No announcement yet.

This is what wrong with the KC Chiefs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to this quote, we could be in for a long NEXT 20 years also..

"We have a plan and it's being implemented," the Chiefs president and general manager told The Associated Press Monday in a telephone interview from his office at Arrowhead Stadium. "I have no intention to leave before the job is finished."

I think since he is President and GM, only Clark Hunt has any other say in the organization...and who knows really how he feels.

Here's to hoping he he makes Herm hire a good offensive coordinator and lets him run the offense to at least make the games watchable.

I agree that you play to win the games, but all the wins in the world mean nothing if the fans can't stand to watch!!

Comment

on KGSO this morning they had the dude that runs warpath illustrated on.

He was saying that he thinks Carl will stick around but in a CEO format ONLY which to me is wise. He can run a business but his player personell decisions leave one to wonder *Rich Gannon anyone*

im fine with this.

They also mentioned Eric Price i think his name is from UTEP as O Coordinator.

He expected firings to be announced today or tomorrow.

Comment

Solari is definitely gone.

Brodie still deserves a shot. He's showed some nice flashes but with the lack of a running game and a weak line it's hard to be too criticle. I saw progress.

Waters and McIntosh will probably be the only returning starters on the line. Welbourn and Weigman are gone. And we didn't really have a RT anyway.

Dunn is gone as well, which means it'll be time for Wilson to step up and play more. Kennison is probably gone as well. He was nothing special but it would be nice to have a vet at WR for the young guys.

Parker may have earned another year. He actually played fairly well this season and didn't drop many passes. I like Bowe and Webb and would like to see Sippio get in on some action.

They will need to bring in a veteran QB as I'm not sure they'll be comfortable with Thigpen as the number 2 yet.

I like the D line. The top priority should be getting Allen his hard earned money. The LBs are nice but I wouldn't mind seeing them pick up another. Although Key Fox played fairly well yesterday.

We HAVE to find some young CBs. Law and Surtain are pretty much done. Either Sapp or Barksdale or one of the others have to step up and be able to be a starter or they need to find a FA that they can fit in there and they need to draft one if available.

Peterson and Herm aren't going anywhere. But Solari and Curl should go.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Benny Sapp actually impressed me this year, im not sure if we can be a starting CB, but he surely is a solid nickel corner
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
            Benny Sapp actually impressed me this year, im not sure if we can be a starting CB, but he surely is a solid nickel corner
            Thats what I've been campaigning for awhile. Hopefully we can get a steal at CB in a later round this year.

Does anyone get nervous when teams take an O-Lineman in the top 5-10? I know there have been successes, but Robert Gallery keeps running through my head.
            Jocks & Jills
            3236 N. Rock Rd
            Wichita, KS 67226
            316-260-9800
            http://www.jocks-jills.com
            http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

Solari, Saxon, Joiner & O-line coach all gone according to ESPN. I liked the reader response to the article, it was something like "they're just re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic with Carl still at the helm." :) lol

I hope they get a good solid o-coordinator who knows what he's doing. Keep Priest as RB coach. ;)

O-line isn't as scary as QB for me at top 5. Gallery had a questionable attitude and work ethic, which of course is a PLUS for the Raiders personnel dept. I wouldn't take a guy like him with any question marks, but if you get a solid character multiple-year starter at o-line at the top of the draft I think the results are usually favorable.

Comment

Too bad Dick Curl didn't get the axe as well. All that Herm did was get rid of everyone that was there before he arrived.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by jazztrane
                  Solari, Saxon, Joiner & O-line coach all gone according to ESPN. I liked the reader response to the article, it was something like "they're just re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic with Carl still at the helm." :) lol

I'm pretty sure this was a last ditch effort from Carl to keep his job. Blame the offensive coaches for the pathetic players that you brought in, always a good idea. - - Also, why did they fire the RB coach? We had 6 different RBs play by the end of the season, and each one of them did a pretty good job.
                  "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                  -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Solari HAD to go. I'm not sure how much blame the o-line coach should take. Although I think they should have done better than they did. I think they should have kept Joiner on. I thought the young WRs played pretty well and it can't hurt to have a HOF wideout as your positions coach.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      Solari HAD to go. I'm not sure how much blame the o-line coach should take. Although I think they should have done better than they did. I think they should have kept Joiner on. I thought the young WRs played pretty well and it can't hurt to have a HOF wideout as your positions coach.
                      I agree that Solari HAD to go. His playcalling was predictable and very, very conservative. However, I think he was the only one that really had to go. The OLine coach could have done better, but he had FA scraps and former Defensive Tackles on the line this year, its hard to do much with those guys. The second I heard that Joiner was fired I was immediately confused. Bowe did great, Parker didn't play as bad as years past and Webb has came along ok this year. I think it was just a rushed decision due to the poor performance of the offense this year. Sometimes the coaches can't be blamed for the bad play of the players they're given to work with.
                      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Im boycotting anything Chiefs until Peterson is gone. How many chances does this guy get?

Comment

I tried boycotts every week this season, but by Sunday I was back on the couch or freezing my marbles off at Arrowhead. One of the main problems is that we really need to harvest as many draft picks as possible, but this franchise can't draft for poo. I fully expect us to take some injury-prone hack in the first round.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Im all for taking another kicker with one of my first 5-6 picks

W00T!!!

Hell lets see if they take a kicker AND a punter this year.

im being sarcastic.

Comment

Whos UCLA kicker this year, im sure Carl is up to taking him again. He thinks he has to get it right some time.
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Yeah with any luck we can trade Colquitt too.

hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X