No announcement yet.

New Downtown Baseball Stadium, AAA Club, and Associated RE Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverfront Stadium? How were they not able to get a sponsor before it opened?

Did get tickets today at 10 online before they sold out of box seats for opening day.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• To me, Riverfront Stadium is pretty decent. Better than having a sponsored name that changes every 5-10 years.

Comment

• You can always sell naming rights to the "Field" like they did in Cincinnati. Cinergy Field at Riverfront Stadium.

I would would have thought Riverside Stadium would have been a better choice in Wichita since we have the Riverside Neighborhood nearby plus it doesn't look like were just ripping off someone else's branding.

I will say that on a day like today the Wind Surge does seem more appropriate but I still fell like we could have done much better with a name.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 7, 2020, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Yep, hadn’t thought of Riverside Stadium. Would have preferred that.

Comment

• If we're going to name the stadium after a neighborhood, I kind of like College Hill Stadium. Or, maybe Lakepoint Stadium.
            Or, how about The Stadium in the Hood?
            You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

Comment

• Delano Ballpark

Is it really that hard?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Delano Ballpark

Is it really that hard?
                Clip #4: ... that unlocks the door to the greatest treasure on earth.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Delano Ballpark

Is it really that hard?
                  Ummm, that's what sh . . . .

No, I can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                    To me, Riverfront Stadium is pretty decent. Better than having a sponsored name that changes every 5-10 years.
                    This ain't the 80's anymore. It sounds little league.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      You can always sell naming rights to the "Field" like they did in Cincinnati. Cinergy Field at Riverfront Stadium.

I would would have thought Riverside Stadium would have been a better choice in Wichita since we have the Riverside Neighborhood nearby plus it doesn't look like were just ripping off someone else's branding.

I will say that on a day like today the Wind Surge does seem more appropriate but I still fell like we could have done much better with a name.

Calling it "something" Stadium would be so low-rent Wichita. Just like we did with "something" Arena. Nobody calls basketball venues arenas anymore and nobody calls baseball venues stadiums anymore. They call them Parks or Fields. Sometimes I think these leaders live in a time-stopping bubble.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Delano Ballpark

Is it really that hard?
                        That was exactly my thought as well. Or Delano Field. But "Riverfront Stadium" is so underwhelming, like everything else in this project.

I'm surprised they couldn't or didn't get naming rights for the entire stadium, but I shouldn't be.
                        Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; March 8, 2020, 07:57 PM.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

That was exactly my thought as well. Or Delano Field. But "Riverside Stadium" is so underwhelming, like everything else in this project.

I'm surprised they couldn't or didn't get naming rights for the entire stadium, but I shouldn't be.
                          Actually they named it Riverfront Stadium.

Comment

For now...

Comment

That’s what I meant to type. My bad, I’ll fix my original post.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Riverside field in Delano Park near the riverfront and just down the hill from College Hill but still close to down town Doo Dah. I would ask if everyone is happy with this name but I know that can never happen

Comment

Working...
                                X