No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you didn't think so before, now you know. Everything. I mean, everything is political now. And everything that is done in the media at a national level is done with a political purpose in mind. Every movie is produced with political purpose in mind. Every TV show. Commercials, etc. Everything.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      If you didn't think so before, now you know. Everything. I mean, everything is political now. And everything that is done in the media at a national level is done with a political purpose in mind. Every movie is produced with political purpose in mind. Every TV show. Commercials, etc. Everything.
      Not to mention people leaking the President's c-a-l-l-s to the premiere's of Australia and Mexico (vindman) early in his 1st term.

Here's another one: fact checkers at twitter now say cnn and the wash post are more trust worthy than the President when it comes to mail-in votes. Yes, after the last 2 years even. Has anyone ever noticed the s*** that's allowed on twitter? They done lost their minds...

Anyway, back to the wuhan flu. I can say that here, but not on Youtube.
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 27, 2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

If you didn't think so before, now you know. Everything. I mean, everything is political now. And everything that is done in the media at a national level is done with a political purpose in mind. Every movie is produced with political purpose in mind. Every TV show. Commercials, etc. Everything.
        every......damn.....thing

Comment

• nm

Sorry, went on a little rant and decided it was best to delete.
          Last edited by WstateU; May 27, 2020, 12:18 PM.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Bingo. And thats why everything sucks.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

My personal doctor who I’ve known for a very long time and who I fully respect, said last week that masks are not effective at all. He is a Scientist too. The media as a whole acts like you do and that it is settled fact and there should be 100 percent agreement and 100 percent OBEYANCE and acquiesce. No arguments please, and many of the public citizenry buy what the media spouts forth, lock, stock, and barrel. Obviously, you do too.
              No offense, but the CDC recommends a mask.
              https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...0transmission.

I believe the CDC before fox news, a friend of a friend or someone who slept at a Holiday Inn last night :)

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

How do you define effective?
                Cost vs. benefit. There may be more effective risk reduction techniques, but I would say they cost more. Things like being able to perform rapid testing daily, having your own private physician and so forth.

CDC continues to study the spread and effects of the novel coronavirus across the United States. We now know from recent studies that a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms (“asymptomatic”) and that even those who eventually develop symptoms (“pre-symptomatic”) can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms. In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.

It is critical to emphasize that maintaining 6-feet social distancing remains important to slowing the spread of the virus. CDC is additionally advising the use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others. Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure.

Recent Studies:

Recent Studies:
                • Rothe C, Schunk M, Sothmann P, et al. Transmission of 2019-nCoV Infection from an Asymptomatic Contact in Germany. The New England journal of medicine. 2020;382(10):970-971.
                • Zou L, Ruan F, Huang M, et al. SARS-CoV-2 Viral Load in Upper Respiratory Specimens of Infected Patients. The New England journal of medicine. 2020;382(12):1177-1179.
                • Pan X, Chen D, Xia Y, et al. Asymptomatic cases in a family cluster with SARS-CoV-2 infection. The Lancet Infectious diseases. 2020.
                • Bai Y, Yao L, Wei T, et al. Presumed Asymptomatic Carrier Transmission of COVID-19. Jama. 2020.
                • Kimball A HK, Arons M, et al. Asymptomatic and Presymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 Infections in Residents of a Long-Term Care Skilled Nursing Facility — King County, Washington, March 2020. MMWR Morbidity and mortality weekly report. 2020; ePub: 27 March 2020.
                • Wei WE LZ, Chiew CJ, Yong SE, Toh MP, Lee VJ. Presymptomatic Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 — Singapore, January 23–March 16, 2020. MMWR Morbidity and mortality weekly report. 2020;ePub: 1 April 2020.
                • Li R, Pei S, Chen B, et al. Substantial undocumented infection facilitates the rapid dissemination of novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV2). Science (New York, NY). 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Not to mention people leaking the President's c-a-l-l-s to the premiere's of Australia and Mexico (vindman) early in his 1st term.

Here's another one: fact checkers at twitter now say cnn and the wash post are more trust worthy than the President when it comes to mail-in votes. Yes, after the last 2 years even. Has anyone ever noticed the s*** that's allowed on twitter? They done lost their minds...

Anyway, back to the wuhan flu. I can say that here, but not on Youtube.
                  I agree with you, but probably for the wrong reasons. Twitter has too many twidiots. Fakebook, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

No offense, but the CDC recommends a mask.
                    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...0transmission.

I believe the CDC before fox news, a friend of a friend or someone who slept at a Holiday Inn last night :)
                    The WHO says you shouldn’t...I don’t trust the WHO, but you set your standard really low there.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Cost vs. benefit. There may be more effective risk reduction techniques, but I would say they cost more. Things like being able to perform rapid testing daily, having your own private physician and so forth.

CDC continues to study the spread and effects of the novel coronavirus across the United States. We now know from recent studies that a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms (“asymptomatic”) and that even those who eventually develop symptoms (“pre-symptomatic”) can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms. In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.

It is critical to emphasize that maintaining 6-feet social distancing remains important to slowing the spread of the virus. CDC is additionally advising the use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others. Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure.

Recent Studies:

Recent Studies:
                      • Rothe C, Schunk M, Sothmann P, et al. Transmission of 2019-nCoV Infection from an Asymptomatic Contact in Germany. The New England journal of medicine. 2020;382(10):970-971.
                      • Zou L, Ruan F, Huang M, et al. SARS-CoV-2 Viral Load in Upper Respiratory Specimens of Infected Patients. The New England journal of medicine. 2020;382(12):1177-1179.
                      • Pan X, Chen D, Xia Y, et al. Asymptomatic cases in a family cluster with SARS-CoV-2 infection. The Lancet Infectious diseases. 2020.
                      • Bai Y, Yao L, Wei T, et al. Presumed Asymptomatic Carrier Transmission of COVID-19. Jama. 2020.
                      • Kimball A HK, Arons M, et al. Asymptomatic and Presymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 Infections in Residents of a Long-Term Care Skilled Nursing Facility — King County, Washington, March 2020. MMWR Morbidity and mortality weekly report. 2020; ePub: 27 March 2020.
                      • Wei WE LZ, Chiew CJ, Yong SE, Toh MP, Lee VJ. Presymptomatic Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 — Singapore, January 23–March 16, 2020. MMWR Morbidity and mortality weekly report. 2020;ePub: 1 April 2020.
                      • Li R, Pei S, Chen B, et al. Substantial undocumented infection facilitates the rapid dissemination of novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV2). Science (New York, NY). 2020.
                      I think it’s fine to wear a mask if you’ve calculated the risk/reward. What did you come up with for your ratio?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Can Face Shields Better Protect Against COVID Than Masks?

Comment

• COVID-19 Has Killed More Than 100,000 Americans

Comment

• Honestly, that’s great news! In March we thought it might be twice that or more by this time.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I think it’s fine to wear a mask if you’ve calculated the risk/reward. What did you come up with for your ratio?
                              I don't quantify by doing a formal calculation or quantification. More like practicing Maginot line-type defenses based on expert advisement.

Practice social distancing where possible (primary) by trying to shop non-peak hours wear a mask (backup).. I use a seafood provider who allows me to order online and I can pick it up - they load my car. Same for my wine. Same for my meat market. Bicycle shop has a sign on the door limiting the number of customers. Trader Joes as well.

I understand there are people who don't think masks work, but if you really read what the CDC is saying and think about it, what they are actually saying is that wearing a mask is actually a back-up strategy if you can't socially distance.

But let's face it, the most effective control would be a vaccine. Then we can get rid of the masks and not have to worry about social distancing.

Comment

I don't quantify by doing a formal calculation or quantification. More like practicing Maginot line-type defenses based on expert advisement.

Practice social distancing where possible (primary) by trying to shop non-peak hours wear a mask (backup).. I use a seafood provider who allows me to order online and I can pick it up - they load my car. Same for my wine. Same for my meat market. Bicycle shop has a sign on the door limiting the number of customers. Trader Joes as well.

I understand there are people who don't think masks work, but if you really read what the CDC is saying and think about it, what they are actually saying is that wearing a mask is actually a back-up strategy if you can't socially distance.

But let's face it, the most effective control would be a vaccine. Then we can get rid of the masks and not have to worry about social distancing.
                                I really have no issues if you or anyone else wears a mask for whatever reason. My wife wears a mask and only goes into stores that have capacity restrictions. The corner liquor store will load her beer in the trunk, and the farmer helps load our quarter beef. Tractor Supply and Aldi’s (where we get our fish sticks) have capacity restrictions.

I just wonder why no one wears a crash helmet while driving?
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X