This is what wrong with the KC Chiefs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
    Yeah with any luck we can trade Colquitt too.

hahahaha

We will probably trade Colquitt for a 4th round pick then draft his brother with that pick (his brother is also a punter from Tennessee). I'd say I'm being a little over the top with that statement, but I could actually see it happening. :shock:
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

BA - with King Carl, anything is possible.

Comment

Well rookies are cheaper than veterans ...

Don't even give him the idea.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
          Well rookies are cheaper than veterans ...
          I'd rather have a rookie RB than being handcuffed with LJ's contract.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with LJ. The dude had bad luck getting hurt this year but what no one should of expected an All-pro caliber season even if he was healthy.

The Chiefs o-line sucked giving him no holes to run. Our quarterback play was so horrible defenses were not scared by the pass or our lack of quality receivers. D-Bowe is a pleasant suprise, but face it, our WR's are slow, possession type receivers who can't outrun anybody. Kennison was hurt for the majority of the year so there goes the only deep threat we had.

So what do defenses do? They put 8 in the box to stop LJ. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you make the Chiefs try to beat you with the pass, you're gonna win the game. LJ had no chance. You could have put Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, or Jim Brown behind our line and they would have sucked ass too.

LJ is now in the prime of his career. I don't have a problem unloading him only because he still has great trade value, but he still has the talent to be a great RB in this league and right now, he's handicapped by the sucky Chiefs offense.

Comment

From a talent standpoint there's obviously nothing wrong with LJ. And obviously the line sucks and we have no downfield passing game. We all knew that was going to be the case when LJ tied up the Chiefs bankroll in a longterm contract. When the decision was made to sign him then everything else was left to suffer...

My point being I would choose to go the route of the Pats and Colts and turn over aging RBs (aka rent-a-running back). I'd take my chances with a rookie/FA back and look to shore up the line.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                From a talent standpoint there's obviously nothing wrong with LJ. And obviously the line sucks and we have no downfield passing game. We all knew that was going to be the case when LJ tied up the Chiefs bankroll in a longterm contract. When the decision was made to sign him then everything else was left to suffer...

My point being I would choose to go the route of the Pats and Colts and turn over aging RBs (aka rent-a-running back). I'd take my chances with a rookie/FA back and look to shore up the line.

The over/under in Vegas for LJ's rushing yards this season was 1700. I really wish I would have bet the under on that one.
                "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                X