No announcement yet.

Shocks WBB - Final Home Stand vs EU and SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Can someone please explain the towel baton hand off thing to me.
    I think it insures the players are communicating their defensive assignments to the player they are replacing.

2) I never really thought about it but at their height / athletic level, if they give up a steal it is a home run every time. There is no chance of blocking the layup.
    Not sure you can say no chance. I have seen the Shocks recover on breakaway layups and make blocks. But your right it is a totally different game than the men play.

3) What in the hell was Jody Adams wearing?
    One of her more conservative outfits.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      :)

Comment

I think it insures the players are communicating their defensive assignments to the player they are replacing.
        Not sure you can say no chance. I have seen the Shocks recover on breakaway layups and make blocks. But your right it is a totally different game than the men play.
        Can't they communicate that by ... paying attention?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
          Can't they communicate that by ... paying attention?
          We are talking about video game era college kids? I may not even have the right reason for why they do that. Good question to call into Jody's radio show on Monday night (if it is not snowed out). She doesn't get very many calls anyway.

Comment

We are talking about video game era college kids? I may not even have the right reason for why they do that. Good question to call into Jody's radio show on Monday night (if it is not snowed out). She doesn't get very many calls anyway.
            Back in the day, we did it with our warm up jacket. It forced us to take a second to know who we were guarding or defense and press set we were in and zone or man offense. This was done so a ref couldn't call us for delay of game as we in theory were merely handing off our warm up. An example we would call the number of the man, the press was a number either 73 for 3/4 press or 90 for full court and black for man or "X" for zone. Why Jody does, I'm not sure, as I have seen the players unwrap the towel for a fresh towel maybe for sanitary reasons.

Comment

Working...
            X