Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker Softball at Sleep Inn Classic (Denton, TX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanna Kolb
    And Flying Moose perhaps Kasha didnt want me to read this site for fear of me responding HA HA over protective parents never change!!
    I understand completely. I have a child who competed post-high school. But forums such as this were less prevalent then. :)

And #3 is Lauren Coleman (do I recall hearing a nickname of LoCo last year?). :)

I am looking forward to the Shocks being at home in ten days or so, although I probably will not have a chance to see them until that weekend. :(

Oh, yes, we won't tell Kasha you have posted on this site. :)

And I promise not to use any more emoticons. :yahoo: Well, maybe one more.

Comment

Welcome to ShockerNet Momma K!

Anytime you visit a sports fan message board you will probably read some comments and OPINIONS that will not set very will with you, especially as a parent of an athlete.

ShockerNet is probably well above average in the amout of postive support the teams and players get. That doesn't mean we don't have our share of negativity, disagreements and sometimes flame wars.

Generally, I think Shocker fans have been very supportive of Kasha and the rest of the team this year. Based on Kasha's outstanding high school career myself and perhaps others who follow the team's performance probably had our expectations of what Kasha could do at the start of her career set a a few notches too high. Seems like a disease that affects many fans and you would think I would know better for as long as I have followed WSU athletics.

Nevertheless, I think we are all pulling for Kasha and her teammates to be the best that they can be.

Nevertheless, if you continue to visit ShockerNet, which I hope you will, be prepared for the occassional negatvie comment or sharp barb directed at Kasha or her teammates. That said, try to keep it in perspective. Look at the board for our highly respected baseball team, especially after a loss. You will find that it is not all fun and roses there either.

Remember were fans - short for fanatics - and the fans who post here are the most fanatical fans WSU has. OTOH, you could have no one care at all, which I think would be a worse situation. I for one am rarely in a real happy mood after the Shocks lose in any sport.

Of course, we expect you to support and defend Kasha at every turn. That's what Mom's do.

Finally, to reiterate flyingMoose's comments about education. Senior nights are one of my favorite things about college sports. At WSU, you will find that the loudest applause for the departing Seniors, especially for our female athletes, is for their academic accomplishments. This is true whether the player was a star or a backup player and regardless of the teams on the field performance. I think you will find WSU fanatics love their Shockers and Kasha is a Shocker.

Still, keep in mind, fanatics will be fanatics.

:goshocks:

Comment

Hey thanks Flying Moose she has never been a fan of message boards!

I think the family friends and fans(atics) of the Shockers have been great!
        We dont usually like to get involved in such boards due to the fact it is primarily opinions. But the games I attended were good ball games with nearly all the girls making an impact.....Sometimes the score doesnt always reflect how good the game really was!

And we are no stranger to having negative comments thrown out at our daughter that usually happens when you ARE or HAVE BEEN sucessful! But I will be the first to say she is not where we thought she would be at this point but i know my kid and NOBODY hates to loose more than she does....

And I agree she is there to receive a quality education and promote her future but I dont recall reading on here where anyone was calling a dummy!!!!Thank goodness!!!! good bad or ugly it is not my intention to stir the pot but state my OPINION about how proud we are of our daughter and her team........

The Shockers have a great team and they are fun to watch and I am glad that our daughter is part of that and I look forward to watching them all develop as a whole throughout the year! Many of the girls are young and it looks as if we could be good the next several years!

Flying Moose I look forward to trying to spot you in the crowd at the Wichita games. You would make my it a lot easier on me if you wore Moose Horns....Dont Forget We Aren't Telling Kasha I was on the site! ha ha thanks......GO SHOCKERS!

Comment

We all love our Shockers therefore we wish every single player the very best. With that in mind, these forums are a place to celebrate when we are winning and a place to vent when we are losing. And of course a place to second guess the coach at all times. If you have a relative on the team, you can't be thin skinned if you choose to read these forums. Kasha can go from hero to zero and back to hero all in the same week on this forum. Don't ever take it personal. 8)

Comment

LOL, same week heck, she can do that in the same day. Twice. And QP has good advice. Don't ever take anything on here personal. :good:

Comment

Kara was named MVP of the tournament.

Kasha was also named to the all-tournament team. Congrats, ladies!

Comment

Working...
              X