Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane Albright gone

According to Shope on KAKE.

Now I'll have to buy another season ticket. 8)
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      Spangler, if this is true, I don't think Jane is going to be attending any games next year. No need to buy her a ticket.

:D

Comment

Also reported in the Wichita Eagle:

While I think it is time for a change, I was pulling for Jane be successful and I wish her no ill will. Best of luck to her in her future endeavors.

I am a little surprised that Jim Schaus did not wait until after the Shocks finisheded up in the MVC Tournament but I guess it really does not make all that much difference.

Comment

Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            Spangler, if this is true, I don't think Jane is going to be attending any games next year. No need to buy her a ticket.

:D
            Hey, I'm just a nice guy. ;-) :D

Comment

Wow! Jane received a $250,000 settlement to buy out her contract.

That was the one thing that I thought might allow her to hang on.

Barry Hinson should be so lucky. I think MSU bought him out for $150,000.

I suspect Jim Schaus learned a lesson the hard way this go round.

Comment

OK. Jim Schaus is a nicer guy than me. $250,000 is a very nice "Good Bye" gift.

Comment

He obviously did not have a "reasonable" buyout provision in her contract. Perhaps he should have insisted on that when Jane received her extension 2 years ago.

Comment

Cya Jane!! :yahoo:

Comment

Thank goodness, it's finally over!!!! Now let the replacement talk really heat up.

Comment

Notice the release date on GoShockers article is 3-11-08 and it references
                        Wednesday (tomorrow).

Ring ... Ring ....
                        Hello
                        Is Jim Littrell there? ...
                        speaking
                        Hi Jim, We're interested in talking to you about a great opportunity....

Comment

Snapshot9 and wxkid23... have some class, not only did someone who cares alot about women's basketball and Wichita State lose her job, but the girls on the team just lost a friend and a coach they cared about. Sure everyone was frustrated with the losses but really have some freaking class. There are a lot of people who care about Jane. And for the record if you want someone in particular to become the new coach perhaps you should learn how to properly spell his name.

Comment

It's not really a gift. She has a contract. WSU is obligated to fulfill their part of the contract which is to pay her.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerball05
                              Snapshot9 and wxkid23... have some class, not only did someone who cares alot about women's basketball and Wichita State lose her job, but the girls on the team just lost a friend and a coach they cared about. Sure everyone was frustrated with the losses but really have some freaking class. There are a lot of people who care about Jane. And for the record if you want someone in particular to become the new coach perhaps you should learn how to properly spell his name.
                              No one is happy with the wins and losses, especially Jane. She ran a program about as clean as anyone is ever going to and the young ladies that graduate are going to be assets to our community, even more so than they have already been. She has taken the losing with grace and dignity and I never heard her complain once.

Everyone understands the business side of things. It is unfortunate but it had to be done. Frankly, I am happy she gets the big check. It's the best thing for everyone involved.

I would assume we already have a coach lined up.

Comment

Working...
                              X