No announcement yet.

Updates on Shocker SB Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shockers will not be getting Jessi Haffner as she committed to Oklahoma State on Sunday morning. Haffner earlier in the summer defeated the Southern California Athletics (No. 1 ranked in the USA) in a shutout win and was offered by OSU and Kentucky who both had coaches watching her at that game. Haffner has thrown three consecutive Class 5A championship games in Kansas winning all three.

Comment

Understand that HCKB was on hand on Thursday to see Kennedy Long nail her first homer of the summer. Renegades went 2-2 in pool play while Mustangs were 4-0 in Colorado. Brackets start today.

Comment

The Wichita Renegades 16 team just finished a run through the Colorado Fireworks Tournament featuring 64 of the top units in the country with a 4-3 loss to USA Athletics which featured top softball athletes as you guessed it, from around the USA. Several local players on this team are well worth taking a look at as most will move into their junior seasons next year along with a few sophomores.

2014 commitment Hunter Hogan (Bishop Carroll who plays left field for the Mustangs and center field for BC) and her team are still in the hunt now in the final four as they defeated Team Bownet 8-1 this morning to advance. The Mustangs will be playing the Firecrackers team which won over the Texas Bombers 5-4 next up. A win puts them in the championship game of the Fireworks Tournament. That Finney girl from Maize had a home run and a double in the championship game of bracket play to put the Mustangs into the final eight bracket btw.

Comment

Bishop Carroll junior catcher Lauren Buchanan committed to Colorado State late this afternoon.

Comment

Since this is a "Shocker" recruit thread I thought I would mention that WSU has shown some interest in Maize South's Kelsey Sterneker. Especially after this week in Colorado.

Comment

Glad to hear Sterneker getting the look. I think she has the best movement on the ball than most of the pitchers in this area, even better than some of the recent D1 commits. She just needs to get stronger and that will happen, a good pitching coach in college could take her a long way.

Comment

Is the rumor true that Morgan Bohannon has de-committed to WSU? Anyone know why?

Comment

Originally posted by luvthoseshox View Post
                  Is the rumor true that Morgan Bohannon has de-committed to WSU? Anyone know why?
                  From Hovpen site "Morgan Bohanan has decommitted from WSU and has re-opened her recruitment."

Comment

Originally posted by Quick Pitch View Post
                    From Hovpen site "Morgan Bohanan has decommitted from WSU and has re-opened her recruitment."
                    Hovpen will probably have to supply the why. Send him an email via his site to come here and answer the question? I don't have access to his site, or I would try to do that.

But everyone's first guess would be that she had a good summer and has gotten feelers from other programs.

Comment

Word has it that Kelsey Sterneker has committed to WSU.

Comment

Luv- I think you are right on Sterneker, good pickup for the Shocks. Look for Bohannon to end up at Butler CC.

Comment

Bohannon has committed to KU.

Comment

HCKB announces her 2014 recruiting class:

WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita State softball head coach Kristi Bredbenner announced Wednesday the signing of five student-athletes in her 2014 recruiting class.

Comment

Three local girls. Very exciting, I hope they can make a positive impact from day one.

Comment

There are a total of 16 girls within a 30 mile radius of campus who have committed Division I either Softball or Volleyball as of this typing. That's not bad for the area. Also several have gone to D-11 schools that are quite capable of beating around half of the D-1's in the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X