No announcement yet.

Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No matter what, I think Wichita wins here.

Wichita by EB - Let the cookie wars begin as Insomnia Cookies is coming to Wichita

The news was finally unveiled that Insomnia Cookies will be taking over the kiosks at Wichita’s Union Station. It’s been a while since the kiosks have been filled with tenants. When Insomnia Cookies arrives, the national cookie chain will occupy all four spots.

What makes Insomnia Cookies different from a competitor like Crumbl is right in the name. If you’re up late, you can enjoy some cookies, as many locations are open and deliver until 3 a.m.

Insomnia Cookies offers in-store, pickup, and delivery options for customers to experience the company’s warm cookies. From the classic Chocolate Chunk cookie to favorites like Snickerdoodle and Confetti Deluxe, including vegan options, Insomnia offers a rotating menu, brownies, blondies, ice cream and brookies
    Not conveniently located for myself, but I do have quite the sweet tooth and do love me a good cookie.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Connie’s is one of my all-time Wichita favorites… I’ve been eating there since they opened in the early 60’s and have always ordered the ‘Single Combination’. My taste buds might have changed through the years, but it’s not quite what it was when the first generation operated it, but the second and third generations have done well continuing her legacy. I’m getting hungry thinking about it...

Did you and Ross hang out there?

Comment

• WBJ - Looking for a brunch spot? Yelp says Wichita has one of the country's best

From ESPN announcers to People Magazine, Doo-Dah Diner is no stranger to national praise.

But as one of the staples of downtown Wichita's food scene bounces back from the Covid-19 pandemic, that doesn't mean co-owner Timirie Shibley is not appreciative of the business' latest honor.

Yelp (NYSE: YELP), the online review and reservation company, recently ranked Doo-Dah Diner, 206 E. Kellogg, as a top-100 brunch spot in the U.S. heading into Mother's Day.

"It literally means everything, not only just for me and my husband, but more so for our team," Shibley said. "We have 40 team members, and it's a collective effort from everybody."

Doo-Dah, founded in 2012 by Shibley and her husband, Patrick, came in No. 69 — the only Kansas business ranked.
        Can't argue it. This place is a local treasure and deserves all of the praise it gets.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Corn flakes were invented to prevent masturbation. John Harvey Kellogg, who invented corn flakes and started the Kellogg brand, believed that a plain diet (including his cereals) would make people masturbate and have sex less.

Comment

• Interesting...

""Having the best food will draw people there," he said. "There's just so much competition from Scheels that I knew we had to do something to stay relevant."

That restaurant — which he's calling Brad's Chicken, Bullets & BBQ — has already had an auspicious, if not somewhat chaotic, start in Wichita. And it isn't even officially open yet. Rogers, who put on a brief and totally overwhelming soft opening in late May, is about to reopen the restaurant, which occupies a space on the east end of his building that he previously used for training. He said he should be ready to officially open in the next week or two.

On its way to the restaurant from Missouri is an 8,000-pound custom hickory smoker, Rogers said. On that, he plans to also make brisket and ribs that he'll serve in the restaurant using family recipes that are more than 100 years old.

Once open, the restaurant will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays. Every Monday, he said, he will close for a "big scrub down." Stay tuned for an opening date."

Gun shop owner has a plan to survive the arrival of Scheels: He's adding a restaurant (msn.com)
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• While Jack in the Box and Whataburger have announced plans on moving into the market in the near future, another burger joint has entered the chat and will open as early as October on the west side.

Eagle - Restaurant once named most popular fast-food chain in Kansas is coming to Wichita

Back in 2017, Business Insider named Culver’s the most popular fast food restaurant in Kansas, but there were none in Wichita.

Now, one is scheduled to open on the west side by late this year or early in 2024.

“Topeka, Kansas, is currently the farthest west Culver’s in the state of Kansas,” Nick Campe said.

He’s been the general manager of that restaurant but now is moving to Wichita as the Culver’s franchisee for this area.

“We have big dreams and aspirations to fill Wichita up with Culver’s.”

The first will open at 3210 N. Maize Road, which is near IHOP just north of 29th and Maize Road.

“We are famous for our fresh, never frozen butter burgers made with Midwest beef served on a lightly toasted buttered bun,” Campe said. “That is our trademark.”

The chain also makes fresh frozen custard about every hour throughout the day.
              He says they'll look for an east side location and hope to have that up and running within three years.

I've never had Culver's
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                While Jack in the Box and Whataburger have announced plans on moving into the market in the near future, another burger joint has entered the chat and will open as early as October on the west side.

Eagle - Restaurant once named most popular fast-food chain in Kansas is coming to Wichita

He says they'll look for an east side location and hope to have that up and running within three years.

I've never had Culver's
                Not much different than Freddie's. Freddie's is better imo (especially the fries), however, Culver's works kids one dip Sundays with a topping into a combo at a very reasonable price (plus they give out coupons for free sundays for next visit). And adults can get (use) them too. Parents will take their kids out to Culver's imo for meals

Comment

• While in Branson last week, I stopped by Steak n Shake. You can get a double burger and fries for 4.44 and it was surprisingly good. I'm surprised they haven't entered the Wichita market.
                  Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                    While in Branson last week, I stopped by Steak n Shake. You can get a double burger and fries for 4.44 and it was surprisingly good. I'm surprised they haven't entered the Wichita market.
                    Would love a steak and shake. We usually visit at least once when in Topeka or Tulsa (or just traveling thru those parts.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Not much different than Freddie's. Freddie's is better imo (especially the fries), however, Culver's works kids one dip Sundays with a topping into a combo at a very reasonable price (plus they give out coupons for free sundays for next visit). And adults can get (use) them too. Parents will take their kids out to Culver's imo for meals
                      Freddy's does not have cheese curd to my recollection.

Advantage, Culver's.

Comment

• Still not better than Freddie’s who grew up just outside of Wichita, and started a local company.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          Still not better than Freddie’s who grew up just outside of Wichita, and started a local company.
                          Trust me, I'm as big a fan of Scott Redler and the other locals that started Freddy's as there is and I will always support them.

That being said, cheese curd is a game changer.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Freddy's does not have cheese curd to my recollection.

Advantage, Culver's.
                            Freddy's actually does have cheese curds now, although I'd give the advantage to Culver's.

Freddy's and Culver's are two of my favorite fast food spots. I'll take both over the more hyped whataburger and in n out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Trust me, I'm as big a fan of Scott Redler and the other locals that started Freddy's as there is and I will always support them.

That being said, cheese curd is a game changer.
                              Added curds to the menu nearly 5 years ago!

Comment

• Apparently I shouldn't be so locked in to my usual order. I will sample said curds tomorrow, if not tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X