Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF jim pulls the metaphorical trigger.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF jim pulls the metaphorical trigger.....

....at the end of the womens' season, when will it be?
    * next day?
    * within 3 days?
    * within a week?
    * within a month?
    * inappropriate question?

Jim fired Smithson the night of their last game in St. Louis. So does that help any?

Comment

...works for me.... :D

Comment

I rather he save JA a trip to St. Louis.

Comment

It'd be within a few days for sure. If it goes over a week it would make it seem as she'd be returning.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My uninformed guess is that Jane is back next year; I hope I'm wrong. One reason I think this is that their common views on religion (to the extent that I can determine them based on media reports, posts here, etc.) may provide a bond which Jim is unwilling to break.
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Spanglerfan--I imagine you are right in that Jane will be back next year, but I doubt that a common religion will play into the decision. In reading this forum, one would come to a conclusion that there is not any support for retaining her as coach here. That would be an inaccurate conclusion, however. Over 100 people took part in the Free Throw a Thon fundraiser last year which raised $35,000 or so for the program. I have polled those who were captains, and find that there is very strong support for this coaching staff and what they are doing. People are admittedly disappointed with the way this season has gone, but people see an improved defense, progressively improved recruiting, and, of course, the great community and academic achievements which continue.
              Again, as DeGarmo and Sam Smith put on muscle, they should become dominant Valley players. The other freshmen are going to be exciting, as well. And having Whitney Rice healthy is already making a difference. What would the Shocker record have been if Whitney had not had her health problems over the past season and a half? Unfortunately, we will never know...but it sure is great to have her back!
              As for next years' recruits, yesterday i heard that an opposing team last week tried running a triangle and 2 defense against Kayla Rice's team...with two defenders on Kayla at all times and the triangle to cover the other 4 members of her team. Apparently, she scored 25 points and had 5 assists, despite that!
              Val Siemens' competitiveness and shooting ability is also something to look forward to next year.
              I think that the fact that Albright and her staff have now assembled the foundation for an exciting Valley team will influence Schaus to retain this staff.

Comment

trufan: You have your sources and I have my sources. Who knows which of us is right?
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

If you are saying that you have a source that says that religion is the REASON Schaus would retain Albright....I would say that the only source which could be of any credibility on that issue would be Schaus himself. Are you saying that HE said that?

Comment

whether i'm for jane to stay or not...and i don't want her back...religion, pro or con, is NEVER the reason...

Comment

Originally posted by trufan
                      If you are saying that you have a source that says that religion is the REASON Schaus would retain Albright....I would say that the only source which could be of any credibility on that issue would be Schaus himself. Are you saying that HE said that?
                      :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are trying to put words in my mouth. I said what I said and I stand by that. Work on your reading comprehension. ;-) (Also, relax a little.)

Comment

Spangler--I guess your post was (and remains) unclear...what i was trying to ascertain was if our differing sources had to do with the question of religion, or how exciting these new players are, or how much support there is for the current staff. If you look at your previous post, it could be about any of these.
                        I did not intend to put words in your mouth...simply trying to clarify your ambiguous post.
                        P.S. I wish there was an emoticon that would convey how relaxed i am...Would the one in sunglasses work, or would that just seem too cool/arrogant? I am open for suggestions....
                        :goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by trufan
                          Spangler--I guess your post was (and remains) unclear...what i was trying to ascertain was if our differing sources had to do with the question of religion, or how exciting these new players are, or how much support there is for the current staff. If you look at your previous post, it could be about any of these.
                          I did not intend to put words in your mouth...simply trying to clarify your ambiguous post.
                          P.S. I wish there was an emoticon that would convey how relaxed i am...Would the one in sunglasses work, or would that just seem too cool/arrogant? I am open for suggestions....
                          :goshocks:
                          Dont use the 8) emoticon... it's reserved for Cold. :D
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Where's the one with a margarita and flip-flops? That would show "relaxed", wouldn't it?

Comment

Nobody I've talked to supports Jane coming back. Some were season ticket holders who refuse to go to another game until a change is made. Others are people who want to support the program but can't justify the gas spent driving into the games. Some are people who attend every game and are sick of seeing the team perform like it is. And some of us only go because we know a player or two on the team. But we all agree that Jane should not return.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X