No announcement yet.

WBB coach announcement today at 1:30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't disagree that he was stronger, but he didn't go as far as others had in the past. I think he could have even been bigger then what he was and in many eagle stories I felt he said as much.

Comment

• Geeezzz, who else are we going to blame for the demise of this program. Plain and simple she got paid very good money to do a job. She was unable to do it and was fired. If you attended any games you realized that you were watching a poorly prepared product. Love to have her for my godmother but not my basketball coach.

Comment

• She was interviewed on Sports Sunday last night. Bruce asked her about the local girls who have gotten away. She said she will try hard to get into good graces with the HS coaches and hopefully that will lead to WSU signing some of the "hometown" girls. This would be very important to the program if she can accomplish that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
          KR is one of the best and I don't think he's failed anyone. He does what he can based upon what the coaches want. There was an article about that over the summer with the mens program. And I don't think anyone thinks that the mens program wasn't in the right shape to play and compete.
          AGREED! ksooter doesn't realize that KR has been contracted by many PRO athletes to develop workouts. Not only this, he has been offered positions with PRO teams to be their S&C coach but has opted to stay at WSU.

Also, ksooter may not realize that the head coach dictates how much time the players spend doing S&C workouts. Jane may not have let KR do what he wanted to do with them...which was probably the case. I'm sure with the new coach, we'll see an improvement in the players conditioning as well.

Comment

• Yes, I know Kerry has worked with one of the Grant twins that played in the NBA, along with former major leaguer Lee Stevens, as well as former WSU players, Pat Meares, Mike Lansing, etc who went to play in the big leagues. However, if Kerry and his staff know that the workouts are not working then it his job to let the coaches know, as in the case when Nick went to Gene this past season for the baseball team. The baseball team use to be among the NCAA leaders in home runs, and the last few years that has dropped off. Time will tell if the new workouts for them will give them the strength and power to be among the NCAA leaders again. It is very evident that our basketball teams are not as strong as they were in seasons past. Yes, part of it is the athlete too, but when the athletes are going and working out during the off season as they are required to do by their coaches. There is a problem somewhere. If we hold coaches to be accountable for what they do THIS season, and not what they have done in the past, Kerry should also be included.
            It's that simple. I'm not bashing Kerry's character. I simply think that improvements need to made in the workouts for the basketball teams, they are not strong enough in the paint. The post players need to be able to go up strong for rebounds and finish plays, and they are not at this time. Also, we do not know if coaches have approached Kerry or even Schaus complaining about this or not, it's very possible they have expressed their concerns.

Comment

Working...
            X