Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

What is the reason for the bitterant? Odor or to taste bad? Hopefully, no one will be drinking it because it was made by a distillery.
    I've actually used some from a distillery (actually brewery); it does smell funny (ha!) and I'm assuming it's the "bitterant"? It's a liquid and not a gel and works great in a spray bottle. I like it much better than the gel type and it doesn't seem to dry out your hands. My old hands are starting to show some serious wear and tear.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Bill De Blasio Claims US Only Learned Asymptomatic People Can Transmit Virus In Last 48 Hours

Comment

• Here’s the guidance. It’s pretty typical of FDA policy. It states that these are not legally binding requirements. That’s true, but guess what? If you don’t follow their policies, then they won’t approve it. If they don’t approve it, then it IS illegal to sell in the US.

The reason to denature it is so people won’t drink it. Interestingly, if you don’t denature it, it’s relatively harmless in small quantities.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• So is there any concern over the constant use of hand sanitizers? What about the potential for bacteria becoming resistant at some point? Our entire country is basically starting to be cleaned like one giant hospital.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            So is there any concern over the constant use of hand sanitizers? What about the potential for bacteria becoming resistant at some point? Our entire country is basically starting to be cleaned like one giant hospital.
            Probably not with external cleaning methods. Soap and hand sanitizer literally tear apart the lipid layer of viral molecules. That’s unlikely to change. Same with bacteria.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Bill De Blasio Claims US Only Learned Asymptomatic People Can Transmit Virus In Last 48 Hours

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/...last-48-hours/

Its gotta be a “B” thing. You would think watching Brian Kemp make an idiot of himself, Bill would know a little better
              Which side are the smart ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

Its gotta be a “B” thing. You would think watching Brian Kemp make an idiot of himself, Bill would know a little better
                Which side are the smart ones?
                Well if you are talking about the political class that is a very good question. Not sure smarts are considered that valuable of a commodity among the political class. Other things seem to get you further, faster in that profession.

Comment

• My Sister-in-law, a nurse at Wesley, has tested positive for COVID-19. My brother is a presumptive positive. They started their 14 day quarantine yesterday. So far they are asymptomatic. They will show up as 2 new cases in Kansas' count tomorrow. If you would keep them I your prayers, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                    My Sister-in-law, a nurse at Wesley, has tested positive for COVID-19. My brother is a presumptive positive. They started their 14 day quarantine yesterday. So far they are asymptomatic. They will show up as 2 new cases in Kansas' count tomorrow. If you would keep them I your prayers, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
                    Prayers.

Just curious. How was she given a test if she was asymptotic?

Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

My Sister-in-law, a nurse at Wesley, has tested positive for COVID-19. My brother is a presumptive positive. They started their 14 day quarantine yesterday. So far they are asymptomatic. They will show up as 2 new cases in Kansas' count tomorrow. If you would keep them I your prayers, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
                      Hoping for a speedy recovery! Keep us posted!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Prayers.

I don’t know this, but I’m guessing medical professionals that were at high risk of exposure are tested first, so as to not pass on the disease to ill patients they are treating.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Prayers.

She had an exposure at work. I do not have the specific details, but when I get them I will pass them on. He did say her test was confirmed positive through the Butler County Health Department. We all live in BUCO.
                          Go Shocks!

Comment

She had an exposure at work. I do not have the specific details, but when I get them I will pass them on. He did say her test was confirmed positive through the Butler County Health Department. We all live in BUCO.
                            Any chance you can update this regularly? Some of us would be curious as to how long it takes for symptoms to appear, if she develops them, which symptoms she has?

Have to be honest, we're really taking all the precautions in our household. Actually still at work (not stay at home) because we service and are a supplier for a number of essential businesses. Very reduced staff. One of the businesses is hoping to be reinstated this week and begin operating again. Not sure what their capacities will be.

Weird thing is, everyone in my immediate family had the most unusual virus back in late January-February. I've been trying to research it, but the symptoms of Covid19 ALL match what we experienced.

For the longest time I assumed it was allergies. I haven't had a cold for probably 5-10 years prior to this. When I have allergy flare ups, usually a package of saltine crackers over the course of a day or two fixes any drainage issues from sinuses. Went through MORE THAN 1 BOX. Sucked on lifesavers hourly to try to keep from coughing. Respiratory issues and super high fever. Missed a couple of days of work for the first time in about 25 years because of it. Could NOT sleep on my left side under any circumstances. Breathing was very raspy and just didn't feel comfortable. No food was appealing at the time (tasting). In fact, we would make dinner and then just kind of make a small plate and stare at the rest of the food like it was klingon gagh. By early March we were cleaning out the fridge and just tossing out all the leftovers we never got around to eating. Fatigue was an issue. We actually went to the movie theater on a Saturday back at the time, and I was just in a daze. Just felt exhausted. Just wanted to sleep/rest. Wife would actually wake up every 1-2 hours like clockwork with cough. Nothing helped. This went on for about 3 weeks. Whatever it was it spread quickly among the group of us. I didn't think too much about it at first, but the first person who got whatever this was got it in mid-late January. He thought he was going to die. He is since fine (early 20s). We are all fine. We hope that what we experienced is the same thing going around and we don't get it again. We still take all the precautions.

Again, any updates would be appreciated.

Comment

• I will make updates regularly. I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. Thank you.
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

• While not a cure or vaccine, this is an important step. Well done, Mayo Clinic.

The test shows whether someone had and recovered from COVID-19, and can help public health officials understand the scope of the outbreak and identify people who can safely be in public to help with relief efforts.
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X