No announcement yet.

WBB Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tulsa tied for the AAC regular season championship with North Texas and Temple at 13-5 (25-10 overall) and was the #1 seed in the AAC Tournament where the lost to 9th-seeded ECU in the quarterfinals after a double-bye and not only missed the NCAA Tournament but also the WNIT. The did play in the WBIT where they beat Arkansas and Goergetown before losing to Illinois 61-69 in the quarterfinals.

I noticed that Tulsa now has 6 players in the transfer portal including the 2023-24 AAC Player of the Year Temira Poindexter, a 6-1 junior-to-be forward. No doubt looking for a bigger NIL bag.

Comment

FYI

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm sure the NIL Dani got from Miami was substantially more than we could match. Wichita sure can't match the weather. I normally would like to wish her good luck but it just doesn't seem like I can find the motivation to do so.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Tulsa tied for the AAC regular season championship with North Texas and Temple at 13-5 (25-10 overall) and was the #1 seed in the AAC Tournament where the lost to 9th-seeded ECU in the quarterfinals after a double-bye and not only missed the NCAA Tournament but also the WNIT. The did play in the WBIT where they beat Arkansas and Goergetown before losing to Illinois 61-69 in the quarterfinals.

I noticed that Tulsa now has 6 players in the transfer portal including the 2023-24 AAC Player of the Year Temira Poindexter, a 6-1 junior-to-be forward. No doubt looking for a bigger NIL bag.
          Tulsa's Poindexter, the 2024 AAC POY, is heading to Kansas State. Nice get for K-State. Sucks for Tulsa.

Comment

Nooner has apparently offered an 8th grader.

Comment

Doesn't hurt to get in line early and create a relationship. An offer doesn't really mean much other then the young lady must be showing great potential. At this point the probability of her ever wearing a Shocker uniform are quite low but not zero.

Hopefully, Coach Nooner is still around in 2028 and the program is doing well.

A year ago Coach Nooner, 2 months after he was hired, offered 2 players following the end of their freshman years (Class of 2026).

Londyn Parkers 2023-24 sophomore year stats: https://kchshoops.com/player.php?player=4047&season=11

Heading into the 2024 Class 2A state tournament quarterfinals Brenna Rucker was leading Eureka at 16.7 points, 7.3 rebounds and 3.7 steals per game.

Comment

Go Shockers - Nooner Signs Xavier Transfer Woods

Wichita State head women's basketball coach Terry Nooner announced the addition of Xavier transfer Kaysia Woods to the 2024-25 roster Thursday afternoon.

A native of Lincoln, Neb., Woods spent three seasons with the Musketeers, appearing in 69 games and making 20 starts.

"Kaysia Woods brings an elite shooting ability and an exceptional basketball IQ to our team," Nooner said. "With her versatility and competitive spirit, she elevates our perimeter size and adds depth to our forward position."

The 6-0 guard with the ability to play forward averaged 7.5 points per game last season with a career-high 17 points against James Madison and will join the Shockers for her final season of eligibility. She has scored in double figures 11 times with one double-double.

Prior to Xavier, Woods scored over 1,000 career points for Lincoln High School, averaging 18.2 points per game as a senior.​
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

That fills the upsized guard need to go along with 5-11 Salese Blow along with 3-years of D-1 experience.

image.png

I am not exactly sure what we are getting in Kaysia. She played in 15 of Xavier's first 17 games this past season, starting 13 of the 15 games she played.then according to one Xavier fan "(Kaysia) was on pace to lead the team in three-pointers made before vanishing after 15 games". Another fan posted "It’s Time for Greg Christopher (the Xavier AD) to enter into the Portal and leave town.. he has literally screwed up this women’s program". Kaysia did not make an appearance again for the remainder of the season. Xavier had a horrible year this past season finishing 1-27 overall and 0-18 in Big East play while averaging only 50.7 points per game while giving up 72.6 points per game.

Here Kysia's Xavier Bio: https://goxavier.com/sports/womens-b...ia-woods/11424
                  Click on stats, then career to see her career stats.

Not sure these stats support the elite shooter narrative and the team's record doesn't exactly say BBIQ although it doesn't necessarily preclude that as a possibility.

It's possible Coach Nooner was familiar with Kaysia from her high school days in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Comment

I believe that leaves Coach Nooner with 2 scholarships. Need to add another big.

Perhaps someone like this this to go along with the 6-2 Maimouna Sissoko signed earlier:

After this need is filled, I would probably put that last scholarship in my pocket unless someone too good to pass up comes along.

Comment

I like this class. Hopefully they will gel early.

Comment

Anything on the Topeka player from HCC? I heard we had a good chance at her.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Anything on the Topeka player from HCC? I heard we had a good chance at her.
                          That would be 5-7 Kiki Smith who is referred to as a shooting guard. The problem may be that the inn is full when it comes to small guards.

Small Guards Signed: 5-5 KP Parr, 5-6 Taylor Jameson, 5-6 Kyleigh Ortiz, 5-6 Jasmine Peaks, and 5-7 Princess Anderson

Parr, a freshman, and Peaks, a 2-year juco player, are point guards. Ortiz and Anderson are 2-year juco players billed as shooting guards. Jameson, a grad transfer from George Mason, appears she might be a combo guard.

We need another decent, athletic big (6-2+) which I think is our biggest need. If Coach Nooner feels like he has to use that 15th and final scholarship an athletic 5-10+ sharpshooter would be nice although perhaps tough to find. I would rather see him put that last scholarship in his back pocket than just settle. That is what he did with Sophia Goncalves last year and that proved to be a waste of a scholarship. However, due to Title IX issues Coach Nooner may be under pressure to use all 15 scholarships. However, that may not be as big of an issue this coming year with women's bowling being added to the NCAA mix.

With the Biden Administration's recent changes in Title IX regarding the definition of sex to encompass sexual orientation and gender identification perhaps Coach Nooner should be on the lookout for a 6-10, 240lb transgender bruiser for that last scholarship.

Comment

Reposting Women's Transfer Portal site to current page:

Continuously updated rundown of women's basketball transfers, covering D-I transfer portal activity, from August 2023 to July 2024

Comment

image.png

Comment

Working...
                              X