No announcement yet.

New Downtown Baseball Stadium, AAA Club, and Associated RE Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My idea of SkyRiders would work even with the Pegasus logo...

and I think CropDusters would actually work out fine! So would Sodbusters and Barnstormers. In thinking about radar, heck, even the Wichita Dopplers is better than this dingy WindSurge name.

Edit additional thoughts: Stormers. Thunderheads. Cutters (as in cutting wheat).
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I had to laugh last night. When I got home I asked my wife if she had heard the name selected for the new AAA baseball team. She had not. I tried not to give away what I thought about it. I just told her it was the Wind Surge. She said the Wind what? Surge? Why don't they just call them the farts. I had to really laugh at that reaction, but then I realized maybe that was more a commentary on living with me for 48 years than anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Natural grass is probably an MLB requirement
        Most teams prefer to use the same surface as their parent club, so they learn on a consistent field up through the minors.

Comment

• I was in the 'Doo Dah Dusters' camp, but 'Wichita Whirlwinds' or even 'Dirt Devils' seems more logical. The marketing campaign will be critical... hope they have a solid plan.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Stop your belly aching SN. Next June take in the Korn Ferry Tour at Crestview, then top it off by going to a Fart game that night. Now that's a full day people.

Comment

• When they announced the name I honestly thought it was another teaser. Then I realized it was real. I'm glad the organization is getting skewered on Twitter and in the media. They deserve it.

I would have liked the Wind and the homage that would have played to an old team. I would have been okayish with Surge. But Wind Surge??? I'm not sure they could have picked a more awkward and locally irrelevant name. We might as well be the Wichita Marlins with as much relevance "Wind Surge" has to Wichita.

What the flying f*** is a "wind surge" anyway? I looked it up. It's basically a storm surge. So it's a coastal term and has absolutely no f'ing thing to do with the great plains, Kansas, the midwest, or Wichita.

Whoever did this should be fired.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I love the internet.

Petition is already up with over 5,700 people signing it.

Comment

• I just signed the petition and chipped in some $. Now over 6,000 people have signed.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 14, 2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Just signed. Up to 6200.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• From the petition site:

This petition is to change the name to anything else! We might as well be named the Wichita Mmmm mm mmm mudslides!!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Anybody remember when WSU released those awful new logos in like 2002 or whatever? After the massive outpouring of negative feedback WSU was all like “Sorry about that! We’ll ixnay that idea!”

One can hope that maybe something like that will happen here. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard Wichita collectively reject something in such clear proportions and mass like this name debacle. It’s overwhelming. What’s another $10K or $20K (or whatever... fairly nominal, relative) in a name/logo rework, when you have the amount of money and time invested in this launch. It’s not like the first game is next month. Plenty of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

I love the internet.

Petition is already up with over 5,700 people signing it.

https://www.change.org/p/outraged-wi...am?signed=true
                            I remember a conversation I had with Mayor Jeff Longwell in February, during which he said his idea for Wichita’s new ball team was Pegasus, in honor of the Boeing KC-46 tankers that landed at McConnell Air Force Base earlier this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              I was in the 'Doo Dah Dusters' camp, but 'Wichita Whirlwinds' or even 'Dirt Devils' seems more logical. The marketing campaign will be critical... hope they have a solid plan.

Or even the Trail Dusters (ties into the Cowtown/Chisholm Trail heritage) would fit into that as well.

Comment

• BTW, what would a Wind Surge mascot look like? I guess a horse outfitted with wings ridden by a blowhard. One positive is that would provide some fertilizer for the natural grass field.

Comment

Working...
                                X