Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF jim pulls the metaphorical trigger.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trufan, I think in earlier years the free throw a thon, raisded closer to between 38,000 and 53,000, the last year respectively. Couldn't JA get her own ideas, but had to use someone else's. I do know there was one team alone that raised between 8500 and 10000, two seasons, and I know that team isn't particiapting anymore, nor do any of them attend games anymore.

Polling the team captains, not a good assessment of lack of interest in this program, when those people are usually hand picked for their fund raising abilities, and support of the program. So I wouldn't think any of them would cast a desenting vote, but I will bet ya, that finding shooters on their teams, will be a tougher task, if this fiasco is allowed to continue.

Another thought, with money being raised for other things, it isn't a good time to throw 300,000 plus dollars in the trash, is it...so we are probably stuck with her, religion or not.

Comment

SubGod-- I definitely hear you about a number of fans losing interest in the program. That is a natural phenomenon when teams are not winning consistently. And i wasn't trying to say whether there were more fans in the "keep jane" camp or in the "dump jane" camp. I think i am just trying to bring some sense of balance to this particular forum. Twelve (just an arbitrary number i picked) voices in unison on a message board can make things look one way...but many other people are actually in support of this coaching staff, they just don't visit message boards, etc. Again, I am not trying to quantify the number in one camp or another, just saying that it's not nearly as one-sided as reading this board would lead one to believe.[/i]

Comment

Bible studies and spiritual meetings are great and seeing young people involved is even better. But these should take place outside team time, ie.. bus rides, locker rooms etc. I could see where a player might feel obligated to attend and even feel it could help their playing time, whether it is true or not I do not know.
        I know of some very fine christians who have lost their jobs and they have ended up in better places. If we needed a spiritual leader I would keep her, but we need someone who can recruit, motivate and compete. That is my sermon for today, I will hang up and listen.

Comment

Jane must go :good:

I likely won't attend another game until she is gone.... I could go watch just as good of basketball at a good Biddy game.

Comment

Well, I have family members who have had season tickets the last few years, and they just don't want to go anymore, and will not renew the season tickets.

She needs to go.

Comment

regardless of whether or not she is staying or not... she is THE WORST coach I have ever seen... Things will play out as they need to but if it was my choice i would have fired her after the season last year.. She had all the talent in the world and did nothing with it.. The most frustrating part.. She is such a bad coach but still probably makes 6 digits easy.. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY :-x

Comment

2 great coaches (and programs) on the turnpike northeast of you guys. I'd take a look at them.

Comment

k-state???????????? mike beasley state?

he IS fun to watch....but i wish frank would quit wearing his suits with the coat hanger still in it....

Comment

Ultimately, the people that spend the money and support the program will have the final say in dropped season tickets and contributions. A program that doesn't make money to begin with can't afford to lose alot of its support. JS is no dummy, and knows what he has to do (at least I hope he isn't a dummy).

Comment

I think its safe to say the this thread title needs to be changed to "When jim pulls the metaphorical trigger"
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I may be wrong but I think Saul may have been referring to the team Deb coaches. A win over KU on Wednesday means a tie for the Big XII title. With four Kansas women starting and the entire team on the Big XII honor roll.

And, at the risk of sounding like a dirty old man, most of them are damn fine looking ladies too! :D

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat
                          I may be wrong but I think Saul may have been referring to the team Deb coaches. A win over KU on Wednesday means a tie for the Big XII title. With four Kansas women starting and the entire team on the Big XII honor roll.

And, at the risk of sounding like a dirty old man, most of them are damn fine looking ladies too! :D
                          No, I was not.

I was referring to the head coaches at Emporia State and Washburn. Last time I checked, Manhattan was not located on the turnpike.

Comment

My Bad

Thanks for the correction Saul.
                            Why would those coaches want to step down to the level of Valley women's play? It's horrible!

Comment

because it's an EASY place to build a power...

Comment

Originally posted by trufan
                                Where's the one with a margarita and flip-flops? That would show "relaxed", wouldn't it?
                                My kinda fan, if you replace flip-flops for tevas :good:
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X