No announcement yet.

Jane Albright gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is NO reason you could not negotiate, as part of the multi-year extension, a reasonable buyout with certain minumum peformance standards that would allow you to buyout the Coach if such minimum standards were not achieved. Especially as you move down the food chain of sports.

The gives the Coach the needed multi-year extension for recruiting but allows the school to be able to make a needed change at a more reasonable cost.

The Coach could always refuse to sign such an agreement and go without the extension. You could then begin planning your Coachning change at that point.

I think Jim Schaus, because of his high regard for Jane as a person, was convinced the program was on it's way after the 15-13 season three years ago. Unfortunately, that did not prove to be the case.

Comment

tap! tap! I can just here Barry now, 'Heck, Jane had a much worse record than I did, and got twice as much when they slammed the door'.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
        Originally posted by WuDrWu
        OK. Jim Schaus is a nicer guy than me. $250,000 is a very nice "Good Bye" gift.

It's not really a gift. She has a contract. WSU is obligated to fulfill their part of the contract which is to pay her.
        The gift was (a) the contract extension in the past and (b) the lack of an appropriate (and reasonable) buyout option for WSU.

I understand what you are saying but a)no significant D1 program is going to have a contract with a coach that doesn't roll over or get extended. You simply cannot compete in recruiting without it. No one will ever sign if you only have a one year deal.

b)refer to a as it's part of the same thing. Buyouts work the other way. Like Mark buying his way out of the contract. If you have a $50k buyout for instance on a 3 year deal at 115k per...no coach is going to agree to that and no recruit is going to sign with you because there is no assurance you'll be there.

The deal for less than the $345 ish owed to her was good for all sides.
        Then explain Barry Hinson's one year extension and minimal buyout.
        I would have to examine the details of Barry's contract but on the surface I would lean on my quote of "no significant D1 program" which would immediately exclude Missouri State. :D

Comment

I would add that, if in fact he had a 1 year (or 2 year) deal, then look no further than the depth and quality of Fr and So the program has right now. Their talent base is WAY down.

That is a sinking ship over there and whoever gets the job is in for some serious work.

Comment

I would have to examine the details of Barry's contract but on the surface I would lean on my quote of "no significant D1 program" which would immediately exclude Missouri State. :D

Doc: You just won me over. :lol:
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
            X