No announcement yet.

Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bierock's are something I've never understood the obsession with. I understand that I'm pretty much in the minority there, but they do absolutely nothing for me.

I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say anything bad about Bella Luna.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

No doubt. Bella Luna is in a class by itself for me. Then N & J, CHD and Meddy's (not my favorite although almost everyone I know loves Meddy's).

There's one more out west...the name is escaping me at the moment though.

Also tried Prost and had a bite of their bierock. Go to M & M a few blocks further west. Not even close. Like Grand Canyon not close.
      Bella Luna and N&J are very good. Meddy's not a favorite of mine. If you like Mediterranean, Cafe Maurice in the Cambridge Center at 21st and Webb is also a favorite of mine. My favorite is the kafta platter with humus and sautéed vegies as my side choices. Their sautéed veggies are about as good any restaurant veggies I have had in Wichita. Nice little family cafe.

The Mediterranean Grill on Town East Mall Drive west of Towne East used to be pretty decent. I have not been there in a while though.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 29, 2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        Does the Popeyes near 13th and Hillside still sell crack out of the drive thru?
        Popeyes does have the best Fried Chicken Sandwich, but I had no idea, I was buying crack too. I have no idea about Crack prices, but it seemed I paid a very reasonable price for an illegal drug. I thought that it was just the sandwich that was good.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Does the Popeyes near 13th and Hillside still sell crack out of the drive thru?
          Returning from Wesley recently, and that Popeyes was FILLED with Wichita's finest. I mean at least 6 SUVs, at least 3 had their lights on.

And the drive thru was still busy.

When you gotta have your chicken.........

Comment

• The Vietnamese food here in KC is nowhere near the quality (or quantity) of Wichita. I miss Saigon and Little Saigon.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

No doubt. Bella Luna is in a class by itself for me. Then N & J, CHD and Meddy's (not my favorite although almost everyone I know loves Meddy's).

Also tried Prost and had a bite of their bierock. Go to M & M a few blocks further west. Not even close. Like Grand Canyon not close.
              Prost’s schnitzel dishes are to die for. I don’t do restaurant bierocks as my wife still has enough German Mennonite genetics. Her bierocks are unsurpassed. Everyone else is playing for second place.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Bella Luna and N&J are very good. Meddy's not a favorite of mine. If you like Mediterranean, Cafe Maurice in the Cambridge Center at 21st and Webb is also a favorite of mine. My favorite is the kafta platter with humus and sautéed vegies as my side choices. There sautéed veggies are about as good any restaurant veggies I have had in Wichita. Nice little family cafe.

The Mediterranean Grill on Town East Mall Drive west of Towne East used to be pretty decent. I have not been there in a while though.
                I forgot about Cafe Maurice! And I agree with both of you re Meddys.

Comment

• Trust me, I am an expert on Lebanese food and the closest thing to my Grandma’s is Cafe Maurice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post

Prost’s schnitzel dishes are to die for. I don’t do restaurant bierocks as my wife still has enough German Mennonite genetics. Her bierocks are unsurpassed. Everyone else is playing for second place.
                    I've had bierocks from M & M that Doc mentioned. While good, I too am lucky as my wife also has the touch for great bierocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Trust me, I am an expert on Lebanese food and the closest thing to my Grandma’s is Cafe Maurice.
                      Even if you follow her cookbook you can't replicate your Grandma's because she never used the book either. And take it from me several of your relatives attest to this fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post

Bierocks drowned in ketchup is the cats meow.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Bierocks drowned in ketchup is the cats meow.
                          So is that similar to putting steak sauce on a bad steak or any steak for that matter to make it taste better?

Comment

Bella Luna is in a class by itself for me. Then N & J, CHD and Meddy's (not my favorite although almost everyone I know loves Meddy's).

Le Monde Cafe

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

So is that similar to putting steak sauce on a bad steak or any steak for that matter to make it taste better?
                              One of the most discussing things I've seen was watching the wife of a friend order a well done filet and then pour ketchup on it. A double sin for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post

One of the most discussing things I've seen was watching the wife of a friend order a well done filet and then pour ketchup on it. A double sin for sure.
                                Pretty sure that's grounds for divorce.

I will admit that I grew up eating well done steak and using A1 mostly because my father is apparently an idiot that thought that's how steak was meant to be. Also explains why often times when we were having steak for dinner, I could convince my mother to make me chicken instead. She was so much better than he was and the chicken she made was easily better than the steak my father made.

I eventually seen some cooking shows where they talked about steak and the first time I tried a steak at medium, it was a game changer.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X