Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
    Connie Yori.
    There's no way ADDB would replace one coach who (apparently) resigned after allegations of player mistreatment with another coach who resigned for the very same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by JayPak View Post
      There's no way ADDB would replace one coach who (apparently) resigned after allegations of player mistreatment with another coach who resigned for the very same reason.
      I think @SPEShockAlum: forgot to turn on the facetious-alert.

Comment

Originally posted by JayPak View Post
        Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        I think @SPEShockAlum: forgot to turn on the facetious-alert.
        Was there ever anything that suggested inappropriate behavior at CU after the NU "resignation"? I'm not the AD, but I'd sure take a flyer.

Comment

ADDB has plenty of time to make his list and check it twice and maybe kick a few tires here and there.

Comment

Jim Littel or Jamie Ethridge for next coach!
            Last edited by boyshocker; January 23, 2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I am interested in what @oldtimewomen's hoopcoach: has to say on the path to improvement and success.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

This is of interest to the Bay Area? It is in the News/Education "section" of the paper which makes it even more strange.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                  This is of interest to the Bay Area? It is in the News/Education "section" of the paper which makes it even more strange.
                  The fact that it was tagged on my LinkedIn Wichita State news feed only adds to the strangeness.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Darren Boatright and Lidna Hargrove Press Conference Transcript

http://www.goshockers.com/news/2017/1/23/womens-basketball-darron-boatright-linda-hargrove-transcript.aspx

"Linda is not" a candidate to quote Linda.

Another quote from Linda:

"The main thing from my perspective si to not only try to be as successful as we can on the court, but it's to try to help these young women have a positive experience and feel good about the Wichita State women's basketball program and Wichita State University."
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 23, 2017, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Darren Boatright and Lidna Hargrove Press Conference Transcript

http://www.goshockers.com/news/2017/1/23/womens-basketball-darron-boatright-linda-hargrove-transcript.aspx

"Linda is not" a candidate to quote Linda.

Another quote from Linda:

"The main thing from my perspective si to not only try to be as successful as we can on the court, but it's to try to help these young women have a positive experience and feel good about the Wichita State women's basketball program and Wichita State University."
                      I like the decision and loved the great things she said about our university. Can't think of a better choice to lead us during the transition to a new coach. She has great connections and is well respected in the business. Slam dunk hire IMO.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You can't say that HCLH doesn't talk a good game. Of course, perhaps it would be surprise if she didn't talk a good game considering she has seen just about everything there is to see when it comes to Women's Basketball.

I am pretty pleased with the way ADDB has handled this situation. Not sure it could have been handled any better.

Comment

This link has video of the press conference:

http://www.goshockers.com/news/2017/1/23/womens-basketball-hargrove-announced-as-head-coach.aspx

They cut Linda off for the last couple of minutes of her comments but you can get those from the transcipt linked above. These were her comments about what make WSU a unique and special place to her and her thoughts on the talent level the Lady Shocks have.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 23, 2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Just one request. I'm hoping that Ohnaughty and LH take the lead on this hire and not defer to BE.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                              http://www.sfgate.com/news/education...t-10875656.php

I am interested in what @oldtimewomen's hoopcoach has to say on the path to improvement and success.
                              thats super odd! my mom and sisters live in the bay area and always hoenstly get positive comments or thumbs up for their wichita state gear.

My mom went to WSU for a couple years and then all 3 of them (mom and my sisters) all graduated from San Francisco State University.

They all try to go to as many wsu basketball and baseball games when in town!

Comment

What if @oldtimewomen's hoopcoach: is Linda herself?

Comment

Working...
                                X