• Show
Clear All

• WBB Recruiting

'24 PG from La Vegas HS in Texas.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Kiyleyah “Kp” Parr (@kiyleyahh) / X (twitter.com)

Kiyleyah Parr leads Waco La Vega past Glen Rose, into 4A UIL Girls Basketball State Championship - Sports Illustrated High School News, Analysis and More

Waco La Vega ended up winning the Texas 4A Championship.

Notice that Keitha Adams at UTEP had offered.

Comment

KP is a 5-5 guard in the Class of 2024:

Max Preps Page: https://www.maxpreps.com/tx/waco/la-...=dom0rcvm022dd

Hudl Page: https://www.hudl.com/profile/15368902/Kiyleyah-parr

With 5-8 DJ McCarty, 5-7 Tre-Zure Jobe, 5-9 Jeniah Thompson and 5-9 Aniya Bell completing their eligibility the need at the guard position next year is significant.

I presume that at 5-5 KP is being recruited as a point guard.

Not a big scorer at 12 PPG as Junior last year. 3.7 APG vs 2.3 TPG as a junior not bad. Not a great perimeter shooter hitting 25 of 95 last year for 26.3%. Not a great free throw shooter either at 138 of 232 as a junior for 59.5%.

The tale of the tape would indicate an undersized guard that is not a very good shooter. After watching her Hudl highlights I think she could make a solid point guard. Perhaps a little smaller version of Seraphine Bastin who was 5-8. Like Seraphine, Kp looks pretty strong despite her lack of height. Seraphine was not a great outside shooter as well, although I never really understood why. One thing Serpahine did do well shoot free throw where she was excellent, and she got to the line a lot. Kp has not been a good perimeter shooter nor a good free throw shooter. But looking at her shooting form and touch in her videos there is no reason to think she can't develop that part of her game.

Perhaps could be slightly smaller version then 5-7 Tre'Zure Jobe as well. Looking forward to see how Tre'Zure can operate at the D-I level.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 4, 2023, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Clever, well it is Halloween…

“Witchita”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Amaya Henderson HUDL page: https://www.hudl.com/profile/17056037/Amaya-Henderson (Listed at 6-1, but looks more like 6-3)

Amaya Henderson X page: https://twitter.com/AmayaH2025 (Class of 2025| 3.8 GPA| Height: 6’3| Wingspan 6’6| Defensive Player| Rebounding, Shooting, and Blocking Shots All Day!)

Comment

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Kyleigh Ortiz

"One of the best pure shooters in the country." -
              @terrynooner

Let's hope that is the case as that is big area of need for the Shocks. Kyleigh is a 5-6 guard out of Kansas, OK (that's a new one to me) via Coffeyville CC.

As a freshman at Coffeyville she made 96-254 three points for 37.8% in 33 games. In her first 3 games this year she is 6-22 for 27.3%. 83% of her shots are 3 point attempts.

37.8% would have been the best for the Shockers last year for players that took more than a minimal number of shots. Jane Asinde was 4-10 for 40%.

The question you have for smaller guards like Kyleigh is how successful will they be at the D-1 level in getting quality looks.

Comment

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I don't think this Princess has been talked about previously:

Looks like a reasonably good replacement for Tre'zure or DJ.

Pratt CC Stats: https://gobeaversports.com/sports/wb...=career&pos=sh
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 9, 2023, 05:31 PM.

Comment

With 5-8 DJ McCarty, 5-7 Tre-Zure Jobe, 5-9 Jeniah Thompson and 5-9 Aniya Bell completing their eligibility the need at the guard position next year is significant.

Upsized guards 5-11 Salese Blow and 5-10 Raissa Nsabua will return next year unless they decide to enter the portal. Salese will most likely be in the starting lineup but I don't think she will ever come close to duplicating her high school scoring output. Salese has a scorers mentality and can score although not sure whe will ever be an efficient scorer. She is really not a shooter. Or at least she doesn't have a shooting from you would ever want to teach anyone. Looks more like a shot putter than what you would consider a classic shooter's release. Raissa, like Salese looks like a pretty good athlete. So far she hasn't shown a great deal of basketball instinct.

So far Coach Nooner has signed 3 guards for next year who are 5-5, 5-6 and 5-7. So it appears that our already relatively undersized team will be getting even smaller next year.

I really don't expect the two 6-4 players on the roster to ever be key contributors. That would have a happened by now for Ella if it was going to happen. Sophia has played a total of 9 minutes this year without scoring. She has 1 rebound, 1 block, 1 steal, 3 fouls and 3 turnovers in those 9 minutes. At this point, Sophia is probably a bit of a long-shot project that you hope can be developed.

The questions will any players opt into the transfer portal at the end of the season. I would mostly be concerned about Dani Abies and Salese Blow.although they are getting and will continue to get a lot of playing time.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 23, 2024, 01:16 PM.

Comment

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The Lady Shockers had 2 players I was mostly worried about possibly entering the transfer portal. Dani Abies and Salese Blow.

If this website​ is accurate, this not good news for Terry Nooner as it lists Dani Abies as having entered the transfer portal.

The website also shows very little used freshman big Sophia Goncalves as in the portal and am not sure that is totally voluntary. In addition, Ambuh Kowcun has entered the portal as a grad transfer and apparently has her extra covid year to use. I don't see either of these departures as significant.

So at this point Coach Nooner has at least 5 'ships available for next year.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 26, 2024, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Former Shocker Jacie Hoyt was 21-12 in the 2022-23 season, her first at Oklahoma State, ending with a 1st round loss on the NCAA Tournament.

The year the Cowgirls fell to 14-16.(7-11 in Big 2 play). Of the 12 players eligible to return this season 6 are in the transfer portal.

Comment

On the women's side the current stats show a total of 676 players in the portal. 234 of those are grad transfers.

It would be interesting to know how many of those grad transfers are using the extra year of Covid eligibility. This should be the last year for that. Perhaps will see a drop in the number of grad transfers beginning next year,.

Comment

The Shockers' heir apparent at point guard, Kiyleyah Parr led her Waco La Vega High School team to their 2nd consecutive Class 4A championship with KP earning the Championship MVP award for the 2nd consecutive year as well.

KP, who was pretty consistent over her 4 year high school career finished her senior season averaging 12.8 PPG, 5.3 APG vs 2.8 TPG, and 3.4 SPG.

A small guard at 5-5 but sounds like one of those small, quick, aggressive guards that can make quite a pest of herself.

Looking forward to see what she brings to the court for the Shockers next fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X