Updates on Shocker SB Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvthoseshox View Post
    Hovpen - I just don't get the whole Finney thing. I saw her play a few times this year and was unimpressed with her all around. First base, didn't do much there, pitcher - walked quite a few and got hit, hitting - tried to swing for the fences and ended up popping up instead. Is she on your list because she's a Mustang? If not, why? I saw her playing with the 16u Mustang's this weekend. If she's all that, then why?
    She is on my list because I like her. I don't need another reason. Next complaint.

Comment

That's what I thought. You just validated the reason why I don't take your lists seriously AT ALL.

Next.
      Last edited by luvthoseshox; June 6, 2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by luvthoseshox View Post
        That's what I thought. You just validated the reason why I don't take your lists seriously AT ALL.

Next.
        I noticed Finney was recruited to play for OU, which I believe just won the National Championship. That would seem to provide some validation to Finney wouldn't it?

Comment

It would seem to until you see her play and then you wonder WTF?

Comment

Well, I'm sure the OU coaches kind of know what they are doing. With the OU coaches offering her, I'd be stupid not to have her on our first team. Face it. You don't like her because she plays for the Mustangs. She did hit 461 with four home runs, three triples and six doubles this season with an ERA of 0.86 striking out 62 in 73 innings pitched and opponents hitting at a .198 pace against her. She struck out only once at the plate and in return, opponents hit one home run and two doubles off her for only three extra base hits for the season. Those look like fairly good numbers to me. I do agree she walked too many hitters, but that in my opinion was the pitch calling. Time will tell.

Heck, you didn't like Kelsey Stewart either. She did ok for herself.
            Last edited by Hovpen; June 6, 2013, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Is the Quick girl D1 talent? Could she help the Shocks?

Comment

Since I don't know anything about the game, I'll let someone else answer that.

Comment

She isn't the only Mustang on that list. She's just the only one I disagree with as I wasn't impressed with her. Sorry to get your knickers in a twist. It's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen View Post
                    Since I don't know anything about the game, I'll let someone else answer that.
                    I hope you know I have the utmost respect concerning your knowledge of the game. I look forward to your analysis, even if it's brief.

Comment

Rumblings out of the KC tournament this weekend have Bailey Holt with four home runs for the Renegades. Also I believe Hunter Hogan had a hand with the Mustangs handing the No. 1 ranked team in the Nation the Southern Cal Athletics a 2-0 loss on Saturday. Stangs also beat the Arizona Storm 1-0 Friday night in the tournament. They lost to the Southern Cal Explosion and the No. 2 ranked Firecrackers.

Comment

If you have Game Changer, Bailey Holt is hot. The Mulvane / Renegades catcher was 3-3 this morning in a Renegade win with two additional HR (6 for the weekend now) and 7-RBI's. They currently are playing the KC Peppers Gold team and yes, Jenni Brooks is in the circle for the Peppers and will be throwing against her future teammates in Holt and Kennedy Long (could be interesting here as they will be roomies at WSU). Peppers have nine D-1 commitments, 1D-2 and 1-NAIA plus one that will not play SB in college due to career choice when she starts college.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen View Post
                          If you have Game Changer, Bailey Holt is hot. The Mulvane / Renegades catcher was 3-3 this morning in a Renegade win with two additional HR (6 for the weekend now) and 7-RBI's. They currently are playing the KC Peppers Gold team and yes, Jenni Brooks is in the circle for the Peppers and will be throwing against her future teammates in Holt and Kennedy Long (could be interesting here as they will be roomies at WSU). Peppers have nine D-1 commitments, 1D-2 and 1-NAIA plus one that will not play SB in college due to career choice when she starts college.
                          Would love to get a report ont his game.

Comment

Well, in spite of Jenni throwing a three hitter at the 'Gades, she lost 2-1. That's a big win for the Renegade team. Maize South senior to be and uncommitted Kelsey Sterneker got the win giving up seven hits. Peppers did make two errors.

Comment

Thanks for all the updates @Hovpen. You're posts are getting me more and more interested in following the Shocker SB'rs closer than I have for a number of years.

Comment

Morgan Bohanan is playing with the Tulsa Elite team this summer and one of our scouts saw her hit a 250 shot off of a girl that has committed to Texas on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X