No announcement yet.

MVC Women's Golf Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like we will get the scores for Hollie and Bryce over their final 5 holes dumped all at once plus 3 holes remaining for Meghan and 1 for Hannah.

Perhaps they have decided to wait until everyone finishes up to post the final scores.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 23, 2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Hopefully they haven't posted the score for Bryce because they need to verify that she actually went 1, 4, 3, 3 over the last 4 holes.

Comment

Ugh...pretty much out of it now. We have to count Hollie's 89 because Sarah is already +20 on the day. We're 6 back now, trying to hang on to 3rd.

Comment

Oh, Oh. Hollie with a crazy up and down (mostly down finish).

She followed her Quad on #13 with a Birdie on #14, but then put up another Quad on #15, followed by a par on #16, then a Double on #17 and a Birdie on #18.

As Doc says that ain't gonna get 'er done. At this point just looking for the Lady Shocks to finish better than their 5th place pre-tournament pick.

Comment

Tied for 3rd, but we have some players in the house. If Meghan Schuetz could somehow get home at +9 I think that would be good enough for 2nd....and then see how ISU finishes.

Comment

Bryce in the house with a very good 6-over 78. Sitting in 3rd for medalist honors. Great job young lady.

A relatively poor 1st round (+13) will probably keep her off the medalist stand. Nevertheless, a very nice performance from the freshman.

Comment

Hold on ladies...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Pretty likely given the conditions (it's now sleeting sideways) that her score will be good enough for 2nd. Barring a double digit score on the 18th from ISUr's Katie Jean, she's your winner.

Comment

All-Conference team includes the Top 5 finishers (plus ties) in the Conference Championship so looks like Bryce will win All-Conference honors as a frosh. Congratulations Bryce.

Bryce finishes tied for 2nd place.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 23, 2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Shocks hang for a 2nd place finish. Nice job Ladies.

Doc, you were right +110 would have won it easily.

On the positive side the Shocks were lead by two freshman over the final 2 rounds. The Shocks were perhaps just 1 golfer short on the depth chart of winning this Championship.

Kudos to all the Ladies who battled through today's conditions. Thumbs down to the MVC for not providing for a "Rain Day".
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 23, 2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Bryce finished tied for 2nd and that CU girl I mentioned was just 1 stroke back of Bryce.

Tough tourney with a good result for the Shocks, all but cinching the All Sports Title. Women's Golf was pretty much the last unknown coming home. We know softball is going to put up a big number but that's it. Lot's of 1s and 2s this year.

Comment

• Not sure I've ever seen someone go 9 - 2 - 9 on their scorecard.

In a tournament once I started Mac Park 7 - 1 - 5 - 3 ....I was even after four holes without a par. 9-2-9 is tough considering both 9s were on short par 5s.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Not sure I've ever seen someone go 9 - 2 - 9 on their scorecard.

In a tournament once I started Mac Park 7 - 1 - 5 - 3 ....I was even after four holes without a par. 9-2-9 is tough considering both 9s were on short par 5s.
                            There were two 10's on Augusta National's #13 (only about a 150 yard hole) at this year's Masters.

Comment

• We now have a women's golf thread that is longer than any baseball thread this season I believe.

From the way it sounds, the ladies did a fantastic job. Hopefully the all sports trophy finds its way home again.

Comment

• Way to play tough this week ladies. The future looks bright.

Comment

Working...
                                X