No announcement yet.

It's cold as f....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screenshot_20210214-170358_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20210214-170334_Samsung Internet.jpg

​​​​​THe nice thing is we have low humidity so it feels much warmer. Maybe like only 2 below.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Its really not that bad. Went to the gym, got my hair cut, returned some plumbing parts at Menards and am now having a romantic dinner with Mrs. MVJ at Ralston Keno. Socially distancing of course. Gym was empty.

16133443500242613443762777841370.jpg
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Heading home. My balls might fall out of my abdomen sometime after midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          Its really not that bad. Went to the gym, got my hair cut, returned some plumbing parts at Menards and am now having a romantic dinner with Mrs. MVJ at Ralston Keno. Socially distancing of course. Gym was empty.

16133443500242613443762777841370.jpg
          I have no valentine right now.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I have no valentine right now.
            the-office-crying (1).gif

Comment

gonna get to -7 tonight, wind chill about -30. Tomorrow will be colder. Livestock deaths are going to be overwhelming.
              Last edited by pinstripers; February 14, 2021, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Record Report

SXUS73 KICT 150032
                RERICT

RECORD EVENT REPORT
                NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WICHITA KANSAS
                630 PM CST SUN FEB 14 2021
                ...RECORD COOL HIGH TEMPERATURES SET FOR TODAY FEBRUARY 14TH...

A RECORD COOL HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 4 DEGREES WAS SET AT WICHITA
                EISENHOWER NATIONAL AIRPORT TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE PREVIOUS RECORD
                OF 10 DEGREES SET IN 1936.
                It seems like when we have a really cold winter, that our summers are really hot. I believe in 1980 when we had all those days of over 100 degree temperatures, that the winter was very cold.

If this record low high is a sign of things to come, then this summer could be a scorcher. if you remember, 1936 was the year Wichita set its all-time record high of 114 degrees on August 12.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  gonna get to -7 tonight, wind chill about -30. Tomorrow will be colder. Livestock deaths are going to be overwhelming.
                  1 hour north of Wichita and currently -10
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

It seems like when we have a really cold winter, that our summers are really hot. I believe in 1980 when we had all those days of over 100 degree temperatures, that the winter was very cold.

If this record low high is a sign of things to come, then this summer could be a scorcher. if you remember, 1936 was the year Wichita set its all-time record high of 114 degrees on August 12.
                    I think it’s because of the decreased CO2 emissions during lockdown. This is the natural temperature without human interference.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I think it’s because of the decreased CO2 emissions during lockdown. This is the natural temperature without human interference.
                      I sure could use some global warming right about now. I shudder to think if we had a massive power outage.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Were getting to -21 today. No big deal. Love the igloo on the Weatherbug graphic.

20210215_080743.jpg

Comment

Same igloo in Wichita.

20210215_081225.jpg

Comment

Keep in mind that the low humidity will make it feel rather tropical.

Comment

Only let my dogs out for 30 seconds to a minute and they come back limp noodles like their muscles won't fire.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It's definitely unpleasant.

And it's not just the cold, but the duration of it. Also, has anyone had a bad spot with static electricity? Seriously, putting on a fuzzy coat is nearly a death sentence. And I dare you to try that right before hitting the bathroom fan switch. My apologies for anyone suffering a brown out this morning, but the singe marks on my fingers show my guilt.

One of the KWCH reporters threw the hot water in the air trick this morning on her porch. That's so freaky!

St Francis Ks was -27 earlier this morning. Wind chill was -45. Seriously....if it felt ONE HUNDRED DEGREES WARMER in St Francis right now, you're probably STILL wearing a coat.

Seriously...100 degrees is the difference between a really hot day and being cooked. And you're still wearing a coat.

Comment

Working...
                                X