Lady Shocks at the Cancun Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Doesn't matter what position Jessica is slotted in, she is our #1 scoring threat especially in the half-court. Playing the point doesn't eliminate you as a scoring threat. The MVC has had many good scoring point guards. MVC POY award winners Kristi Cirone of ILS and Jacqui Kalin of UNI come to mind. Kemba Walker and Jimmer Fredette on the men's side of the ledger were great scoring point guards.

The bottom line is, in a tight game, we have to get Jessica some touches and some looks down the stretch. I guess it's always possible she told Jody or that Jody thought she was out of gas and could not get it done, but I doubt that was the case.

In any case, I will be at all the games (except the mid-day, mid-week, schoolhouse rocks game - Northern Colorado on Dec 7).
    Agreed. The team's top scorer or hot hand for the game must have the ball during crunch time and plays should be designed for her to get open looks or create out of the offensive set.

Comment

James Madison 28 - Shocks 26 at the half. Pretty good half by the Shocks. They are 2 missed wide open bunnies from leading this game at the half.

Shocks lose 63-58. Might of had a chance if they had hit their free throws in the last 10 minutes of the game.

I thought James Madison was the best of the 3 teams the Shockers faced in Cancun.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 24, 2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

well, not a good day

Comment

Missouri lost to Green Bay 55-33 and they will play to Minnesota this afternoon.

Richmond beat Minnesota on Thursday 58-46 and they play Green Bay this afternnon.

James Madison is a better team than the Shocks although the Shocks battled them. Shocks should have beat both Missouri and Richmond.

Update: Minnesota 59 - Missouri 54; Green Bay 79 - Richmond 48

Shocks host Wisconsin-Green Bay at Koch Arena on December 30th.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 24, 2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Moved.

Comment

Working...
            X