X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Only let my dogs out for 30 seconds to a minute and they come back limp noodles like their muscles won't fire.
      Have to take them for a walk all at Lowe’s or Home Depot!
      Livin the dream

Comment

Montana Secretary of State Christi Jacobsen

FtebcrceuSariirytpct r1doans3 atfao t9fo:3r0gac eAeasMed ·
        We offer Texas and all the other States enduring the freezing polar vortex our thoughts and prayers. Fossil fuels, namely natural gas and coal, are keeping heat and power going, protecting people's lives. Wind turbines are frozen, and solar generation is down to nothing when the sun isn't shining. Thank God for natural gas. God bless our oil, gas, and coal companies and their incredible employees.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Livestock deaths are going to be overwhelming.
          That's sad to hear. I hope most ranchers have contingencies in place for extreme cold. They need to get into a valley and/or some trees. If they're all locked up in a pen exposed to the wind... but then perhaps packing them together close may make them warmer too. I know little about cows. I stopped eating them nearly 20 years ago.

Comment

https://www.kwch.com/2021/02/15/rota...nserve-energy/

Kansas energy companies to begin rotating outages
            We really are noobs to this kind of severe weather.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That's sad to hear. I hope most ranchers have contingencies in place for extreme cold. They need to get into a valley and/or some trees. If they're all locked up in a pen exposed to the wind... but then perhaps packing them together close may make them warmer too. I know little about cows. I stopped eating them nearly 20 years ago.
              Not to make a joke, but it's very serious and costs the cattle farmer greatly when they lose calves. The loss takes a financial and mental toll on the farmer. They are emotionally attached to their livestock and it's their livelihood. Most farmers have 'hot boxes' to put them in as they're born, but it has to be done immediately in this type of weather or they turn into cowsicles.

"I stopped eating them nearly 20 years ago."

You need to get back on the beef wagon...

Last edited by WstateU; February 15, 2021, 04:50 PM.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Not to make a joke, but it's very serious and costs the cattle farmer greatly when they lose calves. The loss takes a financial and mental toll on the farmer. They are emotionally attached to their livestock and it's their livelihood. Most farmers have 'hot boxes' to put them in as their born, but it has to be done immediately in this type of weather or they turn into cowsicles.

"I stopped eating them nearly 20 years ago."

You need to get back on the beef wagon...

So only the little ones freeze?

You wanna know why I stopped eating beef? :)

Comment

Rolling brownouts have been in effect in Omaha since yesterday. My neighborhood hasn't been hit yet. I have a love-hate relationship with my heating system. Rare in the midwest, I have baseboard radiant heat. Terrible in late spring-early fall with wide fluctuating daily temps, but in the dead of winter, its awesome! Currently my house is a balmy 71. When the brownout hits me eventually, the pipes contain enough ambient heat to maintain temps without the pumps running for up to an hour. Rolling brownouts are 30-45 minutes. I should be good.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

It’s happening in McPherson right now. I’m guessing electric water heaters/stoves/space heaters are the main culprit. If only there was an alternative.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

It’s happening in McPherson right now. I’m guessing electric water heaters/stoves/space heaters are the main culprit. If only there was an alternative.
                      Fission, solar, wind, hydro... and hopefully fusion in the future.

It's bright today and feels warmer to me than days past.

Comment

Fission, solar, wind, hydro... and hopefully fusion in the future.

It's bright today and feels warmer to me than days past.
                        There’s no water here, and today there is no wind or sun.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

There’s no water here, and today there is no wind or sun.
                          We have sun in Wichita today. Plenty of nasty wind as well over the last week. Saltwater aquifers can perhaps be used to make osmotic energy.

Comment

We have sun in Wichita today. Plenty of nasty wind as well over the last week. Saltwater aquifers can perhaps be used to make osmotic energy.
                            I’m a little further north...solar panels are covered in snow, turbines are frozen. We have no saltwater aquafers...also, didn’t know that was a source of energy.

We do have natural gas and nuclear potential.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

I’m a little further north...solar panels are covered in snow, turbines are frozen. We have no saltwater aquafers...also, didn’t know that was a source of energy.

We do have natural gas and nuclear potential.
                              Forgot about natural gas. That too!

Comment

People act as though this has never happened before. Report last week clearly stated this is the longest cold snap since 1983. That’s 35 years. I was in high school. Remember it pretty well. Don’t remember not going to school cause it was “cold”. Also, yesterday set the record for cold on Valentine’s Day which had been set in 1936. Why was it so cold then? Global warming that year? To say we don’t know what we’re doing cause we’ve never gone through this before is just not true. Has anyone considered changing expectations? People today expect everything to be perfect, all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X