Shocks WBB - Final Home Stand vs EU and SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks WBB - Final Home Stand vs EU and SIU

The Lady Shocks (11-2) come home for the final home stand of the season clinging to a one-game lead over Creighton with five games to go. After this home stand the Shocks face three tough road games @ILS, @INS and @MSU to close out the season. This makes these two home games must wins in my book.

Here are the Evansville Aces Game Notes.

Evansville was the early surprise of the Valley winning 5 of their first six before losing to the Shocks in Evansville on January 27th. Early in the Aces following game against Bradley, the Aces leading scoring 5-8 RSo G Khristian Hart went down with a season-ending injury (knee I think). The Aces have now lost 5 of the last 6 to even their Valley record at 6-6.

The Aces strength at this point is clearly on the inside with 6-2 SR F/C Samantha Heck (12.9 PPG, 7.7 RPG) and 6-1 So F Mallory Ladd (11.9 PPG, 8.9 RPG). Interestingly, Heck is the Aces best % 3-point shooter at 40.3%.

The game will be played as scheduled but the Shocker AD encourages Shocker fans to use good judgement in deciding whether to attend the game. WSU will offer a FREE live web sream on Shocker Vision tonight.

I believe I will pass on tackling the roads tonight but I will be pulling for you Ladies.

:poster_shocks:

This is also probably the final weekend that we can reasonably expect any help from other league members.

Creighton is playing on the road at UNI tonight and BU on Saturday and will be a slight favorite in both games. Still if UNI and BU play well they are both capable of pulling the upset. Perhaps the best shot for an upset is at UNI tonight.

After this weekend CU gets Drake, Evansville and Southern Illinois at home all games they should win with relative ease.

Illinois State is also lurking 2 games behind the Shocks at 9-4. Illinois State plays its only game this week at Indiana State (8-5) on Sunday. In addition, to hosting the Shocks and MSU, the Redbirds go on the road to face UNI and Bradley on the final weekend of the regular season.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 21, 2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Slow start for the Shocks as they trail 4-6 at the 1st media timeout. Chynna can't guard Samantha Heck and Evansville daring Bugg Jones to shoot. Which she is doing very poorly.

Comment

Shocks trailing 7-14 at the under 12 mediat time-out looking like anything but a championship team. Shocks not really playing well on either end of the court.

Hopefully, the get it going sooner than later.

Comment

This ain't good. In no way shape or form.

Comment

Sorry, they would have to pay me for subscribing to Shockervision. Maybe I should give the athletic department a mulligan because of the weather? Someone please tell me it's normally better than this? Oh, and no sound and can't see the score 75% of the time.

I do appreciate them offering the service FREE tonight, but @&$%^£¥€<#|\, this crap increases my heart rate to a dangerous level. Not to mention watching the team sleepwalk out of the lockerroom.

Common ladies!!
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shocks picking it up behind the all-around play of Alex Harden. Rally to tie the game at 26-all at the final media timeout.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Sorry, they would have to pay me for subscribing to Shockervision. Maybe I should give the athletic department a mulligan because of the weather? Someone please tell me it's normally better than this? Oh, and no sound and can't see the score 75% of the time.

I do appreciate them offering the service FREE tonight, but @&$%^£¥€<#|\, this crap increases my heart rate to a dangerous level. Not to mention watching the team sleepwalk out of the lockerroom.

Common ladies!!
                Be careful, it's possible that your eyeballs will be permanently fluttering after watching this.

Comment

Shocks turn an 11-point deficit into an 8-point lead at the half at 34-26 behind Alex Harden's all-around play and the shooting of Darice Fountaine. Shocks with a 25-6 run over the final 8 or 9 minutes of the half.

Shocks finally got around to getting the ball in the hand of their scorers, got some steals and runouts and did a good job on the boards denying Evansville any second chances.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 21, 2013, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Be careful, it's possible that your eyeballs will be permanently fluttering after watching this.
                    I had to step away for a few minutes to take care of some personal business. Poof, I return to find we've awakened. Nowthe sound switch has just been turned on. Hope the old eyeballs recover for the second half.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Alex Harden carrying the Shocks with outstanding all-aroung play. Defense, steals, rebounding, scoring, assisting. Shocks up 42-28 with 17 minutes to go.

Comment

Dang, Jody get the heck out the press.

Comment

This is Conference Player-of-the-Year quality stuff from Alex Harden.

Evansville's Samantha Heck is pretty much single-handedly keeping Evansville more or less in the game.

Shocks up 56-43.

Comment

Michaela has sure never seen a shot she didn't like.

Comment

Nicole Wells gets a rare basket off a nice feed from Darice.

Comment

Working...
                              X