to NYC lockdown with interesting commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyV894c8oqI
            Last edited by JVShocker; May 31, 2020, 05:35 PM.

Comment

One more that is super cool with lots of covid dialogue pre-NYC explosion. Its a must watch. The comments from around the world are priceless as well.

Just a few days before the Coronavirus Lockdown riding through TIMES SQUARE, NEW YORK. Not sure why people are still out crowding restaurants and bars. I hop...

Comment

I got dizzy.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Awesome! I was on seven diabetes meds, my next stop, insulin. I said nope. The only meds I take now are anti inflammatories for my shoulders, crap for neuropathy in my left foot and an allergy pill. No diabetes meds, no blood pressure meds, no cholesterol meds. I use erythritol for sweetener. It's a bit more expensive, but worth it.
                  erythritol seems to be the real deal.. sweet and doesn't mess with the glucose in the blood.. only downside is that it can make you toot like a french horn.

Comment

19.1 mi this evening. Felt like total crap when I started but continually felt better as I kept going. Some strong S-SW wind gusts at times. Sun kind of disappeared behind some heavy clouds into it so it felt a bit cooler. Usually prefer hot sunny rides but think I got a bit dehydrated yesterday as it was so sunny and I completely forgot my lip stuff.

I dont carry a phone so no pics of the ride, so this will have to do.

Comment

19.1 mi this evening. Felt like total crap when I started but continually felt better as I kept going. Some strong S-SW wind gusts at times. Sun kind of disappeared behind some heavy clouds into it so it felt a bit cooler. Usually prefer hot sunny rides but think I got a bit dehydrated yesterday as it was so sunny and I completely forgot my lip stuff.

I dont carry a phone so no pics of the ride, so this will have to do.

You keep reeling us in...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

You keep reeling us in...
                        Seat way too low, rim brakes, probably has a kickstand. Lame.

Comment

Dude, aren't you in the middle of a bike race? Better?

Comment

Pretty sure this is a vintage Schwinn Fastback...

I like vintage bikes and I cannot lie...

Don't ban me bro!
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Had to work late because we're getting busy. So I only got in 16.4 miiles tonight in very relaxed fashion. Also trying to locate hoousing for family that is moving back to the Wichita area so I see a lot of good neighborhoods. Seeing a lot more car traffic on streets and youth sports activities going on all around my route tonight and last night (mostly soccer and football). Looked all over for a beach front to ride along and enjoy the cool sea air (here in the midwest), but this is all I got to show for it. As my wife says...."in your dreams."

Comment

Rode 22 miles this am. Rode with a guy that has been bugging me to ride with him forever. Note to self, only ride with your wife, or riders known to be competent. I can do 100 miles at a 14-15 mph pace. I did 22 this morning. We averaged 13 mph. This guy wanted to impress me and took off like a shot. I had to drag him the last 15 miles. It was like stop every mile so he could catch his breath.

I'll ride slow with my wife, it's just part of the deal, but.....

Does this attitude make me a bike asshole?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X