X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the updates!!!
    :-)

Comment

Bradley's Lemek made a triple-bogey on 17 and the Shocks hang on to their 1-stroke lead at the end of two rounds but you can throw a blanket over the top 4 teams.

SIU is 1 back, BU and MSU are 3 back. ILS still in contention at 8 back.

Comment

WSU will take the lead into the final day.

Shocks lead by 1 over SIU, by 3 over Missouri State and Bradley, by 8 over Illinois State and by 21 over Indiana State.

Comment

Shocks youth and inexperience came through today.

Freshman Megan Schuetz improved from +14 to +9. Freshman Bryce Schroeder improved from +13 to +3. Senior Sarah Gilbert, switching from track to golf her senior year, improved from +11 to +7.

Shocks needed those performances as our two most experienced players, Seniors Hannah Martin (+6 to +12) and Hollie Weatherburn (+7 to +10) fell off a little today from their 1st round performances.

Will the young ladies be able to stay cool, calm and collected for one more round. I will take a +28 for the final round right now and take my chances.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            WSU will take the lead into the final day.

Shocks lead by 1 over SIU, by 3 over Missouri State and Bradley, by 8 over Illinois State and by 21 over Indiana State.
            I think you and 1972 have just qualified for roving reporter duty for Kennedy at the Webb.com Air Capital Classic (formerly PHS Wichita Open). Nice job gents!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I will take a +28 for the final round right now and take my chances.

You and me both brotha. I'd take four 79s and never think twice about it.

Comment

This could get interesting.

I found this in the MVC Women's Golf Championship Handbook (Page 7, Section 31):

Stoppage of Play: The Championship Committee shall handle any questions concerning playable weather or course conditions. Every effort will be made to complete the tournament, but there will be no "rain day". If conditions prevent the completion of the tournament, the Committee may declare the leader the Conference Champion.

Now for the weather report for Sunrise Beach:

50% chance of rain showers beginning around 11:00 pm tonight increasing to 70% chance at 3:00 am Tuesday, to 80% chance by Noon tomorrow and 90% at 3:00 pm with rain chances continuing through the late evening on Tuesday. Temperatures begin steadily falling from 57 at 11:00 pm tonight to 41 at 2:00 pm tomorrow.

If they can play, conditions will not be good.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 22, 2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  This could get interesting.

I found this in the MVC Women's Golf Championship Handbook (Page 7, Section 31):

Stoppage of Play: The Championship Committee shall handle any questions concerning playable weather or course conditions. Every effort will be made to complete the tournament, but there will be no "rain day". If conditions prevent the completion of the tournament, the Committee may declare the leader the Conference Champion.

Now for the weather report for Sunrise Beach:

50% chance of rain showers beginning around 11:00 pm tonight increasing to 70% chance at 3:00 am Tuesday, to 80% chance by Noon tomorrow and 90% at 3:00 pm with rain chances continuing through the late eveining on Tuesday. Temperatures begin steadily falling from 57 at 11:00 pm tonight to 41 at 2:00 pm tomorrow.

If they can play, conditions will not be good.
                  The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I did not realize that the Shocker Women have never won a Valley Golf Championship.

SUNRISE BEACH, Mo.- The Wichita State women's golf team will head into the final round of the Missouri Valley Conference Championship in first place after the completed the second round on Monday at The Club at Poro Cima.

The Shocker women will look to capture the program’s first ever MVC Championship on Tuesday. The final round begins at 9 a.m. Live stats can be followed on GolfStat.com and results will be posted on GoShockers.com following the completion of play.
                    Hmmmm. It has been a year of firsts for the Shocks. Let's hope it continues.

Good Luck Ladies.

Comment

Not that I am complaining, but when was the last time a Women's golf tourney got more posts than a 3 game baseball series?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        Not that I am complaining, but when was the last time a Women's golf tourney got more posts than a 3 game baseball series?
                        The 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                          Since:

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but with not just rain (and it's raining there right now) but with thunderstorms, I don't know how they are going to even begin to entertain completing a round of golf.

Maybe they can find a window to get a round started, but unless the weather changes dramatically, with the lightning associated with the current storms, I can't see them putting anyone on the course.

Now, being that it's at MSU and they were favored to win, and being that WSU is currently leading, I am certain EVERY effort will be made to get the golf in.....but it will surprise me if the current weather holds and anyone tees off.

Comment

"Every effort will be made"........

They aren't kidding. Already they've moved back the tee time to 10 and scheduled a shotgun start.

I wonder what the decision would be if they can only get in a partial round?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                I wonder what the decision would be if they can only get in a partial round?
                                The Championship Handbook states the following:

Interruption of Round: If play during a particular round must be stopped adn all groups have played at least 9 holes of golf, scores shall be kept an play shall be continued the next day from the same spot where the ball lies and mark at the same time. As a result of extenuating circumstances, the Championship Committee may allow a portion of the field to resume play in order to ensure that the entire fied coumpletes nine (9) holoes of play for that day.
                                Not sure that this really covers today very well since there is no "rain day" there can be no carryover of play until tomorrow. Also, assuming all groups finish at least 9 holes today will they recognize scores for the number of holes all teams have completed? With a normal start this would probably be acceptable. However, with a shot-gun start none of the groups will have completed the same holes. I think the bottom line is it will come down to whatever the Championship Committee decides to do. The Championship Committee is composed of the Head Coaches with an appointed MVC official casting a deciding vote in the event of a tie.

IMHO, I think the best solution would be to allow at least one "rain day". Playing this final round tomorrow would be much preferrable than playing in today's conditions.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 23, 2013, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X