• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sucks we lose 9 straight games and we still only pick 5th. It aint right
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
      It sucks we lose 9 straight games and we still only pick 5th. It aint right
      I guess you forgot the part about starting the season 4-3. Not sure why you're so down about having a top 5 pick. I just wish they had more first round picks because one is not enough.

Comment

Is it 5th? Thought it was forth ahead of Atlanta

Comment

Ok, read up on my nfl draft message board, basically the tie breakers borke even which was strength of schedule, which all ended with KC-ATL-OAK at .518

This is c/p

KC, ATL, and OAK all have the same S.O.S. You then go to conference tiebreakers, in which it goes to conf record. KC & ATL are 3-9,
          OAK is 4-8. OAK gets the #5 pick. Now you have two teams. There aren't enough common games, so it should come down to a coin flip b/w ATL and KC for the 3rd/4th picks. The rules are confusing, this is my interpretation (see for yourself here http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures )

Comment

This shoulda been one continued post but whatever.

Let's say we get the 3rd pick, who do you guys like?

It sucks to me that all of the qb's are pretty meh this year, I really like Andre Woodson but 3 is way too early for him imo. Matt Ryan and Brian Brahm just doesn't strike me as a franchise qb's. I'm getting old, and in my lifetime the Chiefs have NEVER had a franchise qb, that sucks.

At 3 if McFadden is there I'd take him and trade LJ for picks and take the salary cap hit, but that just isn't going to happen. Glenn Dorsey is likey gone, 3 is too high to take Jake Long or Michael Oher. Chris Long, Howie's kid, is great, but they have Allen and Hali........

I guess my point is I have no idea what to do at 3.

Comment

If Jake Long is still on the board at 3 or 4 I think they have to take him. Everybody keeps talking about a QB but none of the ones available really excite me as a must have. QB isn't the weakest spot that HAS to be improved. They need O-line help and they need it yesterday.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I really don't like picking a top 5 QB cause its going to cost you a ton of guaranteed $, with no guarantee it'll work out. Plus none of the top QB's really strike me as a top 5 pick (unless something changes at the combines, which it might).

The nice thing about having the #3/4 pick is you pick #3/4 in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and I think a good QB will be there, and there's much less pressure & $ at pick 35 than 3. I'm thinking the biggest meanest O-line you can get in the first round, QB 2nd round, WR/CB? 3rd? With 3 picks in the top 70 we should get some quality help, of course if Carl's still there who knows? :(

Comment

Some relevant and good comments, but it is an old story. Herm was a DC, and historically DC's becoming head coach often are found lacking in their Offenses, and vica versa.

1) He needs to shake things up. Get rid of the players not getting it done.
                  2) Get a quarterback, a good one.
                  3) Offensive lineman needed badly.
                  4) Get a better and more creative Offense Coordinator.

To me, that is the short must do list. Having the players with the right attitude and skills is a requirement for being a Championship level team. To raise the overall level of the team, you have improve on your weaknesses whatever it takes.

Hanging onto a bad situation or prolonging things will not make you a better team.

Comment

I think people are giving up brodie too soon, he played in 6 freaking games. And in those games he is running for his life, he still needs another year before they make a final determination on him. I think if we dont go Oline in the first round, then i will scream, its pretty obvious what our biggest need is. There is no qb in this draft that is going to be any better than brodie, so we need to build some parts around him, and if by the chance next year he is not any better, then we go qb in the first, because if brodie struggles again next year, then we are prolly going to have another top 5 pick.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Im willing to give Brodie a shot.

I say we try and get McNabb.

hell what could it hurt.

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised to see Chad Pennington as a Chief before next season.

This free's up a pick to get another early round lineman to go with Waters and Weigman.

They should have traded LJ last year, probably could have gotten a nice player or pick out of the deal and used Bennett and Smith this year.

I see them taking Jake Long if he's still there, Talib in 2nd if he's still there, but if Clady or Baker are still there look for them to go OL in 1st and 2nd with 2 guys that would probably start as rookies.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                          The problem is Carl Peterson. 19 years as GM and never a Super Bowl. Pathetic. Carl needs to be fired this year.

I said this earlier and I'll say it again. Carl Peterson needs to be fired or moved out of the player personnel department. He's had 19 years at the helm and what has it gotten us? The worst record the team has had in 20 years.

Originally posted by Jason Whitlock
                          This 4-12 season was five years in the making and extremely predictable. In a desperate attempt to make the Super Bowl before Dick Vermeil got tired, the Chiefs spent the Vermeil era on a rampage to win it all taking every shortcut available.

They didn’t develop talent; they acquired it through trade and free-agent spending. Those chickens have come home.

Willie Roaf, Priest Holmes, Trent Green, Eddie Kennison, Casey Wiegmann and John Welbourn — the veterans Vermeil acquired for his record-setting offense — have either retired or announced their retirement with their play this season. Meanwhile, Vermeil’s defensive acquisitions — Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii, Eddie Freeman, Kawika Mitchell, Kendrell Bell, Shawn Barber, Patrick Surtain, Ray Crockett, Glenn Cadrez, Dexter McCleon and Greg Robinson — could form an all-bust fantasy team.

Carl Peterson, the general manager who takes enormous pride in being the league’s toughest contract negotiator and in his ability to avoid “salary cap hell because of it,” is locked in an “incompetence hell” of his own creation.
                          I couldn't say it any better than that. FIRE CARL PETERSON!

Carl thinks he's coming back - “There will be no changes,” Peterson said. “I’m still under the same contract. I’m here and will be here in my current capacity." - I hope he's wrong.
                          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Getting Jared Allen the money he wants and deserves should be in the top 5 "to do" list this off season as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                              Getting Jared Allen the money he wants and deserves should be in the top 5 "to do" list this off season as well.
                              I think it should be #2, behind firing Carl Peterson!
                              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

What’s with King Carl making multiple media announcements that his job is safe? Who the hell does he think he is? Last time I checked his last name was not Hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X