No announcement yet.

2009-10 Women's Basketball Prediction Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like its crunch time on this contest. If the women win both (and I don't feel real good about that prospect) I win. If they lose both, which seems more likely I finish 2nd. If they split it looks like a tie and I don't like my chances on the tie breaker. So...come on gals go out there and finish this thing strong.

Comment

pogo, I will be rooting for you to win.

I would love to the see the Lady Shocks finish strong and set themselves up and build some confidence going into next year.

Plus and 18-11 finish would probably get us into some kind of post-season play which would be a great experience for this young team.

Go pogo! :goshocks:

Comment

Prediction Recap:

Contestant: Non-con Record + MVC Record = Overall; MVC Road Diff

SpanglerFan 316: 10-1 + 16-2 = 26-3; +8.0
        Downtown Shocker Brown: 10-1 + 11-7 = 21-8; +2.2
        The Mad Hatter: 9-2 + 10-8 = 19-10; -2.0
        pogo: 7-4 + 11-7 = 18-11; +3.5
        1972Shocker: 8-3 + 8-10 = 16-13; -8.7
        ShockTalk: 7-4 +8-10 = 15-14; -6.5
        WuDrWu: 8-3 + 7-11 = 15-14; -7.5
        Snapshot9: 7-4 + 6-12 = 13-16; -9.0
        SubGod22: 6-5 + 6-12 = 12-17; -5.0
        Final 2009 Regular Season Results:

8-3 + 8-10 = 16-13; -12.9

Winner: 1972Shocker

Shocks did finish out of the play-in round for the first time in quite awhile.

They exceeded their preseason pick by 3 spots. Nice to have a few teams looking up at us for a change.

Sweep of Missouri State was perhaps the highlight of the MVC season.

Young team with another nice recruiting class coming in next year. Losing only Marisah and Ashley and Ashley played little but did bring some valuable intangibles to the team.

A lot of upside for this year's freshman class of Jessica, Jazimen, Michelle and Chynna. The only question is how bad do they want it and how hard are they willing to work.

A definite step in the right direction.

Comment

Not to make excuses, but I think that there is a decent chance that my prediction would have been right if Alicia had played this year (assuming the reports on her have been correct, which we will see come next year).

On the other hand, I think it is probably better for the program over the long term to have her playing each of the next two years.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I agree I think adding Alicia to Haleigh's class will be helpful to the program in the long run.

Hopefully, she will prove to be a difference maker. We could sure use a consistent long-range threat.

Comment

Working...
            X