No announcement yet.

Shocks WBB - Final Home Stand vs EU and SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicole with a nice 6-foot bank shot off the pick-and-roll. Nice job Nicole. Good for her.

Comment

After a horrible first 10 minutes the Lady Shocks found their A game and played solid final 30 minutes, eventually wearing down Evansville, for a 68-49 win.

Comment

The sound returned and then the video turned choppy... I couldn't take it any longer and went to radio which was much more tolerable. I'm sending ADES an email and an invoice for a pair of Hillary 'double vision' glasses. I've never checked out Shockervision before; please don't tell me this is normal? My wife and I watch local high school games with much better quality than this.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Michaela has sure never seen a shot she didn't like.
          :) The same thought has crossed my mind a time or two. Or three.

Comment

HCJA cited Alex setting the tempo for getting us going (as noted above), and the energy that Michelle Price brings, coming off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Be careful, it's possible that your eyeballs will be permanently fluttering after watching this.
              Just noticed a couple of benefits from watching Shockervision...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I meant to note - I think there were about 150 of the Shockers' foul-weather friends in attendance, counting the Evansville bus driver.

And the Evansville coach used all five of his timeouts, two of them quite late when the outcome was no longer in doubt. I assumed it was because Jody kept the press on late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                  HCJA cited Alex setting the tempo for getting us going (as noted above), and the energy that Michelle Price brings, coming off the bench.
                  Michelle is playing her best ball of the year. Not only bringing great energy off the bench but also adding some badly needed offensive efficiency. The thing with Michelle is that I think she generally inderstands what she can and can't do well. I did like the two mid-range jumpers Michelle hit tonight. She also hit one agaisnt Creighton. If she can consistently add that dimension to her game she becomes a much more dangerous weapon.

Comment

No help from UNI tonight. Creighton 73 - Northern Iowa 66.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                      And the Evansville coach used all five of his timeouts, two of them quite late when the outcome was no longer in doubt. I assumed it was because Jody kept the press on late in the game.
                      Could be, but Jody did take Alex out of the game with about 5 or 6 minutes to go.

How about this line for Alex: 10-11 FG's, 3-3 FT's for 23 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals and 1 block and a partridge in a pear tree.

From the Eagle game report:

Harden excelled defensively, guarding all five spots on the court at different points. One possession saw her start out on Evansville’s best post, 6-foot-2 Samantha Heck, then switch to its 5-foot-6 point guard Laura Friday and ended in an Evansville turnover.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 22, 2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Senior night coming up next against last place Southern Illinois (4-20, 1-12) on Saturday night at 7:00 pm. I believe I heard Jody say that they will recognize the seniors after the game. Not sure that is a good idea, but we will see. Seems like someone else tried that a number of years back and it didn't go well in terms of fans hanging around.

SIU actually gave the Shocks a pretty good game in Carbondale. It was the 1st game after their Head Coach had resigned her position plus Jaz Gordon was sidelined with her concussion.

SIU gave MSU a tough game Wednesday night in Springfield before losing 81-74. SIU lead much of the game although the game was pretty close most of the way. SIU's last lead was 68-66 with 4:00 minutes to go and it was still a 3-point game with :30 seconds to go.

However, I hope we don't have a game anywhere near like that game. Evansville (13-16) and the Shocks (6-10) attempted 26 free throws in their game. MSU (30-43) and SIU (14-20) shot 63 free throws in their game. MSU's Tyonna Snow scored 29 poiints on 5 FG's and 18-26 from the line. I sure hope we don't have to sit through a foul-fest like that on Saturday.

At this point it looks likely that Creighton will win out, so if the Shocks want an outright Valley title they will need to do the same.

Comment

Game day thoughts!

Go Shocks!

Go Braves!

Comment

The Lady Shocks jumped on a very poorly organized and poorly coached SIU team early and pretty much coasted to an 80-55 win, that was probably not that close, as the Shockers bid farewell to 6 seniors before a very nice announced crowd of 3,112. Way to show up Shocker fans.

Special kudos to our three 4-year seniors, Jessica Diamond, Chynna Turner and Jaz Gordon for committing the the Shocker 4-years ago and for getting this Shocker program turned around and heading in the right direction. Congrats as well to Bugg Jones, Nicole Wells and Darice Fountaine who have made important contributions as well in their time at WSU. Thank you ladies and best of luck to you all in your future pursuits.

With the win the Shocks go to 13-2 in the Valley and maintain their one game lead over Creighton, a 83-65 winner at Bradley today with 3 games remaining.

The 6 seniors and their fellow teammates still have some tough work ahead to reach their goals, but they are very capable of taking care of business over those remaining 3 road games. Let's get 'er done Ladies.

:poster_shocks:
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 23, 2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

The after game celebration was wonderful. It was very nice to celebrate with the girls and each one of them wanted us to eat from their cake.

Comment

So I went to my first women's game last night with the family.

1) Can someone please explain the towel baton hand off thing to me.
                                2) I never really thought about it but at their height / athletic level, if they give up a steal it is a home run every time. There is no chance of blocking the layup. You just get back there in hope of getting a rebound on a blown layup.
                                3) What in the hell was Jody Adams wearing?

Comment

Working...
                                X