No announcement yet.

Softball Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not about recruiting players but the Shocks are on the prowl for some young fans. Actually sounds like a pretty good deal for anyone with kids or grandkids playing 12 & Under softball.

Shocker Cleat Crew

Taking a page of the McDonald's marketing playbook. Get the kids and Mom and Dad (or Grandpa and Grandma) have to tag along for the ride.

Comment

The fall schedule is out along with the 2018 roster:

The official 2024 Softball schedule for the Wichita State Shockers

The official 2024 Softball Roster for the Wichita State Shockers

Comment

I see we have a transfer from Northern Iowa. Jr. Bailey Lange was the #3 pitcher on the UNI as a sophomore last year with a 3.80 ERA in 83 innings. She also led UNI in home runs with 9 in 91 at bats. I assume she will be in the mix for some innings in the circle for the Shocks and perhaps some time at the DH. Time will tell.

I don't recall this being previously announced or reported. If it was I missed it or forgot it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I see we have a transfer from Northern Iowa. Jr. Bailey Lange was the #3 pitcher on the UNI as a sophomore last year with a 3.80 ERA in 83 innings. She also led UNI in home runs with 9 in 91 at bats. I assume she will be in the mix for some innings in the circle for the Shocks and perhaps some time at the DH. Time will tell.

I don't recall this being previously announced or reported. If it was I missed it or forgot it.
          There is this.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            There is this.
            Definitely didn't see that blog since I have never heard of that site although I did miss it or don't recall it if it was reported on Shockernet, goShockers.com or the Eagle which it could have been.

Comment

Definitely didn't see that blog since I have never heard of that site although I did miss it or don't recall it if it was reported on Shockernet, goShockers.com or the Eagle which it could have been.
              I have never heard of the site either - just found it with Mr. Google. And I am like you - I don't recall ever seeing any announcement anywhere about the transfer.

Comment

Lauren Lucas, 5-8, 140 lb RHP/OF out of Little Elm, TX (Far Northern Suburb of DFW) who plays for the Texas Glory has commited to Wichita State according to the Texas Glory website.

Texas Glory - texasglory.com - @TexasGlory - Fastpitch Softball Dallas / Ft. Worth, Texas

Oh yea, Class of 2-0-2-0. That makes her a HS Sophomore to be this fall. As a Freshman at Little Elm HS last year she was 10-3 with a 1.24 ERA with 106 K's and 32 BB in 90.1 innings per MaxPreps.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 15, 2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Lauren Lucas, 5-8, 140 lb RHP/OF out of Little Elm, TX (Far Northern Suburb of DFW) who plays for the Texas Glory has committed to Wichita State according to the Texas Glory website.
                  Current Shocker Mauriana Jamele is another Texas Glory product.

Comment

Shockers get a verbal commitment from Bailey Urban out of Omaha Millard South. Bailey is played SS at Millard last year but is described as a natural outfielder. She will be a junior at Millard this year so this is a Class of 2019 commitment.

http://journalstar.com/sports/high-school/varsity-blog/millard-south-s-urban-commits-to-wichita-state/article_97d35f0f-a514-59c3-aa22-60b9528f3189.html

Some video of Bailey on this site.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 22, 2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X