No announcement yet.

New Downtown Baseball Stadium, AAA Club, and Associated RE Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the locals, what is the latest about Wichita being downgraded to AA ball? Understand there is no longer a contract with Miami as their AAA team.

Comment

• MLB has taken over control of the minor league system and has begun making some significant changes. Largely, they are eliminating a lot of teams by getting rid of leagues, such has Low A/High A and just aiming to have A, AA and AAA. Wages are terrible for a lot of those players, so eliminating some of these leagues should allow for resources to be focused on developing guys at the other levels who might actually make the MLB.

Along with reducing teams, MLB wants to eliminate affiliations with cities that are nowhere near each other. So, Miami's AAA team is rumored to be heading to Jacksonville. There is a lot that could happen with trying to get teams closer. Colorado's AA affiliate is in Hartford, Connecticut, so one rumor has that as a possible replacement. Milwaukee has teams in Arizona, Texas and North Carolina, so Wichita is closer than all of those. Nothing's been announced officially anywhere in the minor league realm.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
        MLB has taken over control of the minor league system and has begun making some significant changes. Largely, they are eliminating a lot of teams by getting rid of leagues, such has Low A/High A and just aiming to have A, AA and AAA. Wages are terrible for a lot of those players, so eliminating some of these leagues should allow for resources to be focused on developing guys at the other levels who might actually make the MLB.

Along with reducing teams, MLB wants to eliminate affiliations with cities that are nowhere near each other. So, Miami's AAA team is rumored to be heading to Jacksonville. There is a lot that could happen with trying to get teams closer. Colorado's AA affiliate is in Hartford, Connecticut, so one rumor has that as a possible replacement. Milwaukee has teams in Arizona, Texas and North Carolina, so Wichita is closer than all of those. Nothing's been announced officially anywhere in the minor league realm.
        Washington Nationals AAA team is located in California. AA teams all stay close to their league mates, so that may be more important than being closer to the home club. Don't know if KC would entertain Wichita rather than Springdale, AR for it's AA as the difference in distance is of no importance, but our metro area is around a third larger (640,000 vs 460,000). I'm also pretty certain that Arkansas is St Louis Cardinal territory.

Comment

• It figures that one of 2020's casualties might be Wichita's AAA affiliation. I swear the city can't catch a break. It always seems there's either internal or external forces that hinder any effort it tries to better itself.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Sounds like it’s Double-A baseball coming to ICT.

At least they’re enjoyed an undefeated season in their lone year in Triple-A.
            The Assman

Comment

• Knew it was too good to be true. When the owner died of Covid, I wondered how our fate would end up. Whelp, at least we've got a nice place to shot fireworks over.

Comment

• Just saw Taylor's tweet (I'm not smart enough to successfully link it here).

Fudge.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Knew it was too good to be true. When the owner died of Covid, I wondered how our fate would end up. Whelp, at least we've got a nice place to shot fireworks over.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• You will most likely see better prospects from the AA squad anyway. AAA is where over the hill players go to play out their twilight years. Much prefer AA. Plus, the Twins have a good organization.

Comment

• I won’t go... ever. I hope it fails miserably. AAA or nothing. What a crock of ****!!! Bad enough it’s called the “ Windsurge” but I guess that’s appropriate. I will never ever go to a AA game at that stadium. Lutz and and all the spinning fools can’t talk their way out of this freaking mess . What a letdown and freaking joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        You will most likely see better prospects from the AA squad anyway. AAA is where over the hill players go to play out their twilight years. Much prefer AA. Plus, the Twins have a good organization.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          You will most likely see better prospects from the AA squad anyway. AAA is where over the hill players go to play out their twilight years. Much prefer AA. Plus, the Twins have a good organization.
                          Oh sure... that is why all the larger cities have AAA while coyote nowhere cites have AA

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Oh sure... that is why all the larger cities have AAA while coyote nowhere cites have AA
                            Ok.

Comment

• Major League Cities > AAA Cities > AA Cities.

AAA allows Wichita to market itself on a higher level than AA. This really is disappointing.

Comment

• It's very disappointing news.

Anyone trying to claim AA is better than AAA is lying to themselves and everyone else.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X