Softball Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softball Recruiting

Butler has two unsigned players, who are big time.

http://njcaa.org/sports/sball/2016-17/div1/releases/Minor

The other is Becca Schulte who originally committed to Oregon but has reopened her recruitment.

Also Megerle signed with Nebraska. Don't think we recruited her.

http://njcaa.org/sports/sball/2016-17/div1/releases/Mergele

Anybody have insight? They obviously could help us.

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Butler has two unsigned players, who are big time.

The other is Becca Schulte who originally committed to Oregon but has reopened her recruitment.

Also Megerle signed with Nebraska. Don't think we recruited her.

Anybody have insight? They obviously could help us.
    Clickable.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Clickable.
      Thanks!

Comment

Minor to KU via her Twitter, verified by Taylor Eldridge
        Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Oregon? Which is a far better program than either Nebraska or Kansas. Not to be rude, but did she reopen her recruitment or did Oregon reopen her recruitment?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            Oregon? Which is a far better program than either Nebraska or Kansas. Not to be rude, but did she reopen her recruitment or did Oregon reopen her recruitment?
            I don't know the answer to that. Maybe they encouraged her to reopen it, although I was trying to make the point she is a good player and remained unsigned.

Comment

If I remember right Coach B didn't think BUCO players were as prepared as they should be for DI in the past. It will be interesting to see how they do at the
              next level.

Comment

Originally posted by luvthoseshox View Post
                If I remember right Coach B didn't think BUCO players were as prepared as they should be for DI in the past. It will be interesting to see how they do at the
                next level.
                Perhaps she did say that specificallly about Butler County players, I couldn't say one way or the other, however I don't recall HCKB recruiting the juco ranks much at all during her tenure as WSU coach so perhaps she just prefers to recruit 4-year players. Also I could be dreaming this but seems like someone was posting some time back that perhaps the Butler HC wasn't particularly interested in helping WSU succeed and perhaps gently guided his players away from WSU. Either way I don't think Juco players have figured very prominently at WSU during th HCKB tenure.

Comment

If that's true its not a smart thing to say because you never know when one of those programs has a kid that can help you.
                  I remember when Gary Ward made the comment that Midwest kids were not good enough to play at Oklahoma State, so Gene went in and kicked Wards butt every year with Oklahoma players out of Ward's back yard!
                  Last edited by Quick Pitch; June 20, 2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Perhaps she did say that specificallly about Butler County players, I couldn't say one way or the other, however I don't recall HCKB recruiting the juco ranks much at all during her tenure as WSU coach so perhaps she just prefers to recruit 4-year players. Also I could be dreaming this but seems like someone was posting some time back that perhaps the Butler HC wasn't particularly interested in helping WSU succeed and perhaps gently guided his players away from WSU. Either way I don't think Juco players have figured very prominently at WSU during th HCKB tenure.
                    I know there is something there. But, you're right, she doesn't particularly show any interest in JUCO players overall. Maybe that will start to change if some of these BUCO players are able to succeed. You just don't hear of it much. Except Kaitlin Lee at Ole Miss of course. I think she's the exception.

Comment

Originally posted by luvthoseshox View Post
                      next level.
                      I can't believe she actually said that, it's just silly.

Comment

Good thing HCGM likes juco kids

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
                          I can't believe she actually said that, it's just silly.
                          I don't know that she actually did say that. I have no knowledge of her saying that and have not seen any evidence that establishes that she did say that. So it is probably a good move on your part to be skeptical about that sans any evidence to the contrary.

However, it does seem like HCKB does prefer to recruit 4 year players. She did recruit a Juco pitcher a couple of years ago but that didn't work out.

The last impact Juco I can remember for the Shocks was during Pooch's tenure with Ashly Bright. I would take a pitcher like her out of the Juco ranks in a heartbeat. Whether or not HCKB would share the opinion I couldn't say.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 23, 2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
                            Good thing HCGM likes juco kids
                            You are comparing apples and oranges - different sports with different development dynamics.

There is currently a juco kid on the roster - Morgan Palmer from Seminole State. They came to play fall ball, and she decided to come here for her last two years Was she recruited in the sense of the word we understand, or did she ask to come and HCKB said, Okay? I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                              You are comparing apples and oranges - different sports with different development dynamics.
                              Even if you are comparing men's basketball to women's basketball I think your statement holds true.

You can find some decent players at the Juco level in the women's game but the pool of quality players is much smaller than what is available on the men's side.

Comment

Working...
                              X